Steve Hummer is relentless

Buzzrock

Georgia Tech Fan
We paid the Citadel 400K to embarrass us on our own field.

There is no advantage to playing these games. With 130 D1 teams, find 2-3 bottom feeders to prey on, fill the stands and work out the kinks. Study after study shows that attendance drops as the quality of the opponent drops.

Hell let’s have more of these “OOC” games with divisional opponents like FSU. We’ve been missing out while they suck.

Animal02

Banned
We paid the Citadel 400K to embarrass us on our own field.

There is no advantage to playing these games. With 130 D1 teams, find 2-3 bottom feeders to prey on, fill the stands and work out the kinks. Study after study shows that attendance drops as the quality of the opponent drops.
The advantage is the extra home game every other year.......I looked at the numbers and even with only a 40k draw, it is a money maker. Even more so for the SECs that can sell 90k seats.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Hell let’s have more of these “OOC” games with divisional opponents like FSU. We’ve been missing out while they suck.

Seriously? We can’t schedule Tulane? Charlotte? Bowling Green?

College football is a business. F* the FCS ... if they were any good, they would be FBS.

When I played sports, I would ask ... who is the absolute best at this? And play them. Often. I got my *** handed to me often. Until I didn’t.

Play losers, be losers. Play an A game. Always.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
The entire AA is a train wreck. Stansbury should never have been allowed to make this hire after he flirted with Whisenhunt. To me, that reflected such awful judgment that whatever he did would be bad. Extending Paster ain’t looking great, either.

Ironically, a Whisenhunt team most likely beats the citadel. And I didn't want ken.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Seriously? We can’t schedule Tulane? Charlotte? Bowling Green?

College football is a business. F* the FCS ... if they were any good, they would be FBS.

When I played sports, I would ask ... who is the absolute best at this? And play them. Often. I got my *** handed to me often. Until I didn’t.

Play losers, be losers. Play an A game. Always.

Actually it’s pretty hard to schedule and most teams, even those you mentioned, either want significantly more than what an FCS team gets or they want a return visit. And those kinds of things are scheduled years in advance.

I’m not at all disagreeing with your point. Just saying that it’s not as easy to schedule those kinds of games as it might seem. While I am not in the AA I have, a few times, gone through our future open date schedules (not this year or last year but a few years back) and then worked to match those open dates with FBS teams that also appear to have open dates. I start with P5 and then go to G5 type teams (or whatever they are called at the time I do the research) and that usually weeds out a tremendous percent of the teams out there. Then I figure that most of those teams will want a home and home and look to see if there’s a second date in our next few years that will match our OOC schedules and where we don’t already have another home and home scheduled. And that weeds out another big chunk. And then I start coming up with a list and usually it is pretty small.

I’m not saying it’s impossible at all. It’s just harder than I think some people believe to find those games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Just that...to me that is a stupid move.

Well, it is if he is going to be THE MAN at quarterback as he should be, but if he is just ATL. He came within a whisker of running that kickoff back for a touchdown. TO is the best athlete so give him the ball along with Mason and you will have lightning in a bottle. That is, if the offensive coordinator has since enough to tailor the offense to TO's strengths and not insist on trying to force a round peg into a square hole but the jury is still out on that one.

Animal02

Banned
Well, it is if he is going to be THE MAN at quarterback as he should be, but if he is just ATL. He came within a whisker of running that kickoff back for a touchdown. TO is the best athlete so give him the ball along with Mason and you will have lightning in a bottle. That is, if the offensive coordinator has since enough to tailor the offense to TO's strengths and not insist on trying to force a round peg into a square hole but the jury is still out on that one.
I would have no problem with TO moving to the backfield and doing KOs. Put he and TO in a split shotgun position....heck, even throw Mason in at the same time as a tailback.......You could direct snap to LJ or TO.

The QB should be on the sideline with the O coach prepping for the series.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I would have no problem with TO moving to the backfield and doing KOs. Put he and TO in a split shotgun position....heck, even throw Mason in at the same time as a tailback.......You could direct snap to LJ or TO.

