Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
News takes time to come out, what I said came out this afternoon.
Everyone loved Butch Jones. Once gone, the players all came forward and described him as a real POS.

“When Nikita Khrushchev was forced out as leader of the Soviet Union, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor Leonid Brezhnev. He said, “When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter”. Brezhnev soon found himself in a difficult situation, so he opened the first letter. It said, “Blame everything on me”. So he blamed Khrushchev for everything, and it worked. Eventually, he got himself into a second difficult situation he couldn’t get out of, so he opened the second letter. It said, “Sit down, and write two letters”.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Team will be a lot better with Key at the Helm. Chip long has been held back by Collins and key has had disagreements with Collins doing that. Also, Collins has overrode some of the decisions by the recruiting staff and Kenyatta Watson. Expect recruiting to pick up with the recruiting staff being able to actually do their job and not having the head coach over ride their decisions and make them do what Collins wants and not what the recruiting staff wanted to do.

I hope all of this is true, but it sounds too good to be true. “We got rid of the only problem. Now we’ll be better” vibes.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I have a few questions about the meeting.
I don’t know how the NORMAL GTAA meetings operate, and since this is a special meeting how will it go down? Does TStan run things when these meetings happen or is it run by Cabera?

I’d love to be in the room because I have the feeling there’ll be very passionate opinions, a lot of yelling, and people defending their jobs.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Any chance this wakes up the hill, and provides more financial support to get us to the middle of the pack in the acc? CPJ was always asking for more help and never got extra money for staff. was the hill ok with 6-7 win average season with the occasional 9 or better season and they thought that we were where we needed to be and there is no need to provide extra money?PLEASE DONT MAKE THIS ANOTHER CPJ VS CGC ARGUMENT
The school already provides as much money to athletics as they are allowed to by state regulation. The BoT maybe could to do things to help raise more athletic money, but the students, school, foundation, etc cannot provide more funding.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Team will be a lot better with Key at the Helm. Chip long has been held back by Collins and key has had disagreements with Collins doing that. Also, Collins has overrode some of the decisions by the recruiting staff and Kenyatta Watson. Expect recruiting to pick up with the recruiting staff being able to actually do their job and not having the head coach over ride their decisions and make them do what Collins wants and not what the recruiting staff wanted to do.
There's a KEY to GT football doing better but in my opinion part of it is throwing away the KEY. What part of anything he's done with our OL suggests he's good at coaching anything? Is it the sacks, the lack of run blocking, punt blocking that's got anyone excited about that guy? Or are we enamored with how well he crapped on us when he was at other schools?

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope the rumors about Key either are false or that he’s the choice because he’s the only one who wants the job. I’d much rather have Chaney try to right the ship. He has the best resume for head coach out of all the people on our staff.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
There's a KEY to GT football doing better but in my opinion part of it is throwing away the KEY. What part of anything he's done with our OL suggests he's good at coaching anything? Is it the sacks, the lack of run blocking, punt blocking that's got anyone excited about that guy? Or are we enamored with how well he crapped on us when he was at other schools?
Maybe with Collins gone, Key will get rid of all the ATL nonsense, maintain a normal depth chart, and run practices in a more conventional format—so that the #1s finally get enough reps in practice to look effective in games.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I really hope the rumors about Key either are false or that he’s the choice because he’s the only one who wants the job. I’d much rather have Chaney try to right the ship. He has the best resume for head coach out of all the people on our staff.
My assumption was since Key is AHC the HC gif was his in the event of Collins being gone. It’s at least logical.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If Football likely to split off from non revenue sports - keep tstan w NR sports and fund raising.
Get a football ad that works closely w hc , keeps finger on progress, sells football to state legislators so we can get better curriculum, makes sure we have best technology, etc.. Be ready for new NCAA.

Most of all need to turn alumni into gt football sales men and women.

slugboy

Staff member
I have a few questions about the meeting.
I don’t know how the NORMAL GTAA meetings operate, and since this is a special meeting how will it go down? Does TStan run things when these meetings happen or is it run by Cabera?

I’d love to be in the room because I have the feeling there’ll be very passionate opinions, a lot of yelling, and people defending their jobs.
Cabrera is the chair. The chair runs the meetings. TStan is a non-voting member, which is committee-ese for “presents information to the committee and can watch the proceedings”. The voting members of the committee set the agenda, but it’s generally what the chairperson wants.