Steve Hummer is relentless

Animal02

Banned
So the more I listen to CGC and the more I read.....we made a bad coaching hire. Citadel kicked our but today. Our coaching looks like a pee wee squad and we are dancing on the side lines. We will never recruit a bunch of five stars so we need a coach and a scheme. I have talked to lots of Tech fans tonight and they are done already with the crap. CGC, get off Twitter, put down the Waffle house cup and paly Oliver and run the Option.
And TStan gave him a 7 year contract for no good reason.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t see TStan calling you to coach this team. Hindsight is always 20/20. Putting TO at kick returner shows he is a top level athlete and how depleted of elite talent we may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After today’s result, I’m not sure Stansbury is a person in whom much faith should be put. In fact, there’s considerable evidence that the opposite is true.

I am prepared to be 1-11 this year after a 63-0 drubbing by UGA this year. That is if this coaching continues. This above the line crap is crap. Oliver is our staring QB and Mason need 25 touches per game. Forget recruiting because after today we lose recruits. Winning is all that matters. Get off Twitter, stop the dancing, get rid of the money down, which the Citadel took us to the bank today and watch some Bear Bryant Tapes.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Collins will riff on how, in his system, there is no set player at any position. “We don’t talk like that,” he said postgame when asked about who’s Tech’s quarterback moving forward. “You notice out there today there were probably six safeties who played in the game. I don’t see people sitting here asking me who is going to be the starting safety moving forward. We don’t think in those terms.”

This kind of stuff infuriates me. Is this some kind of politically correct running of a team?! No starters, no direction, no leadership and then we wonder why we lose to the Citadel. He sounds like a flake.

Any coach who can’t appreciate the difference between a safety and a QB in a football game doesn’t deserve to have anything to do with an offense.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I started thinking that last year. I am becoming more and more convinced it is true.
The entire AA is a train wreck. Stansbury should never have been allowed to make this hire after he flirted with Whisenhunt. To me, that reflected such awful judgment that whatever he did would be bad. Extending Paster ain’t looking great, either.

Animal02

Banned
The entire AA is a train wreck. Stansbury should never have been allowed to make this hire after he flirted with Whisenhunt. To me, that reflected such awful judgment that whatever he did would be bad. Extending Paster ain’t looking great, either.
And then there was the women's BB mess....right or wrong.....the optics were bad.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Reading these comments about the coaching, many of which I agree with, compels me to mention the players on the field. Today’s loss was a combination of a team lacking talent as well being poorly prepared.

I’m confident our talent will improve in time with Collins. Hopefully the game plan will as well.

You don't post enough on here. I always appreciated your sage posts on the old AJC blogs, and the few times you post here are always good too. Would also love to get together with you again, if only, like last time, for a few minutes.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
So the more I listen to CGC and the more I read.....we made a bad coaching hire. Citadel kicked our but today. Our coaching looks like a pee wee squad and we are dancing on the side lines. We will never recruit a bunch of five stars so we need a coach and a scheme. I have talked to lots of Tech fans tonight and they are done already with the crap. CGC, get off Twitter, put down the Waffle house cup and paly Oliver and run the Option.
If we wanted to run the option we would have CPJ. It's obvious the program wants to go in another direction.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hey man I liked CPJ too, I would've been cool if he stayed and I loved the 3O. That said, I'm willing to give CGC a chance. Patenaude? Done with that idiot.

I was on the wait and see team regarding CGC. I hope I wait a very long time before I ever see anything close to as bad from him as what we got with the Citadel.

He may turn things around and end up being decent. I have next to no reason to think he can ever be great, elite, or even very good.