Steve Hummer is relentless

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Just what sort of perception will H.S. kids have of a program that loses to a FCS school like the Citadel. Just what sort of perception will they have if we finish 1-11 this year and 3-9 next.
H.S. kids will see through the Bullcrap being piled high and look elsewhere.
What kind of perception will recruits have of Geoff Collins and GT if they go 1-11 this season? The 2020 recruiting class could vanish into thin air.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Just what sort of perception will H.S. kids have of a program that loses to a FCS school like the Citadel. Just what sort of perception will they have if we finish 1-11 this year and 3-9 next.
H.S. kids will see through the Bullcrap being piled high and look elsewhere.

And what about CURRENT players that live through this mess? Like Graham or Griffin? The monster that is the transfer portal exists now...do we run the risk of having some people jump ship as well?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
And what about CURRENT players that live through this mess? Like Graham or Griffin? The monster that is the transfer portal exists now...do we run the risk of having some people jump ship as well?
I think that is a big possibility. I could see one of GT's quarterbacks transferring somewhere like Kennesaw State or Wofford who run an offense that they would be familiar with.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

There will be attrition!!!

Graham all but said he was leaving if the TO stayed

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
He spoke the truth. These clown coaches better start coaching very soon and quit worrying about all the circus gimmicks and start naming starters, starting with TO at QB.

When and if TO is named starter you guys will understand that all teams will have to do is stack the line. Yesterday while watching the game I found myself thinking about how good TO would be if he were a passing threat. The truth is that he isn’t and the truth is some of you love him because of his individual effort. Most of his stuff is the result of planned QB runs. He makes his own stats not because the play is there but because he truly looks like a ping pong ball as he bounces from poor tackle attempt to poor tackle attempt. He is a beast RUNNING THE BALL, unfortunately for the team a QB has to be a passing threat.

Otherwise you guys yelling for TO should be yelling for TheTriple Option. Let VT, NC, Duke, Ga and Miami game plan us knowing TO is the starter every game. Run left run right and hope TO can break tackles will work for 2 weeks straight then y’all will be demanding he pass accurately.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
What everyone here is missing about Collins is how he has changed the perception high school players see GT. You can downplay that all you want but it’s true. I’m not willing to give up on a guy 3 games in playing with a scrap heap Oline.

I don’t think anyone on the site is really willing to”give up on this team”. We are here because we love this team and school, we expect anything associated with TECH to be highly evolved and adaptable.

Continually saying we don’t have the pieces to produce is an out. We have plenty. It’s like saying you have to freeze to death when you are lost in the woods with no matches, as you kick the very source of heat out of your sleeping spot. Rub the Fing sticks together, use your camera lense and solar energy. Adapt and live and stop telling me why it’s ok to die !

GTFLETCH

Banned
What everyone here is missing about Collins is how he has changed the perception high school players see GT. You can downplay that all you want but it’s true. I’m not willing to give up on a guy 3 games in playing with a scrap heap Oline.
Let's see how many of the recruits he can keep as the season goes on... Not sure.. if they keep coaching they way they have been recruits may look for a more stable situation... Time will tell

If we have more games like the one yesterday, that perception is likely to change very fast.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Collins will riff on how, in his system, there is no set player at any position. “We don’t talk like that,” he said postgame when asked about who’s Tech’s quarterback moving forward. “You notice out there today there were probably six safeties who played in the game. I don’t see people sitting here asking me who is going to be the starting safety moving forward. We don’t think in those terms.”

This kind of stuff infuriates me. Is this some kind of politically correct running of a team?! No starters, no direction, no leadership and then we wonder why we lose to the Citadel. He sounds like a flake.

Did I see that Charlie Thomas ,the ACC LBer ofthe wk, did NOT start? omg--and don't get me started on the kicking.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

What’s that perception today? What will it be if they don’t turn things around drastically?