Statement Game vs Da U

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it was @Longestday who mentioned DJ getting a little dinged up at the end of the game vs Duke. Some recent articles mentioned some of their line getting banged up and Johnson tweaking his ankle in the first half. We'll see what Miami's practice's show this week but would be a bit easier if they have a week side on their line.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article2290262.html

scroll down to injury report in this one for the mention of DJ's leg
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...tinues-climbing-all-time-rushing-ranks-092814

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The injury I am wondering about happened after the ankle sprain in the 1st Q... The knee hit and the flip was in the last quarter. Perhaps it was not as bad as it looked.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
As jacked up as the guys seemed to be for the Hokies, having that week off to recharge and regroup might be just what they need, instead of any hangover effect from beating VPI.
Monday practice might be a little ragged but it won't take long for things to get straightened out. Hopefully some seniors - Nealy, Mason, Laskey, et al - start getting the message across that this losing stuff to those guys ends now.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't really want our guys worrying about making a statement. That stuff is all just a distraction from the task at hand. We need to prepare hard for this team and clean up some of the crap that has been plaguing us. If we do that, we have a good chance to win. I don't think Miami has played nearly to their potential so far this year either. It doesn't mean they won't this Saturday, however. You never know when the light will come on for a team being led by a frosh QB. Bottom line: I will be very happy to survive and advance, no matter how it happens.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't really want our guys worrying about making a statement. That stuff is all just a distraction from the task at hand. We need to prepare hard for this team and clean up some of the crap that has been plaguing us. If we do that, we have a good chance to win. I don't think Miami has played nearly to their potential so far this year either. It doesn't mean they won't this Saturday, however. You never know when the light will come on for a team being led by a frosh QB. Bottom line: I will be very happy to survive and advance, no matter how it happens.

Iiuc, the discussion is not about what the team is worrying about but about what their performance will mean.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Why? Duke looked horrible and Miami looked decent. Did you watch the game?
I think he's just stating his feeling. Logically you're right. Miami has more playmakers on both sides of the ball. I think 33 just feel the team will be up to the task against Miami. Team pyche and focus has a lot of weight in college football. I'd agree that a letdown type game against Duke after a big win againt Miami is a real possibility. But let's get the Canes first!

We can win, but it will be tough and take a team.

Duke can be had with a B- game. Miami needs an A.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have learned that I have NO IDEA what to expect. This team, and most college teams, are driven by intangibles, and results are NOT linear. Talent is so very close in many ways between many teams that it often comes down to small details of execution and desire.

Makes it fun to watch. Makes it nerve-wracking as well!

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
We are playing on a national stage. I would love for us to look good instead of laying and egg for once. It has been too long.
agree. Tired of winning while no one is watching. Hope our guys come out swinging on national TV and embarrass Duh U. BDS is going to be electric! If those players aren't fired up in the locker room, they will be when they take the field for sure.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
agree. Tired of winning while no one is watching. Hope our guys come out swinging on national TV and embarrass Duh U. BDS is going to be electric! If those players aren't fired up in the locker room, they will be when they take the field for sure.

I hope that they're not too amped up like last year v vpi.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why? Duke looked horrible and Miami looked decent. Did you watch the game?

Do you think this has anything to do with how duke looked vs Miami? NOPE.

This has all to do with how teams perform.

My premise is GT beats Miami big. Now Top 25 and the driver seat in the coastal. They are on cloud 9. Duke is coming in off a Miami loss and with a Bi-Week to prepare for GT.

GT is a very young team. Dealing with the hype.

See what happened to VT after they beat OSU on cloud 9?
See what happened to UGA after beating Clemson on cloud 9?
See what happened to BC after beating USCw and on cloud 9?
Speaking of see what happened to USCw after beating Stanford and on cloud 9? Umm did you watch THAT game? USCw was world beaters. And BC blew them up.

What is the common thread. All the teams that won big games the weak before lost to inferior teams the very next week. Its called a letdown. Its called youth. Its called it is what it is

THAT MY FRIEND, is why I am concerned about the duke game. If you don't see that...then ok. I see it.

Now none of this is true if we lose to Miami. But my premise is we don't.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
The U fans and players think they have it in the bag already by looking at their twitters. This is the game that we put it all together(like 2008) and shock them and are in the Top 25 next week. JT will lead the way and will start the campaign #JustinThomas4Heisman! I am pumped for this game already and it's only monday and I'm sitting in an economics class!! Let's go Tech!!