Summer Workouts

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Agree about JT. The guy has the frame and athleticism to be an outstanding OLB. I've been saying that since he got to campus. With the way offenses are going these days, he can be such a valuable asset with his versatility. Maybe he ends up like Thomas Davis, a safety that becomes a pro LB. Something tells me if another safety can step up, JT becomes a LB. I'll go even further and say that Tariq Carpenter is more of a LB than JT is.
I see where you are coming from, but there would be a big downside to doing this: we lessen Thomas's return ability. I'd rather have him covering and fresher for returns then playing on the D front 7 and getting beat up. He was a frosh AA for his returns, not his tacking or coverage. The extra weight will just make him harder to bring down once he gets to speed.

But this is beyond our pay grade. We'll see.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm still doing my summer workouts.

th

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The dude is jacked, there’s no doubt about it. I would like to see him play a few downs before anointing him the next Eddie Lee Ivory.

Any of you guys remember Daniel Drummond, he was jacked as well? Probably more jacked. I’m not saying JG will end up like DD, but I want to see the guy play some first.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
The dude is jacked, there’s no doubt about it. I would like to see him play a few downs before anointing him the next Eddie Lee Ivory.

Any of you guys remember Daniel Drummond, he was jacked as well? Probably more jacked. I’m not saying JG will end up like DD, but I want to see the guy play some first.
Definitely some cherry picking. Other than being muscular, the talent gap between Drummond and Griffin is as wide as the Grand Canyon. Griffin was the Gatorade Player of the Year at one of the largest classifications in GHSA and had tons of P-5 Scholarships. I'm not sure Drummond had any other than Tech. I like the backs that are ahead of Griffin, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a lot this year.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah I was always a fan of Drummond and kept hoping he would break through but never seemed to be able to. I still follow him and he is even more jacked now than back in college. He also auditioned for the Titan Games show with the Rock so hopefully we get to see him again on there.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

Drummond was on roids, and not very talented. Not the same at all.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah I was always a fan of Drummond and kept hoping he would break through but never seemed to be able to. I still follow him and he is even more jacked now than back in college. He also auditioned for the Titan Games show with the Rock so hopefully we get to see him again on there.

Good. Hope he goes on to good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Definitely some cherry picking. Other than being muscular, the talent gap between Drummond and Griffin is as wide as the Grand Canyon. Griffin was the Gatorade Player of the Year at one of the largest classifications in GHSA and had tons of P-5 Scholarships. I'm not sure Drummond had any other than Tech. I like the backs that are ahead of Griffin, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a lot this year.
Yeah, I see your point. I should have just left off an example. I was just trying to think of somebody who was jacked and had the fanbase all riled up and then didn't pan out. That said, I still wanna see Griffin carry at least once in a college uniform before I anoint him anything. We should have a good idea a week or so into camp but then again that will be against our D, for whatever that's worth. I will say he's one terrific prospect and I'm glad we got 'em! If he can break a few off against Clem we'll know for darn sure!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would like to add on a comment about the guys adding muscle during thexwinter and summer. They all have added upperbody muscle - as shown in the unsavory oil photos.

For our dbs and lbs this should lead to an improvent in thier tackling. ( yes i am assuming they maintained speed) In the past I've seen a number of guys make a bad angle and then get shredded by the running back or wide receiver for a lot of extra yards. Perhaps now with stronger arms ,shoulders, and grips, we can at least limit the yards after contact and possibly create more turn overs. .

Say what you want about the austin twin. Those guys could tackke.

Seems like the plan is for the bulked up db s to be playing closer to the los. ??

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to add on a comment about the guys adding muscle during thexwinter and summer. They all have added upperbody muscle - as shown in the unsavory oil photos.

For our dbs and lbs this should lead to an improvent in thier tackling. ( yes i am assuming they maintained speed) In the past I've seen a number of guys make a bad angle and then get shredded by the running back or wide receiver for a lot of extra yards. Perhaps now with stronger arms ,shoulders, and grips, we can at least limit the yards after contact and possibly create more turn overs. .

Say what you want about the austin twin. Those guys could tackke.

Seems like the plan is for the bulked up db s to be playing closer to the los. ??

Collins is known for very physical, in-your-face dbs.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
21 exercises of 90 reps looks impossible to do at once.

I'm decidedly middle-aged, so my opinion is of little value on this. But that's never stopped me so I'll give it anyway :)

I work with a trainer 3 days a week for an hour lifting weights. She thinks she's the second coming of Jillian Michaels, so she is not easy on me. 90 Reps? We go to 24 typically, and she makes sure I only get there once before the weight goes up the next session. We do 15 - 20 stations an hour, rotating workouts every six weeks. I can't imagine getting to 90 reps on anything but the lightest of weights. The GT workout looks simply impossible. That's crazy.