State of program

GTFLETCH

Banned
State of the Program:

This season we have struggled on the road!!!!!!!! This loss hurts, becuase Army beat em... But Duke wanted it more...

0-5 on the road

5-0 at Bobby Dodd.... Good thing UGA comes to Bobby Dodd!!

Also we are young.... Players returning on O
QB TQM
BB Kbenson
AB C.Lynch
AB Q Searcy
WR B. Stewart
T- J.lee
T- Marshall
G-Bryan
G Bruan
C- Cooper

Not returning
G- S. Devine
WR- R. Juene
AB-JJ Green

Players Returning on D
DT-Branch
DT- Glanton
DE- Saint-Amour
LB-Mitchell
LB-Alexander
LB- Swilling
FS- Gray

Not Returning
DB-Austin
NB-Austin
SS- Griffin
DB-Durham
DE-Freeman
DE-Simmons

Eli

Helluva Engineer
State of the Program:

This season we have struggled on the road!!!!!!!! This loss hurts, becuase Army beat em... But Duke wanted it more...

0-5 on the road

5-0 at Bobby Dodd.... Good thing UGA comes to Bobby Dodd!!

Also we are young.... Players returning on O
QB TQM
BB Kbenson
AB C.Lynch
AB Q Searcy
WR B. Stewart
T- J.lee
T- Marshall
G-Bryan
G Bruan
C- Cooper

Not returning
G- S. Devine
WR- R. Juene
AB-JJ Green

Players Returning on D
DT-Branch
DT- Glanton
DE- Saint-Amour
LB-Mitchell
LB-Alexander
LB- Swilling
FS- Gray

Not Returning
DB-Austin
NB-Austin
SS- Griffin
DB-Durham
DE-Freeman
DE-Simmons

People also forget Benson would have been 3rd string this year lol. Tech can' replace two contributors on the o line and two running backs like the factories can

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
All I can say at this point is that when CPJ has the triple option working it's beautiful, however when it doesn't it's just unwatchable. Couple that with a D and ST that is flat and it's trouble. We have had so many games this year where neither the D and the O are hot together the whole game. Just something about the coaching this year.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know why this board loves CPJ so much.
I understand his system and limitations for players but good grief.
If you can’t make adjustments in the second half game after game.

Somethings gotta give.

The board was full of anti-CPJers. Just go back to '11, '12, '13 years. Then came '14 season and many finally "bought in" and by that time, enough debates had been had about the Hill, our academic level and the constraint it brings, money, perpetual state of lackluster fan support, etc... so many logically and rationally concluded that he is the best coach for this program. Remember, we're Tech folks and that means we're a thinking group. Many of us still believe in the conclusion we reached about CPJ. CTR on the other hand...

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We should go after saban. His salary alone is half of what we spent on football last year. Think we have a shot?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll answer the question posed in the title:

Offense is an upward trajectory. We need to figure out the QB situation and I would like to see some coaching changes on the OLine. We return everyone except Ricky, JJ, and Shamire. We'll hopefully have Andrew Marshall back healthy and the freshmen coming off their redshirts to help the depth. Jerry is going to be a star one day so I think BBack will be better as well. A-Backs might be worse without JJ, but it seems like Clinton Lynch just isn't 100% this year. If he's healthy I think we can be even better there. Jalen and Brad can hold down the fort, but we have some really excited freshmen that we can hopefully get involved.

Hopefully we don't have the unexpected attrition like we did with Eason, Trey Klock, Marcus Marshall, and Dedrick leaving last year.

Special teams: I honestly don't know. Can't be worse?

Defense: this is going to take a hit. We will be replacing lots of Seniors. We have some guys for the secondary but we don't seem to have any depth at DE. This was the year to see what a deep, experienced defense was like under the current staff. This is the peak, and it's going to be down hill going into next year.

So next year, assuming coaching is the same, I would expect our defense to be closer to 2016 levels with the amount of new faces we'll see. I see our offense opening up more, depending on QB, and being maybe closer to 2016 levels. If we have some coaching changes then I really like our talent level on O and on D so I think we could be in store for a special year with a favorable schedule.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
If I was the coach at Tech it would be hard for me to stay. Think about it. You have a bunch of fans who whine and cry but then leave the stadium half empty. Your administration shows little effort in giving you the resources you need to succeed and yet still want 10 win seasons.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
Fire him....then what? Who should GT hire? How do we get to the top of the ACC? Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion; however, instead of only reading your bitching and complaining, I would like to hear your ideas. And please don't say, "that's not for me to worry about, or it's not my job to make those decisions". Unless you have ideas how to improve something nobody wants to hear you complain after EVERY loss.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
We should go after saban. His salary alone is half of what we spent on football last year. Think we have a shot?

Sarcasm I understand. But yours is so extreme as to embarrass you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
So my final statement as to cheer me up me and my kids are decorating for Christmas and yes I put up a Georgia Tech Christmas tree. I have been a Tech fan all my life. Today hurts, sort of like when we went to Duke and coach CTR kicked our ***, for those of you that remember. We got Outplayed today on the road, which happens in the ACC. Just ask Clemson. CPJ is the coach for Tech. He has been the most successful in my 48 years of watching. We can all complain about recruiting etc, but we don't have PE, African Studies, or Coaching as a major. I will be flying this Wednesday to Atlanta for Thanksgiving and I will be cheering on my Jackets. And yes I still think we can beat Georgia. Want to chat, come by our tailgate in the Student Center and ask for where our tailgate master Pete is. Let's see what happens this year and next. We have a lot of talent coming back and coming in. And to finish as I head back down to complete my Tech Christmas tree, as some of you may know or not, I am the most devout fan as people question, since I am a 1984 UGA Grad.
Best post I’ve read. Period.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think Johnson has enough good will - from me, at least - that he’ll be fine. I don’t think Roof has that benefit, though, and I have probably had just about enough of Mike Sewak and Ron West. We have two offensive line coaches and the kids don’t know what to do. That’s a problem.

As much as I tend believe that stability is important for us to build relationships with the high schools, Johnson needs to make changes to his staff. The defense has been poor for a long time now, and the offense is regressing, all while the talent has been improving. I’m generally forgiving of a lot, and I can handle losing to Clemson or uga or FSU or whatever but I do expect competence. We haven’t seen that, and getting rolled by Duke is not acceptable. Johnson needs to make some changes, and supporters of the program do, too. That includes opening up your wallet, showing up at games, or relinquishing the right to complain. If the investment level is insufficient, it’s no wonder the results are, too.