State of program

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It's on CPJ as Head coach to fix this to the extent of what the program and school will allow

Eli

Helluva Engineer
He may not but I do? What's your point?
Is this a site for Heisman giving level posters.
MWBATL , made some points about how poorly we played while trying too be bowl eligible . That seems odd.

If you'e not contributing to the program you really shouldn't be calling for anyone to be fired. It's like not voting then bitching about the President

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Where are these types of threads when we win? Topics like these are about as inconsistent as our team right now.

Oh that will do it fire CPJ. And Hire who, and while your at it get in line behind Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas AM, UCLA etc. We are 3 plays away from 8-2 and maybe if we had another game 9-2. This was a bad day at Duke, which for whatever reason gets up to play us. Hell even in 1990 we had to pull away in the 4th quarter. Let's get a Division 2 pass happy coach.... and watch us lose 9 and 10 games a year. I've seen it

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Oh that will do it fire CPJ. And Hire who, and while your at it get in line behind Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas AM, UCLA etc. We are 3 plays away from 8-2 and maybe if we had another game 9-2. This was a bad day at Duke, which for whatever reason gets up to play us. Hell even in 1990 we had to pull away in the 4th quarter. Let's get a Division 2 pass happy coach.... and watch us lose 9 and 10 games a year. I've seen it

And this is the problem though. Can't get a better coach but yet we can't get past mediocre with our current. We are stuck. So what's the answer ? Do we just accept that this is as.good as we can be knowing the circumstances of tech?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If you'e not contributing to the program you really shouldn't be calling for anyone to be fired. It's like not voting then bitching about the President
(1) As I said earlier, I am a season ticket holder, and have been for over 25 years now.
(2) I am frustrated enough to think someone should be fired. I have NOT called for CPJ to be fired. I don’t think I am close enough to the program to know who should go....DC, HC, AD, Pres of the Institute.....I don’t know
(3) I think it is more than reasonable to think this level of performance we saw today is unacceptable and especially so given where I think our FOOTBALL spending is relative to the other midrange ACC programs like Duke and Virginia.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
This isn't a dig a TaQuan, but he just can't pass. He's a heck of a runner though. We really should open up the QB competition this spring. When he's on, he's on, but when he isn't he is just not very good. He reminds me of Rex Grossman in the NFL. It's tough to coach with that kind of inconsistency. And this isn't like his receivers aren't helping him out (which they really didn't do vs VT on a number of passes). He'll throw passes nowhere in the neighborhood of a GT jersey sometimes.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
This isn't a dig a TaQuan, but he just can't pass. He's a heck of a runner though. We really should open up the QB competition this spring. When he's on, he's on, but when he isn't he is just not very good. He reminds me of Rex Grossman in the NFL. It's tough to coach with that kind of inconsistency. And this isn't like his receivers aren't helping him out (which they really didn't do vs VT on a number of passes). He'll throw passes nowhere in the neighborhood of a GT jersey sometimes.
When was the last time he was on? The only decent passing game was against Tennessee.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You're saying Paul tried to fire Roof and hire someone else and was told no. You're funny. Keep trying.
Um...... didn't even come close to saying that..... what were you reading? I said CPJ tried to hire a DC but did not have the money to do so. This was before Roof. Where did you get the fire roof to hire another DC from?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Teddy wasn't his first choice for a DC either. We couldn't afford Charles Kelly and Manny Diaz. Actually we could, we just put our money in Tennis, Basketball, and Golf

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day, whether it is special teams, defense or offense, the head coach needs to readjust and be questioned. You can't win if all 3 aren't clicking. IMO the offense and special teams has stunk this year, but it's up to Paul to make changes. For example, why pass 40 yards down the field every time you pass when your QB does not have the arm for it...either change the QB or the passing plays, but the CPJ needs to make these adjustments and he doesn't.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
(1) As I said earlier, I am a season ticket holder, and have been for over 25 years now.
(2) I am frustrated enough to think someone should be fired. I have NOT called for CPJ to be fired. I don’t think I am close enough to the program to know who should go....DC, HC, AD, Pres of the Institute.....I don’t know
(3) I think it is more than reasonable to think this level of performance we saw today is unacceptable and especially so given where I think our FOOTBALL spending is relative to the other midrange ACC programs like Duke and Virginia.
Thanks for posting info and being long time ticket holder.
Games like this are a rare thing with gt.
Sometimes you shot the bear sometimes the bear eats u.
After beating v t , this loss hurts.

Hope we don't have attrition of key backups or recruiting class. That would be bad. On our budget having players walk off is a killer.

CPJ is to blame for sure, but not for everything. You can only do so much with the resources you have, would you disagree with that?
I totally agree with that. That logic should apply to the entire staff tho not just the DC. The issue is when the OL breaks down we blame Sewek. When the d falls on its face we blame Roof. When we up long kick off returns we blame that coach. We never hold Paul accountable. Why? At the end of day he is responsible for the performance of the team. Is that not correct?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Everybody wants to dump on Roof and the D. They are not the big problem. Our offense this year is BAD. Go look how many second half points we have scored, especially in our losses. Look at the absolutely horrible field position they keep dumping on our D. Roof and the D aren't amazing but they are much improved. This year it's the O and Special Teams that are failing the team.
ST has been a big part in hurting the D and O. The offense has definitely caused us losses and has the D but mainly ST imo. Today was on the D. GT had to change its game plan on offense in the second half because the D couldn't stop Duke.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We've had decent special teams the past few seasons. We suck this year, but cpj coached some of the best special team players that have come through Tech. Jamal Golden, Ryan Rodwell, and Harrison Butker who was maybe out best kicker ever. Our current punter looks like he may be another star. He's also coached some really good offenses, some of the best we've even seen on the flats. We are having a down year on both units, but both units lost a lot of talent to graduation and some other stuff. New QB, new BBack, lost some senior depth at OLine. Defense was suppose to be our strength with a two deep full of Seniors and Juniors who have had tons of playing time, and a top notch defensive recruiting class coming in. Sometimes you need your defense to carry you and it really doesn't feel like they have pulled their weight at all this year. That first half the offense put up 20 and had a 2:1 TOP advantage, but the defense was letting Duke score in about 2 minutes so it didn't really matter.