Statement Game vs Da U

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The U fans and players think they have it in the bag already by looking at their twitters. This is the game that we put it all together(like 2008) and shock them and are in the Top 25 next week. JT will lead the way and will start the campaign #JustinThomas4Heisman! I am pumped for this game already and it's only monday and I'm sitting in an economics class!! Let's go Tech!!

care to post any player twitter comments @Eric can send to the team

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Do you think this has anything to do with how duke looked vs Miami? NOPE.

This has all to do with how teams perform.

My premise is GT beats Miami big. Now Top 25 and the driver seat in the coastal. They are on cloud 9. Duke is coming in off a Miami loss and with a Bi-Week to prepare for GT.

GT is a very young team. Dealing with the hype.

See what happened to VT after they beat OSU on cloud 9?
See what happened to UGA after beating Clemson on cloud 9?
See what happened to BC after beating USCw and on cloud 9?
Speaking of see what happened to USCw after beating Stanford and on cloud 9? Umm did you watch THAT game? USCw was world beaters. And BC blew them up.

What is the common thread. All the teams that won big games the weak before lost to inferior teams the very next week. Its called a letdown. Its called youth. Its called it is what it is

THAT MY FRIEND, is why I am concerned about the duke game. If you don't see that...then ok. I see it.

Now none of this is true if we lose to Miami. But my premise is we don't.
I think I can sum up your thoughts by saying sometimes it is harder to deal with success than adversity. That said, I doubt we blow out Miami, assuming we win. I think we make enough mistakes to keep our heads on our shoulders and our noses to the grind stone.

Animal02

Banned
I think I can sum up your thoughts by saying sometimes it is harder to deal with success than adversity. That said, I doubt we blow out Miami, assuming we win. I think we make enough mistakes to keep our heads on our shoulders and our noses to the grind stone.

I doubt we will have any blowouts the rest of the year.......might have a few shootouts though.

we will blow someone out. Mark it down. This was the exact same sentiment last year before 56-0.

this team will blow someone out. I am not sure its predictable. But they will

Miami DC Mark D'Onofrio has been on the hot seat for years, but is still hanging around. I hope we can achieve some things through scheme and JT's speed to offset Miami's athletic ability. In our last win in 2008, we threw early and often to Demaryious split wide to the sidelines. Miami was not prepared for it , and when they adjusted, we went back inside successfully. We probably need some form of trickeration to gain an advantage.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami DC Mark D'Onofrio has been on the hot seat for years, but is still hanging around. I hope we can achieve some things through scheme and JT's speed to offset Miami's athletic ability. In our last win in 2008, we threw early and often to Demaryious split wide to the sidelines. Miami was not prepared for it , and when they adjusted, we went back inside successfully. We probably need some form of trickeration to gain an advantage.

well what we did in 2008 was no trickeration. We just executed our O perfectly....Unless you consider our option trickeration of course.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
we will blow someone out. Mark it down. This was the exact same sentiment last year before 56-0.

I'm like you 33. It just feels like a complete offensive game is coming soon. I think in the next three games. 600 yds total offense, 250 yes passing, 7+ TD's. Poor UNC has been the recipient of that in the past and would be the most likely candidate given how their defense has played. Let's hope the October Surprise is that it comes this weekend.

Animal02

Banned

I just don't see the D having a Syracuse type game this year. I think there will be some high scoring games......like FSU/NCST type scores.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Miami's D played well against Duke.
Offensively they will get points because our D line isn't good. We probably won't be able to stop them.
Turnovers will be key.
Gonna be a shoot out.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I believe it is a Statement Game, both for the team and the program, partly because of the national exposure.
I hope the players feel some sense of urgency, but I also hope they look at it as game #5 and don't get over-hyped.
For some reason when I think of over-hyped I think of Reggie Ball ...

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

My premise is GT beats Miami big. Now Top 25 and the driver seat in the coastal. They are on cloud 9. Duke is coming in off a Miami loss and with a Bi-Week to prepare for GT.

Speaking of see what happened to USCw after beating Stanford and on cloud 9? Umm did you watch THAT game? USCw was world beaters. And BC blew them up.

What is the common thread. All the teams that won big games the weak before lost to inferior teams the very next week. Its called a letdown. Its called youth. Its called it is what it is

THAT MY FRIEND, is why I am concerned about the duke game. If you don't see that...then ok. I see it.

not only a letdown but dook has an OFF wk to prepare
I think we have a decent chance to beat uM but lose to dook

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck

Thank you for explaining. That makes more sense.

I still think Miami is going to be a close one, so I'm more worried about it. In comparison, Duke can't seem to snap ball correctly.