Steve Hummer is relentless

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
One of our starting QBs is returning kicks. Do we really not have anyone else on the team that can do that? Is the roster really that thin?

There is no such thing as a starting QB with this team. If you are “ATL”, we will find you a place to play and get you some playing time. Or some silly **** like that.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t see TStan calling you to coach this team. Hindsight is always 20/20. Putting TO at kick returner shows he is a top level athlete and how depleted of elite talent we may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get having TO on KOR. But it is high risk, high reward.
I am in favor of getting the ball into TO's hands as much as humanly possible. But we can go Cottrell, Juanyeh, A. Brown at KOR too and not risk TO getting torn in two on a KOR. Shoot, put Tre Swilling back there.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I’m sure I could, but I realize any transition is tough. We played poorly against a team we should clobber and lost. It sucks, but it’s life and it happens sometimes. Let’s move on and get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving on?
Yes
Getting over it?
Nope.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What everyone here is missing about Collins is how he has changed the perception high school players see GT. You can downplay that all you want but it’s true. I’m not willing to give up on a guy 3 games in playing with a scrap heap Oline.

what they see right now is us losing at home to Citadel in front of maybe 20,000 fans at the end of the game.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
what they see right now is us losing at home to Citadel in front of maybe 20,000 fans at the end of the game.

We paid the Citadel 400K to embarrass us on our own field.

There is no advantage to playing these games. With 130 D1 teams, find 2-3 bottom feeders to prey on, fill the stands and work out the kinks. Study after study shows that attendance drops as the quality of the opponent drops.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We may be outnumbered in our own house for every home game the rest of the year, with the possible exception of Pittsburgh.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
all losses are not the same.
losing to Clemson is one thing. Losing to a Coastal opponent is one thing.
Losing to The Citadel is an absolute embarrassment and should not be tolerated or excused or passed over by anybody.

Emotionally and standard wise, no. but it still count as just 1 in the L column

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Emotionally and standard wise, no. but it still count as just 1 in the L column

True. If we finish around .500 we can write this embarrassment off as an aberration. Winning ain’t easy though. It just shouldn’t be so hard vs FCS. If we just eliminated the discipline issues on D the result would have likely been very different.

Doesn’t excuse all the problems but all those problems are fixable.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I still have faith we can string enough wins together to show enough progress to keep the recruits. The ACC is terrible this year. Especially the coastal.

The ACC being terrible also hurts us a bit though. I think it’s a bit early to worry about losing recruits. Not to early to worry that CGC won’t be able to land the big time recruits he has been promising though.

Just play good at Temple for starters.