Stansbury

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Our offense was more than "warm" in the Tennessee game.

28 points in regulation in modern college football is warm. Given the number of points scored in view of the yards gained during regulation indicates a high level of offensive inefficiency in that game, which is worse than warm

This board never ceases to amaze me in the way it criticizes Roof, criticizes Stansbury, and criticizes anyone except the man in charge of the football program--who gets paid far more money than any of the rest of them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Did you google it? There are a total of 9 football players with engineering majors. 5 of those 9 are Management, Science, and Engineering. I believe that degree isn't a weak degree, but it is more like a business degree than an engineering degree so I wouldn't count it as engineering. There are 16 with Science, Tech, and Society which is considered as a weak degree for Stanford. There are 51 with undeclared majors. BTW to answer your question, there are 4 current players who major in communication.

I do not mean to degrade Stanford as an academic institute. They rank higher than GT in Engineering and in Business. However, they do have places to hide athletes.

Surely you agree Gt (institute of technology) has always had lessor and even non tschnical classes where a "portion" of the football team majored.

Would u be able to quantify the superiority of ours over theirs.

I know the business a classes at gt have really improved.
I could not get your numbers
BUT
We Sound more like the Catholics who were arguing with Lutherans about who s a heretic, while the Turks (mohamadens) were besieging Austria.

jacob

Banned
28 points in regulation in modern college football is warm. Given the number of points scored in view of the yards gained during regulation indicates a high level of offensive inefficiency in that game, which is worse than warm

This board never ceases to amaze me in the way it criticizes Roof, criticizes Stansbury, and criticizes anyone except the man in charge of the football program--who gets paid far more money than any of the rest of them.
I don't think anybody is criticizing Stansbury. Most of us aren't happy with Ted roof and how the Defense ends games. Not sure where you see criticism of Stansbury

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Surely you agree Gt (institute of technology) has always had lessor and even non tschnical classes where a "portion" of the football team majored.

Would u be able to quantify the superiority of ours over theirs.

I know the business a classes at gt have really improved.
I could not get your numbers
BUT
We Sound more like the Catholics who were arguing with Lutherans about who s a heretic, while the Turks (mohamadens) were besieging Austria.

GT has a lot of football players in the Business School. However, the Business School is rated in the top 20 in the country. Stanford's I believe is in the top 5. I am not saying that all of our players are getting engineering degrees. However, all of our degrees require calculus. From what I have read the Stanford Science, Tech, and Society degree does not even have a math requirement. The first point that I made in this thread(I believe) was that Stanford does have majors in which they can put players who can't cut normal college coursework. GT does not have ANY majors that can be skated through.

I am not trying to degrade Stanford. Stanford has a better reputation as an engineering school, as a computer school, and as a business school than GT. They also have degrees that can hide players.

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
If Miami has to convert a 4th and long by catching a ball that ricochet off a defenders helmet to beat an irrelevant team, they aren't going undefeated in conference.

We need them to lose twice at least. They've got VT and Cuse at home and UNC and UVa on the road. So it is possible, especially if they keep starting games slowly. They will also have to make a 10 week run without a bye.

If we finish 6-2, we have a good shot at the division. Iirc, the coastal division winner has gone better than 6-2 twice.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Stanford entrance estimates:

http://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/Stanford-admission-requirements

GT entrance estimates:

http://www.prepscholar.com/sat/s/colleges/Georgia-Tech-admission-requirements

Regardless, I just think that Stanford proves that having to choose between academics and athletics is a false choice. Ultimately, I think if we had a lot of fans that were interested in excellence in athletics and were willing to back that up with their donations then bigger things would start happening for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not the "Stanford" argument again?

Read this
http://www.stanforddaily.com/2011/03/09/1046687/
then tell me about how Stanford doesn't sacrifice the academics for athletics.

28 points scored in how many possessions? 6, IIRC. I would say that is pretty damn efficient.

Deleted member 2897

If Miami has to convert a 4th and long by catching a ball that ricochet off a defenders helmet to beat an irrelevant team, they aren't going undefeated in conference.

We need them to lose twice at least. They've got VT and Cuse at home and UNC and UVa on the road. So it is possible, especially if they keep starting games slowly. They will also have to make a 10 week run without a bye.

If we finish 6-2, we have a good shot at the division. Iirc, the coastal division winner has gone better than 6-2 twice.

This, exactly. Miami barely beat a FSU team that may very well end up 6-6. They barely beat an unranked Georgia Tech team at home. This is not how the #7 team in the country is supposed to play. I know it sounds stupid, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle in 2/3rds of their remaining games. Manny Diaz is very good at stifling our offense (as is Richt). But they don't get that benefit with the rest of the teams they play. And the rest of the teams they play match up better on the other side of the ball against Miami as well.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

And they beat fsu in similar miraculous fashion, that kind of luck can't last forever

Deleted member 2897

the coastal division winner has gone better than 6-2 twice.

Its been 7-1 or 8-0 for 7 of the last 12 years. So the odds are actually in Miami's favor right now, especially given that they've played most of the difficult teams (Florida State, Georgia Tech). Their schedule isn't easy the rest of the way out - Virginia could trip them up and certainly Virginia Tech could too. But I'd say the odds are definitely in their favor. While not ideal, that's still okay. If we go 7-1 or 6-2, we can finish 2nd in the coastal and 4th overall in the ACC which will still be a good bowl game. There's a lot left to play for, and the Coastal is still wide open for us until Roseanne Arnold sings.

northgajacket

Banned
A winning program puts butts in seats. A mediocre program does not. See, the Braves vs. the Falcons. In the 90s the Braves were sold out all the time and no one went to a Falcons game. Now, the role is reversed. Face it. People want to see winners. Do you think Bama loses 5 games a year and has that large of a fan base? 50% of people are fair weather fans.

The first Falcons game I went to was in 1995 and I would say the Dome was only 25% full. You are right most fans are fair weather. The Patriots were close to moving in the 1990's bc nobody was going to the games.

Jmonty71

Banned
The first Falcons game I went to was in 1995 and I would say the Dome was only 25% full. You are right most fans are fair weather. The Patriots were close to moving in the 1990's bc nobody was going to the games.
Perfect example. UGA football. In the early 90s.. You hardly ever heard anything from a Dwag fan. I remember a lot of friends that used to be Dwag fans, that are now Bama fans.. Why?? Because Bama wins. I bet if Vandy would start winning.. You'd see Vandy folks sprouting up.

northgajacket

Banned
Perfect example. UGA football. In the early 90s.. You hardly ever heard anything from a Dwag fan. I remember a lot of friends that used to be Dwag fans, that are now Bama fans.. Why?? Because Bama wins. I bet if Vandy would start winning.. You'd see Vandy folks sprouting up.

All my classmates in the 1900's and early 2000's were Tech fans.