Statement Game vs Da U

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Why are we discussing Duke?? I hope the team is more focused. One game at a time. This week Miami next week the world!

For some reason I had more confidence we would beat VT in their house than us beating Miami at home. I think because I knew VT QB not a big running threat. I don't think the Miami QB is a big running threat either but DJ is. He does seems slowed from last years injury.

We need some blitz packages to keep pressure on the Miami QB. That is key plus JT5 being on target with his passing and time to throw. If we complete more that 50 % of our passes I think we roll up points on any one.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Victory
Coach - major step toward vindication of his offense and a contract extension ( 2-0 vs big 4)
JT - rookie leading team to victories gains national recognition
Coaches and team - recognized for fighting thru tough off season.
Roof - shows some black watch!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
We didn't lay an egg vs. VT......no reason to think we will do so vs. UoM.

I know, but I still have memories of 2009 when the offense played Miami like it was stuck in quicksand. Or two years ago when we were up by a few scores and then lost in OT. A win, any win, will sweep those away for me.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Victory
Coach - major step toward vindication of his offense and a contract extension ( 2-0 vs big 4)
JT - rookie leading team to victories gains national recognition
Coaches and team - recognized for fighting thru tough off season.
Roof - shows some black watch!
I am clearly not a CPJ hater but I don't want any contract extensions given out during the season. Other points would be nice to see develop.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A contract extension will help recruiting for 2016. I don't care if its given during or after the season. But no extension will kill our recruiting next year.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I am clearly not a CPJ hater but I don't want any contract extensions given out during the season. Other points would be nice to see develop.
Just to add my .02 on this topic in particular. I was wondering the other day if either party would want to do an extension mid-season. CPJ could potentially lose out in that the season may go even BETTER, and GTAA may lose out in that a win over Miami is the peak of this season (should it come) and overpay even if they wold've extended after the season anyway.

Given the unpredictability of the Coastal and the youth of the team I wouldn't be surprised if both parties are in "wait and see" mode.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just a step towards contract extension - 2015 season ticket sales would be up but not a clear trend. Several more victories and clemson and ga game well played get short extension - 9-3 beat uga or Clem = longer extension.