Stansbury

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
I say we wait till after uga to reach conclusions. until then try to be specific on complaints and praise. .
So far we are playing kind of hot and cold.
Despite that we have been kick in a x x with poor teams and just hung tough w a good team.
"Kind of hot and cold". I was a MGT major, but couldn't your indepth, scientific analysis be reduced to, idk "warm?"

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That's the problem. Most Tech fans don't give a cent, and Tech sadly and inexplicably does very little to encourage or motivate them to give. I don't give nearly as much as I would like to, but I do give what I can afford.

Totally understand.

So solution is to force things to happen. A % of any donation goes to GTAA. Let nerds fight it in court. Force administration to cooperate with GTAA.

Declare war.

And please believe me, I understand individual economic restrictions. But there is no way everyone here, in the stands, can not save $5 per month, save it up, and add to their donation once per year.

$5 per month = $60 more per year x 5,000 folks = $300,000. If 10,000 people = $600,000. If $10 per month = $600,000 to $1,200,000.. I mean c’mon.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure what the purpose and of this thread is, but anybody who has a strong opinion of TStan is wrong in my eyes. He hasn't been around long enough to determine if he's good, bad, or in between. So far all he's done for FB (I think) is filling out our schedule which he's been pretty poor at in my eyes. But a job is not determined by one or two decisions. He talks great game but let's see what he does and give him time to grow before anyone calls for his head or calls for his sainthood.

jacob

Banned
I'm not sure what the purpose and of this thread is, but anybody who has a strong opinion of TStan is wrong in my eyes. He hasn't been around long enough to determine if he's good, bad, or in between. So far all he's done for FB (I think) is filling out our schedule which he's been pretty poor at in my eyes. But a job is not determined by one or two decisions. He talks great game but let's see what he does and give him time to grow before anyone calls for his head or calls for his sainthood.
The purpose for this thread is we need to pony up big money for a Defensive coordinator

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
So in sumation for mgt guys and gals at Tennesse game and at Miami in second half = our offense can be combined and described as warm.

Today we just laid an egg in this game and we came within inches of winning
At Tennesse we kicked them all over the field and came within inches of winning .

Can't wait for WF

Totally understand.

So solution is to force things to happen. A % of any donation goes to GTAA. Let nerds fight it in court. Force administration to cooperate with GTAA.

Declare war.

And please believe me, I understand individual economic restrictions. But there is no way everyone here, in the stands, can not save $5 per month, save it up, and add to their donation once per year.

$5 per month = $60 more per year x 5,000 folks = $300,000. If 10,000 people = $600,000. If $10 per month = $600,000 to $1,200,000.. I mean c’mon.
No. Doesn't have to be done that way, although I wouldn't object. The Athletics Department need to mount a fan-based fun-raising campaign. I mean nothing like that has ever been done at Tech before, so why not give it a try? And don't just make it a one-time thing. Model it after IPTAY at Clemson. I know we already have the Alexander-Tharpe Fund, but there is little to no effort made by Tech to solicit contributions either on a one-time or continuing basis from ALL fans.

So in sumation for mgt guys and gals at Tennesse game and at Miami in second half = our offense can be combined and described as warm.

Today we just laid an egg in this game and we came within inches of winning
At Tennesse we kicked them all over the field and came within inches of winning .

Can't wait for WF
Our offense was more than "warm" in the Tennessee game.

Listen to his podcasts, and you will see a man who is chomping at the bits to make the entire athletics program at Tech a success. If all you think he has been doing is making schedules, then you are sorely uninformed.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately I feel by time TS gets things moving PJ will be done coaching. Hopefully there a plan in place and he can convince Paul to stick it out another 5-7 years.

Ok I know. Im just saying that the Defense Coordinator hire is the most urgent right now. We need to be willing to spend 1 mil to 1.5
I'm no Roof fan, but I think this has become a damned if you do / damned if you don't situation. Firing Roof could cause many more problems for Tech athletics than not firing him. That's why I wish TStan could find a way to "promote" him into a position in the Athletic Administration in such a way that he would feel he was being rewarded and so that he could continue to contribute to the overall success of the program. Lots of his players apparently really love him, and just dumping him, whether we think he deserves it or not, could make it very, very hard for any replacement to be successful for a long time.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Listen to his podcasts, and you will see a man who is chomping at the bits to make the entire athletics program at Tech a success. If all you think he has been doing is making schedules, then you are sorely uninformed.

Everyone comes into a job talking about what they want to do. He hasn't delivered anything yet. Wait and see and try not to get caught up in the salesman hype. He could be great or terrible or somewhere in between is all I'm saying. Give him the benefit of the doubt if you want, that's fine, but you can't credit the guy for stuff he hasn't delivered to us yet.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Everyone comes into a job talking about what they want to do. He hasn't delivered anything yet. Wait and see and try not to get caught up in the salesman hype. He could be great or terrible or somewhere in between is all I'm saying. Give him the benefit of the doubt if you want, that's fine, but you can't credit the guy for stuff he hasn't delivered to us yet.

He just raised money for new lockers...something pj has been trying to get done for years. You miss that ?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Show me some pictures of that locker room and you might have a point.

“They’re still on the drawing board, and we’ve got a couple players on the committee, so they’re working on the plans,” Johnson said. “And then of course it has to get approved by campus and all that, but it should be done here in the next little bit.”

It will probably happen and be great, but my point stands. We still have no delivery. Just wait and see before deciding about TStan, both good or bad. He sounds like he will be great, but who knows.

“They’re still on the drawing board, and we’ve got a couple players on the committee, so they’re working on the plans,” Johnson said. “And then of course it has to get approved by campus and all that, but it should be done here in the next little bit.”

It will probably happen and be great, but my point stands. We still have no delivery. Just wait and see before deciding about TStan, both good or bad. He sounds like he will be great, but who knows.
Good grief, man, even drawings of it are more than we have had before. And we just go those this week. If you don't think TStan had anything to do with getting it this far, then who do you think did?

Eli

Helluva Engineer

You forgot the part "Looking at having it completed by spring 2018." Also dumping Russell. Something no AD has ever done

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I literally have no opinion on him man. That's all I'm saying. Talk to me in like a year when stuff gets delivered and I'll tell you how I feel. My point is that this thread talking about how fans don't like him or love him doesn't make sense right now. He's just started his job, he's talked about all the great stuff he wants to do but let the guy do something before people start making threads hating on him.