#StopCutBlockHate #CutBlocksAreBlocksToo

Deleted member 2897

At least Stoops was man enough to shout his objections .... in CPJ's general direction ...well, at an asst coach ... from half a football field away ...

Other coaches just wait for the annual anonymous "coach" comment article(sic).

True. Rarely has someone been so loud, so vocal, so obviously wrong. I have not experienced the total take down from the TV color commentators very often as was the case in the Tax Slayer Bowl.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
True. Rarely has someone been so loud, so vocal, so obviously wrong. I have not experienced the total take down from the TV color commentators very often as was the case in the Tax Slayer Bowl.

I chided them guys but, to their credit, they ran back the replays and called Stoop(id)s out for whining about phantom no-calls.

I mean, their guys basically got hurt running into each other and Stoop(id)s was whining about cutchop blocks.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I chided them guys but, to their credit, they ran back the replays and called Stoop(id)s out for whining about phantom no-calls.

I mean, their guys basically got hurt running into each other and Stoop(id)s was whining about cutchop blocks.
I was reading through that Tennessee thread posted earlier and I think one guy was still arguing it was cut blocks that hurt one of the players because a cut block put a guy on the ground for the player to trip over. I guess putting defenders on the ground is dirty (?). Then they said the reason why that player was recently dismissed for violation of team rules was probably due to the addiction to pain meds we put him on. Some are grasping at anything to make their argument work. I seriously cannot recall anyone getting hurt in a game due to our blocking scheme in all of the years I've watch CPJ at GT. Whereas I know uga has a problem with UT destroying the knees of their players over the years, particularly Nick Chubb (on a late hit IIRC).

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think probably this is one of those things that people aren't really interested in understanding. They'd rather cling to their beliefs, and that's just fine. Even better if the players on the other team are freaked out about it, because it means they're not thinking about defending the play.

After reading Tennessee's message board, I have come to realize they are the southern version of Penn State: people who have a WAY inflated opinion of their own place in the college football ecosystem, based on accomplishments from a generation ago.

Lets just enjoy their frustration, and remember that no matter what happens, they have to live in Tennessee.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Wow, reading those VolNation threads, I feel sad for them. Its an entire community of grown adults that don't understand the sport they follow, don't understand the rules, and don't understand their opponents...yet are so arrogantly overconfident while being completely wrong in public on the internet. Sad.

I've observed that confidence in being right about something on the internet tends to be inversely correlated with actually being right about said thing on the internet. Dunno if that's an accurate observation.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/276007-conversation.html#post13961724

Read this post, there is a little section about GT and how we block. Supposedly they are ready for our blocking lol, as if they are able to simulate how it's going to be on game day. They will be in for a rude awakening.
From article. "I told him(Coach Jones) I just hope we dont suffer the injuries this year like last year especially w the blocking schemes GT uses. He smiled real big & said the players are stronger and better prepared this year which will help w the injuries & then he grinned real big & said in a very matter of fact way, "we're ready for their blocking & we are going to kick their ***!" Which he followed with a fist bump. He wasn't saying it bragging, he was confident." Locker Room Post Material!

Deleted member 2897

Again, most importantly - all things that Vanderbilt, Georgia, and Kentucky said. And just as confidently.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well that's just false. I read the ridiculously long post and he clearly claimed to be buddies with some high level staffer who offered that sentiment.

I agree the poster was pretty obviously referencing an assistant. An overconfident dumb one. And I'd say the same of a Tech assistant if one made a similar statement regarding UT. I'll be very surprised if either team blows out the other. Both teams better bring their A games and take their competition seriously....or I might be proven wrong about the blowout possibilities.

gtvol

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm guessing a 42-35 game. Great opener for us. If we go 5-1 to start the season I hope the 1 L is to Tech. Unless we're 6-0

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope the Tennessee defenders are geeked out about cut blocks and worried about injuries. Get in their heads. Heck, let the Oline come to the line and chant "cut block", "cut block". All in unison. Or maybe: "Cut Block, Cut Block, Take Out A Knee" "Cut Block Cut Block Tennessee".

I recall in high school being taught to throw at the defenders legs and hooking a heel with your hand. It put the defender on the ground. But of course, it was holding... IF the ref saw it. It was pretty effective. We had to stop the technique because it got excessive.