Suddes

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don’t disagree in substance -that boorish behavior is bad, constant bashing grates on the nerves and destroys community. I just have an opinion that is different when it comes to judging fan outcry. To repeat, given how bad our record has been, how bad some of our losses have been, and how inept the coaching has appeared, this level of protest seems mild compared to what some past coaches got. Our immediate past coach got filleted by a small vocal group whenever he didn’t win the Coastal.

Personally, I just skip over redundant arguments and don’t wallow in the negative. Much of what is said is nonsensical ranting. But the complaints about negative posters seems overblown to me at times. This is a sports message board for crying out loud.
Can’t like this enough. And, humor that is not littered with profanity should be encouraged, not censored.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did you just quote two posts from the last 20 minutes yelling (that's how most people translate a post in all caps) at the mods for not cleaning up the thread?

I hear there may be an opening. I'm sure they'd love the help.
Can u get them to contact me ? .

GT33

Helluva Engineer
What CGC needs is to stop bloviating and start coaching.
You can't fault the big money boys for not wanting to throw good money after bad, even if they did screw up in the first place.
If you’ve ever made a mistake hiring you know the hardest thing to do is admit you made a mistake and get rid of the mistake before the mistake gets rid of you.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No one is forced to read a post. Put the poster on ignore or just don’t read it. Simple.
It really is that simple but we have some who like to bloviate about how bad some GT fans. It’s all just funny and part of the reason I enjoy reading this board. You have the doom and gloom group (of which I’m a member) and then you have the smarter than everyone else group who loves to tell everyone else how to be better fans and trying to get mods to ban folks for valid opinions. It’s awesome to follow.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If you’ve ever made a mistake hiring you know the hardest thing to do is admit you made a mistake and get rid of the mistake before the mistake gets rid of you.
I've been there. Not a good spot but you have to deal with it.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If that were true, it would require stating only once.
I'm curious does this standard apply to all thoughts that can be expressed on the board or just the ones you don't like?

More than that, and it is working an agenda. It is the very reason Eric had to leave "Stingtalk" and start "The Swarm". Here we are 10 years later and the stingtalk children are attempting to ruin this site also.
Classic cope. 'My team sucks but at least I'm a better fan than everyone else here.'

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious does this standard apply to all thoughts that can be expressed on the board or just the ones you don't like?

Classic cope. 'My team sucks but at least I'm a better fan than everyone else here.'
You'll figure it out when you gain more experience.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
It really is that simple but we have some who like to bloviate about how bad some GT fans. It’s all just funny and part of the reason I enjoy reading this board. You have the doom and gloom group (of which I’m a member) and then you have the smarter than everyone else group who loves to tell everyone else how to be better fans and trying to get mods to ban folks for valid opinions. It’s awesome to follow.
I was banned for a month for my “inappropriate comments”

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I have no issue at all with your complaint. We just don't have the resources (imo) tpo scrutinize every single post. I have always said we are like the police...we catch some of the speeders some of the time but not all of the speeders all of the time. Is it fair? If you said no I think that the idea has merit and is not unreasonable..

The overarching question is why do we need moderators to begin with. Every one who uses this site has agreed to abide by the rules set forth by John and Eric when they signed up here. But once "in the door"many choose to dfine their own terms and conditions. Again, no matter if you feel slighted by something we did or did not do, that does not justify boorish behavior. Nothing does. People use the "yeah but so and so did it..." card. I refuse to believe that our readership behaves like this as work. And, like the thread in the Basketball forum suggests, I think it may actually keep more reasonable folks from participating here.
Well, yea. I mean this is an internet message board and work is work.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
What has Brent Key done here to make him bolt for a bigger job? What would he bolt for?

His entire career is basically under O’Leary at UCF and a short stint at Bama as an OL coach for two years - a stint that got him the tech job. I haven’t seen anything from his coaching during his time here that’s impressed me. I’ll give him this upcoming year with all these transfers to prove something.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well, yea. I mean this is an internet message board and work is work.
This implies that we behave in an acceptable fashion only when we are forced to when the boss is watching. As Coach Wooten said awhile back, "character is what you do when nobody's watching".

I have always maintained that the anonymity aspect of these things embolden people to speak to and about others in ways in which you don't see in day to day interactions with other people. I like to believe even our most boorish and obnoxious posters here would actually be pretty decent people if one were to sitdown and discuss these matters over a beer or cocktail.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This implies that we behave in an acceptable fashion only when we are forced to when the boss is watching. As Coach Wooten said awhile back, "character is what you do when nobody's watching".

I have always maintained that the anonymity aspect of these things embolden people to speak to and about others in ways in which you don't see in day to day interactions with other people. I like to believe even our most boorish and obnoxious posters here would actually be pretty decent people if one were to sitdown and discuss these matters over a beer or cocktail.
Well, alcohol doesn’t always work that way. My roommate my senior year at GT was one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet, until he drank.

My only point in this discussion is lighthearted humor should be encouraged. It is healthy and cathartic. Our HC makes a great deal of $$ and is a big boy.