Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Brett Daniels, former Deputy Director, could also be an interesting name. Has moved around recently with interesting roles in the region.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Team will be a lot better with Key at the Helm. Chip long has been held back by Collins and key has had disagreements with Collins doing that. Also, Collins has overrode some of the decisions by the recruiting staff and Kenyatta Watson. Expect recruiting to pick up with the recruiting staff being able to actually do their job and not having the head coach over ride their decisions and make them do what Collins wants and not what the recruiting staff wanted to do.
My question is if you were failing at your job why would you be holding anyone back

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Chip long has been held back by Collins and key has had disagreements with Collins doing that. Also, Collins has overrode some of the decisions by the recruiting staff and Kenyatta Watson. Expect recruiting to pick up with the recruiting staff being able to actually do their job and not having the head coach over ride their decisions and make them do what Collins wants and not what the recruiting staff wanted to do.
If true, wth has Collins been doing?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
They have to pay salaries of everyone on the staff so I see no more changes outside of Collins for the rest of the year. The only other possibility could be our defense coordinator. At the end I hope people stop the critique of players and play this out until we have a new regime announced. I do expect massive transfers in and out over the next several months so no clue what 2023 holds.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
They have to pay salaries of everyone on the staff so I see no more changes outside of Collins for the rest of the year. The only other possibility could be our defense coordinator. At the end I hope people stop the critique of players and play this out until we have a new regime announced. I do expect massive transfers in and out over the next several months so no clue what 2023 holds.
I know Chip Long had a two year deal, I am not sure about other coaches.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Go for a long walk in the woods or a park with your girlfriend and a dog. If you don’t have a good dog, adopt one. That’s a better source of mental health.

I thought Key had been a Head Coach, but his top position was as the OC for an 0-12 UCF. (Unless someone is rewriting Wikipedia to cover it up).

Only GT coach pickers would select an 0-12 Coordinator for HC. I wouldn't be surprised, but damn if they do that it would really suck.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Apparently, he is Associate Head Coach. Not sure yet if it's embedded in his contract. If so, and if GTAA were to pass over him, we may another buyout to do along with Collins.

BTW, the meeting tomorrow is the same meeting as originally scheduled for the 13th. The GTAA accelerated it which suggests that TStan is out as well. Time to clean house. Funny thing is, Deep Throat thinks it was the Collins' presser, and Ken's question, that was the last straw.

Malzahn got fired within about ten minutes after uttering, "We won six games this year. That's pretty good."
Who is Deep Throat?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Team will be a lot better with Key at the Helm. Chip long has been held back by Collins and key has had disagreements with Collins doing that. Also, Collins has overrode some of the decisions by the recruiting staff and Kenyatta Watson. Expect recruiting to pick up with the recruiting staff being able to actually do their job and not having the head coach over ride their decisions and make them do what Collins wants and not what the recruiting staff wanted to do.
What decisions did CGC override with Watson? Hopefully he stays around through the transition.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Only GT coach pickers would select an 0-12 Coordinator for HC. I wouldn't be surprised, but damn if they do that it would really suck.

I mean its basically a figurehead position at this point. Fire thacker and promote one of the assistants to DC and bring on Chaney to help coach Oline and maybe ST.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean its basically a figurehead position at this point. Fire thacker and promote one of the assistants to DC and bring on Chaney to help coach Oline and maybe ST.

If the rumors of Collins micromanaging and overruling assistants has some truth to it, maybe … just maybe Thacker is a decent coordinator but was constantly undercut by Collins. Didnt Collins say something like, “I’m known as an elite defensive mind in coaching circles”? So perhaps not surprising he might’ve been the source of all the defensive confusion. I dunno, maybe I’m projecting too much.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I may be in the minority but I think TStan should stay. He made a bad decision with Collins. But otherwise has been good for the school, fundraising, etc.

He made three bad decisions with Collins: hiring him, giving him an insane contract, and then not firing him at the end of last year. He's also given Pastner two extensions after he does what should be considered the bare minimum for GT basketball. As great as AI2020 was, with conference realignment floating around and NIL deal having facilities is pretty low on the list of important things. Whether he should have seen what the landscape of college sports is like now or not is arguable, but it does seem like money not well spent. If we don't get out of the basement and miss the realignment boat the entire athletic department will be extinct. We can't survive on mid-major TV contract money.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Took all of 45 minutes to switch from the Collins is a bad coach but great recruiter narrative to the Collins was holding back our recruiting narrative.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Took all of 45 minutes to switch from the Collins is a bad coach but great recruiter narrative to the Collins was holding back our recruiting narrative.
1664127494029.png

We obviously throw out 2019 because it was the transition, but after 2020, where were the results? We had a great class in 2020, and regressed right back to where we'd been for a decade.