#StopCutBlockHate #CutBlocksAreBlocksToo

I hope the Tennessee defenders are geeked out about cut blocks and worried about injuries. Get in their heads. Heck, let the Oline come to the line and chant "cut block", "cut block". All in unison. Or maybe: "Cut Block, Cut Block, Take Out A Knee" "Cut Block Cut Block Tennessee".

I recall in high school being taught to throw at the defenders legs and hooking a heel with your hand. It put the defender on the ground. But of course, it was holding... IF the ref saw it. It was pretty effective. We had to stop the technique because it got excessive.
That would be a great chant for the Tech fans in the stands before the game.....LOL

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
I hope the Tennessee defenders are geeked out about cut blocks and worried about injuries. Get in their heads. Heck, let the Oline come to the line and chant "cut block", "cut block". All in unison. Or maybe: "Cut Block, Cut Block, Take Out A Knee" "Cut Block Cut Block Tennessee".

I recall in high school being taught to throw at the defenders legs and hooking a heel with your hand. It put the defender on the ground. But of course, it was holding... IF the ref saw it. It was pretty effective. We had to stop the technique because it got excessive.

You might need to calm down

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You might need to calm down
I agree it's a little overboard, and I'm sure he's not wanting anyone hurt. But you got to understand this is something fans have been hearing for years and so it has become comical and that's why the cut block comments are being made.

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
Sure. I won't connect any dots. Just as y'all don't generalize, I won't either. But i was taught to be better than my opponent.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I read the link to the UT board. Having done this internet thing for awhile, I have come to the conclusion that any fan of team X who visits the message board of team Y with the hopes of disseminating info and shaping the narrative probably has a better chance of going into a randomly selected mosque in the middle East and converting the congregation to Christianity. I am amazed that people even make the attempt. In 99.998% (estimated, not measured) of the attempts, the "missionaries" of their faith simply do not have enough data and bring snippets of anecdotal data which they fervently believe is enough to offset the same type of anecdotal data that is being used on the other side of the debate. While I applaud the effort, I cannot imagine anything being more futile and wasting more time.

The data must be available to support or refute the hypothesis that cut blocking causes more injuries to defensive players than other forms of blocking. Since I (and apparently no one else) has or have neither the time or inclination to do the research, I think it is more fun (and certainly a much more prudent use of my time) to let other people continue to believe that the probability of knees and careers being shattered is much higher when playing our offense. We are not going to change the narrative without the aforementioned research so we should embrace it and have some fun with it.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
IMG_8426.JPG

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Last edited:

Jmonty71

Banned
Wow, reading those VolNation threads, I feel sad for them. Its an entire community of grown adults that don't understand the sport they follow, don't understand the rules, and don't understand their opponents...yet are so arrogantly overconfident while being completely wrong in public on the internet. Sad.
So, pretty much like UGAg fans, huh?

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech's preseason telekinetic cut blocking program obviously works, but needs refining. Otherwise the Vols would have nobody remaining on defense.

Ooops, probably shouldn't have posted that. Top secret and all.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer

This pissed me off so bad. So much ignorance in one place. It's like people just see what they want to see because literally every team uses cut blocks