#StopCutBlockHate #CutBlocksAreBlocksToo

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The UT fans have been complaing about how dangerous cut blocks are but none of the have found any injuries caused by a GT cut block. They have found an injurie by a chop block though. They are also saying we are dirty in doing it and trying to hurt guys, so I posted this and still have not received a reply.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=espn:14075215

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-camera-stomping-Georgia-rival-s-head.html

You should show them a video of a UT player ultimately ending USCe's Marcus Lattimore's career and costing him millions. Lattimore was engaged in a tackle with one UT defender, and another UT defender dove straight into Lattimore's knees on purpose. I believe you could see the UT defender celebrating afterwards. It caved in his knees and I'm not sure he ever played football again. He was slated to be a 1st-2nd rounder. THAT is pretty much the definition a high/low chopblock, but it was the defense that did it.

I'm not going to post it because it's gruesome, but it's available on Youtube.

Last edited:

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan

This picture is taken out of context. Watch the video and it might change your mind. Or not.
The hit on the defenseless receiver is pretty bad, and Randolph was rightfully ejected. I could argue that the safety didn't anticipate his DB breaking up the pass, but I can't judge intent.
I still can't watch that Lattimore injury. Very sickening stuff, but as I remember it I believe a smaller player was trying to tackle low, but back to intent.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This picture is taken out of context. Watch the video and it might change your mind. Or not.
The hit on the defenseless receiver is pretty bad, and Randolph was rightfully ejected. I could argue that the safety didn't anticipate his DB breaking up the pass, but I can't judge intent.
I still can't watch that Lattimore injury. Very sickening stuff, but as I remember it I believe a smaller player was trying to tackle low, but back to intent.
I did watch the video and it still didn't give him the right to stomp his head imo. Yes the UGA player was being dirty, but once he got free he should have walked away. Not only is it dirty, it affects your team if you get ejected because of it.plus that was just one of the targeting calls. You have the one with Jalen reeves maybin, and the one or two against Texas a&m. I only posted them because if GT is dirty because of cut blocks I can say UT is dirty because of these clips that are actually illegal. (I don't think either team is known to be dirty)

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
I did watch the video and it still didn't give him the right to stomp his head imo. Yes the UGA player was being dirty, but once he got free he should have walked away. Not only is it dirty, it affects your team if you get ejected because of it.plus that was just one of the targeting calls. You have the one with Jalen reeves maybin, and the one or two against Texas a&m. I only posted them because if GT is dirty because of cut blocks I can say UT is dirty because of these clips that are actually illegal. (I don't think either team is known to be dirty)

Stomp? ehh debatable, but I'll acquiesce bc of my own biases. I understand the point you're making and I don't view cut blocking to be dirty. It's all a part of the game. What I think is hard for some wrap their heads around is that GT's blocking scheme is taught. Cut blocks are not exclusively taught, but it is a part of their scheme. People think cut blocks are atypical, thus assuming malicious. Which turns into coaches teach dirty tactics. I'm not trying to defend everyone, but I think it offers a point of view of how some come to that conclusion.

Deleted member 2897

Wow, reading those VolNation threads, I feel sad for them. Its an entire community of grown adults that don't understand the sport they follow, don't understand the rules, and don't understand their opponents...yet are so arrogantly overconfident while being completely wrong in public on the internet. Sad.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Stomp? ehh debatable, but I'll acquiesce bc of my own biases. I understand the point you're making and I don't view cut blocking to be dirty. It's all a part of the game. What I think is hard for some wrap their heads around is that GT's blocking scheme is taught. Cut blocks are not exclusively taught, but it is a part of their scheme. People think cut blocks are atypical, thus assuming malicious. Which turns into coaches teach dirty tactics. I'm not trying to defend everyone, but I think it offers a point of view of how some come to that conclusion.
Stomped is a little much, I agree. He just pushed down I guess would be the better thing to say.

SlawDog

Banned
Wow, reading those VolNation threads, I feel sad for them. Its an entire community of grown adults that don't understand the sport they follow, don't understand the rules, and don't understand their opponents...yet are so arrogantly overconfident while being completely wrong in public on the internet. Sad.
People in general are pretty dumb. Present company excluded

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You should sign up as '@BattleofWoundedKnees' over there and cause some trouble. They're so easy.

#BOWK

Deleted member 2897

You should sign up as '@BattleofWoundedKnees' over there and cause some trouble. They're so easy.

#BOWK

I think they are all bot accounts created by Stoops. He is just sitting over there arguing amongst himself all day long.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think they are all bot accounts created by Stoops. He is just sitting over there arguing amongst himself all day long.

At least Stoops was man enough to shout his objections .... in CPJ's general direction ...well, at an asst coach ... from half a football field away ...

Other coaches just wait for the annual anonymous "coach" comment article(sic).