I honestly think they were going to put LJ in at quarterback no matter what. I hope this team and this staff realize that the whole season is riding on the game at Temple. Win that one and continue to improve on all phases and the season may be salvaged to some degree. Lose that one and its Katie bar the door. It is not fair to a first year coach to be put in an early season "must win" situation like this but the fact that they lost to the Citadel coupled with the manner in which the game was lost has the mob howling already. IIWII

LibertyTurns

Banned
I honestly think they were going to put LJ in at quarterback no matter what. I hope this team and this staff realize that the whole season is riding on the game at Temple. Win that one and continue to improve on all phases and the season may be salvaged to some degree. Lose that one and its Katie bar the door. It is not fair to a first year coach to be put in an early season "must win" situation like this but the fact that they lost to the Citadel coupled with the manner in which the game was lost has the mob howling already. IIWII
Losing to Temple won’t be the thing that lights the fire it will be how it happens and that’s IF it happens.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

An interesting proposition but I have seen all of LJ that I would care to see. Play TO at quarterback or Graham and play Tobias in a sort of "slash" position made famous by Chan when he was the Steelers offensive coordinator with a similarly multi talented athlete whose name I have forgotten. A backfield of James, Tobias, and Jordan would be a defensive coordinator's nightmare if properly used and the line would actually block someone.

Animal02

Banned
He only has himself to blame.....He came storming into town with his passive aggressive attitude toward the previous regime..........filled the twitter universe and airwaves with his hype, all summer were the "look at me / us" posts and press releases for things that everyone else does normally. Now he finds himself with insufficient funds for all those checks he wrote.

Animal02

Banned
An interesting proposition but I have seen all of LJ that I would care to see. Play TO at quarterback or Graham and play Tobias in a sort of "slash" position made famous by Chan when he was the Steelers offensive coordinator with a similarly multi talented athlete whose name I have forgotten. A backfield of James, Tobias, and Jordan would be a defensive coordinator's nightmare if properly used and the line would actually block someone.
If Graham is able to play.....yes put both of them in the backfield.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Temple won’t be the thing that lights the fire it will be how it happens and that’s IF it happens.

"Lights the fire"? That would imply he is on the hot seat. I do not see that happening after all he has a 7 year contract and Chan lost to UGA by 50 plus points his first year. I meant that the wolves would be howling even louder and Grant Field at Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium would become a quiet place for students to study. One year Sports Illustrated did an article on the "worst college football program in the country" Poor old Macalester College (spelling?). Anyway, they had a home game and the reporter seeking quotes asked a young man sitting alone in the stands reading a book and only occasionally looking at the game what he thought. The other team kicked off and the ball was downed in the Macalester end zone: "Best play in the play book" opined the scholar with scarcely a glance "gets 20 yards every time" I don't think we will be the butt of smart aleck remarks like that from internet wisenheimers but continue to do stupid stuff like at the end of Saturday's game it could happen.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
"Lights the fire"? That would imply he is on the hot seat. I do not see that happening after all he has a 7 year contract and Chan lost to UGA by 50 plus points his first year. I meant that the wolves would be howling even louder and Grant Field at Historic Bobby Dodd Stadium would become a quiet place for students to study. One year Sports Illustrated did an article on the "worst college football program in the country" Poor old Macalester College (spelling?). Anyway, they had a home game and the reporter seeking quotes asked a young man sitting alone in the stands reading a book and only occasionally looking at the game what he thought. The other team kicked off and the ball was downed in the Macalester end zone: "Best play in the play book" opined the scholar with scarcely a glance "gets 20 yards every time" I don't think we will be the butt of smart aleck remarks like that from internet wisenheimers but continue to do stupid stuff like at the end of Saturday's game it could happen.
He will be on a thermonuclear hotseat if GT finishes 2019 1-11 and does no better in 2020

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
He only has himself to blame.....He came storming into town with his passive aggressive attitude toward the previous regime..........filled the twitter universe and airwaves with his hype, all summer were the "look at me / us" posts and press releases for things that everyone else does normally. Now he finds himself with insufficient funds for all those checks he wrote.

A bit harsh don't you think? Coaches and players would be better off letting their coaching and playing do the talking I would agree but he is far from being done. This play is only in the first act with twists and turns yet to come. He might just surprise us and the ACC. We will see.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We will almost certainly win a game or two this year no one gives us much of a chance in. As bad as we played Saturday we really aren’t that bad. And the coaches can’t be dumb enough to continue doing some of the dumb things they have done.

Our D is good enough to keep us in most games so long as we execute and don’t make unforced errors.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I just can't see GT beating Temple,Duke or North Carolina and they would be the teams that GT has the best chance to beat in my opinion:grumpy:

Maybe not but we have an off week and if the coaches are smart they will sit TO, James, and LJ down and tell them that the play at quarterback is not acceptable. Name James the quarterback and play TO in a variety of roles including a special package for him that caters to what he does best and for the love of Christ get Jordan the ball. He only carried it, what? 11 times last week. That line is not going to give quarterbacks time to go through progressions so make it short and simple. Personally, I would run more option plays and make us more of a perimeter team. But what do I know?