Summer Workouts

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Don’t understand your comment. Coach P has said we will be a physical downhill power running team. He likes 50/50 balance but will lean towards whatever we are best at. If you are looking for more if the 80+% running offense you will be disappointed but I expect we will still run more than we throw.

Nm

stech81

Helluva Engineer
CGC hot these guys believing and buying in.

The people who think that this team will only win 6 games or less because we are changing systems better listen to the players and coaches. Something special is going to happen this year, no one is watching us and that will be their mistake. This team will surprise you be ready.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
The people who think that this team will only win 6 games or less because we are changing systems better listen to the players and coaches. Something special is going to happen this year, no one is watching us and that will be their mistake. This team will surprise you be ready.
I've still got us winning around 6 or 7 but we will be in every game this year and consistently be a tough out. The guys are all buying in and that is indeed a huge key to success but there will still be plenty of growing pains. It's pretty much inevitable.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
CGC hot these guys believing and buying in.

Awesome to see this and the similar testimonies from all of the other interviewed players (and coaches). The thing that speaks loudest to me is, "It excites us to come to work everyday." Something similar was mentioned in an article during Spring Practice where a player said something along the lines of "Nobody dreads going to practice. Everyday we're excited to get out there and work." When players love to practice, imagine how they'll feel when they hit game day. I can't count the amount of times I've heard media members, recruits, current players, and former players tweet something like "something special is going on at GT" this offseason. It's encouraging that those closest to the program seem to be the most excited about the future.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I understand where people are coming from on these workouts, but I don't think this is the way to get anybody inured to long term work. The way to get strong and stay that way is by being driven inside, not by group participation. It's a matter of acquiring personal habits that make it impossible for you to not feel guilty if you miss a workout and like a slacker if you do a workout and don't press yourself. If what you need to do the work necessary is a coach standing over you and a group to push you, you won't do the work if he isn't and they don't.

I'm speaking here as someone who has worked out continuously - except when my health didn't allow it - for almost 60 years. I just put in a short workout last Saturday because of time constraints and I felt guilty about it. That's what you need to get to be the best.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I understand where people are coming from on these workouts, but I don't think this is the way to get anybody inured to long term work. The way to get strong and stay that way is by being driven inside, not by group participation. It's a matter of acquiring personal habits that make it impossible for you to not feel guilty if you miss a workout and like a slacker if you do a workout and don't press yourself. If what you need to do the work necessary is a coach standing over you and a group to push you, you won't do the work if he isn't and they don't.

I'm speaking here as someone who has worked out continuously - except when my health didn't allow it - for almost 60 years. I just put in a short workout last Saturday because of time constraints and I felt guilty about it. That's what you need to get to be the best.

When you become a P5 S&C, you should apply this mindset to your program. Our #1 S&C of the year disagrees and runs his program using his own philosophy. Doesn't hurt that it looks fun too

85Escape

Helluva Engineer

So you are saying everyone is like you?

Milwaukee

Banned

Smdh

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Congratulations on being in the best possible shape.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'd send in a picture of me braced, but modesty forbids.
No - not necessary- i trust u.
I was in great shape till i went to vietnam. Lost all kinds of weight and then it all came back and then.

I think they are doing the team lifts/ workouts to develop more cross positional friendships / team building.

ONLY ABOUT 80 days till toe meets leather

Hopefully the fully volunteer workouts will be better attended. Is that in july?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20190612-210430_One UI Home.jpg

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah attitude culture is a great foundation and start. But lets face it. Its year one and we have alot of needs for experienced talent at positions that were not very good or deep last year. So for me its still a 5,6,7 win team range depending on the bounce of a ball and injuries. I dont believe the Dl is as bad as some think. And i dont think the ol is as bad as some. I do think qb is an issue. Ok. I said it. It is imo. And i may be wrong.

And i think cb is still 2 guys away for a strong 4. Lb is not very great. Little Te depth. And almost no depth at most positions (meaning quality depth other than rb and S). Lots of holes. So that takes time to fill and grow. Plus a standard O will be easier for team to prep for.

The thing is, if the ish hits the fan and we are down in the dumps how does this unit react? Thats the true test of attitude culture.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Was about to post the same. I feel we will win and/or be in more games than people think, but how this team handles and reaponds to adversity is what will define them.