Summer Workouts

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
TO is going to be on the field somewhere next year. Most people talk about Graham’s athleticism, but Tobias might be one of the top athletes in the team. Glad to see him working hard... I still think the QB race is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That kid is a selfless winner. Glad he is on our side and can’t wait to see how we use him.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
He’s a tough and savvy runner which are invaluable traits to have when you’re running for your life as a qb. The porous OL might have more to do with which qb wins the job than anything else.

Hopefully our typically “porous” OL is better than most expect. Any pass pro will be better than the last 2 or 3 years.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
He’s playing this year. Playing a lot

A part of me hopes we redshirt him, because I think we have both legitimate talent and solid depth at running back. The other part of me hopes he plays a lot, because that'll mean he's the truth. Good thing about being a fan is we get to watch it unfold without the pressure of making the decisions.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn't Antwan Owens a big fellow on the DL? How are they calculating top speed, etc? I'd assume we'd see all the 22mph club folks on there

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully our typically “porous” OL is better than most expect. Any pass pro will be better than the last 2 or 3 years.

It will be. The scheme alone will make it not as porous. What we did before to try to pass pro was embarrassing. Posted it many times. It was a run offense and thats ok. U just can’t compare pass pro then and now as apples to apples

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Isn't Antwan Owens a big fellow on the DL? How are they calculating top speed, etc? I'd assume we'd see all the 22mph club folks on there
I think the 3 groups are split out by weight classes (or something along those lines); not just overall top performers.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I’d put TO as a do it all player and use him like Florida used Percy Harvin.

If they continue to be a run oriented team then the OLine should be fine. Key is teaching them techniques on pass protection so teams won’t just be able to pin their ears back. My concern is with Coach Pat and his willingness to embrace being a physical run dominate team.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I’d put TO as a do it all player and use him like Florida used Percy Harvin.

If they continue to be a run oriented team then the OLine should be fine. Key is teaching them techniques on pass protection so teams won’t just be able to pin their ears back. My concern is with Coach Pat and his willingness to embrace being a physical run dominate team.
Don’t understand your comment. Coach P has said we will be a physical downhill power running team. He likes 50/50 balance but will lean towards whatever we are best at. If you are looking for more if the 80+% running offense you will be disappointed but I expect we will still run more than we throw.