Spring Practice

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Old habits.

Like Key, I'm excited to see what Thacker can do when the defense is totally his. We got a glimpse last season, but now he gets a full spring and fall camp to do it "his way". There are some REALLY good players that were young, and should have more of an impact this season...especially on the DL. Secondary is finally playing to its potential. LBs will be the key.

I expect the defense to be the strength of the team early until Faulkner's offense starts gelling. May take till mid season before our offense is somewhat humming.
Thacker's comments about having Key trust him with running the defense, and implying that he didn't have that from TFG speaks volumes, IMO.

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like Christian Leary the transfer WR from Bama has been a stand out so far. Good to hear, we need some play makers at that position

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
WR’s are the least of our concerns. The only thing that matters is the offensive line. If the OLine is decent, or dare I say it, good, then whoever plays QB, RB, or WR will make some plays. Everything else regarding the team is somewhat meaningless. Without an OLine who can perform we will continue to be a bottom feeder regardless of QB, RB, or WR play. The defense will be fine for a mid level ACC team. And special teams have no where to go but up.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
WR’s are the least of our concerns. The only thing that matters is the offensive line. If the OLine is decent, or dare I say it, good, then whoever plays QB, RB, or WR will make some plays. Everything else regarding the team is somewhat meaningless. Without an OLine who can perform we will continue to be a bottom feeder regardless of QB, RB, or WR play. The defense will be fine for a mid level ACC team. And special teams have no where to go but up.
Agree completely.
And let's add the following:

If we can show quality ol AND improving depth, we will be a much more attractive portal destination FOR SKILL POSITIONS Like TE, WR, QB.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that OL is critical for any offense, and having quick, explosive receivers who can get open quickly reduces what is asked of them in the passing game, as does having a QB who can find open receivers quickly and get them the ball.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer

I was so impressed, I tried to load this twice:ROFLMAO:. Our coach is so smart, detail oriented, sure of what he wants to do with the team, that IMO we are going to surprise a lot of people with our improvement this year. TFG was " an inch deep and a mile wide", "all sizzle and no steak". Key is DEEP with experience, with determination, with character, with vision. I think players and coaches will love to go to "war" with him. Giving co-ordinators and staff trust and support , along with running a focused , teaching practice will be huge difference makers for this team. After giving away 3 of our first 4 games last year, we still only missed going to a bowl by one (winnable -VT) game. I think we can go bowling this year.

Last edited:

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I was so impressed, I tried to load this twice:ROFLMAO:. Our coach is so smart, detail oriented, sure of what he wants to do with the team, that IMO we are going to surprise a lot of people with our improvement this year. TFG was " an inch deep and a mile wide", "all sizzle and no steak". Key is DEEP with experience, with determination, with character, with vision. I think players and coaches will love to go to "war" with him. Giving co-ordinators and staff trust and support , along with running a focused , teaching practice will be huge difference makers for this team. After giving away 3 of our first 4 games last year, we still only missed going to a bowl by one (winnable -VT) game. I think we can go bowling this year.
His level headed analysis impresses me every time. You can tell his vision for what he wants is clear and he knows exactly where the team stands on achieving it.
It’s such a breath of fresh air lmao

FEWrecker

Georgia Tech Fan
Agree completely.
And let's add the following:

If we can show quality ol AND improving depth, we will be a much more attractive portal destination FOR SKILL POSITIONS Like TE, WR, QB.
Agreed 66.67%.
With the development of three QBs and commitment of 4 stars Jakhari Williams for coming class. Tech is set for QB in near future. Bet Tech can save that QB spot for stud RB, TE, and WR in portal.
Go Jackets! THWG.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
UVA