Spring Practice

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agreed 66.67%.
With the development of three QBs and commitment of 4 stars Jakhari Williams for coming class. Tech is set for QB in near future. Bet Tech can save that QB spot for stud RB, TE, and WR in portal.
Go Jackets! THWG.
Need to be real about the current talent level.

Our best wr quit to go to UNC to play wr for their stud qb.

Maybe Pyron will ball out and make our wr s look great. Maybe we can devlope Williams.
Watched baylor before they first went to air raid. Zero big 12 wins in 4-5 years. That first year they had ok qb. Next year they had stud qb - RGIII and it was like lightning. Gt s future is having reptation for good ol and ready to get stud qb via portal if current qb is not clearly on path to being very good.

No i dont mean blow up the team just for fun.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Need to be real about the current talent level.

Our best wr quit to go to UNC to play wr for their stud qb.

Maybe Pyron will ball out and make our wr s look great. Maybe we can devlope Williams.
Watched baylor before they first went to air raid. Zero big 12 wins in 4-5 years. That first year they had ok qb. Next year they had stud qb - RGIII and it was like lightning. Gt s future is having reptation for good ol and ready to get stud qb via portal if current qb is not clearly on path to being very good.

No i dont mean blow up the team just for fun.
I agree.A really good QB can make WRs look decent.I have liitle hopes for our OL making a big leap probably but again a really good QB can deal with an average OL.Its not easy at all --but Pyron showed enough last yr to think he can be THE man. (if he doesn't run too much and get killed))

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have no doubt that WR left for UNC because he saw how the passing stalls when the OLine stinks. The engine is the OLine. It’s amazing how teams with good OLines always seem to have good QB’s, RB’s, and WR’s.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have no doubt that WR left for UNC because he saw how the passing stalls when the OLine stinks. The engine is the OLine. It’s amazing how teams with good OLines always seem to have good QB’s, RB’s, and WR’s.
Yes, he left because he thought there is a chance we could still stink at ol.

He went there because their qb is a top 3 qbs in the nation.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, he left because he thought there is a chance we could still stink at ol.

He went there because their qb is a top 3 qbs in the nation.
I hope sooner versus later we quit becoming a AAA team feeding the Major Leagues. We are recruiting by and large 3 star athletes. We invest time and effort and the ones who rise up and begin to shine are looking to transfer to big name programs and NIL money. This doesn't always happen but it is happening all too frequently. It will never stop completely but success in terms of winning and just as importantly getting kids more consistently drafted will slow the outbound transfers.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope sooner versus later we quit becoming a AAA team feeding the Major Leagues. We are recruiting by and large 3 star athletes. We invest time and effort and the ones who rise up and begin to shine are looking to transfer to big name programs and NIL money. This doesn't always happen but it is happening all too frequently. It will never stop completely but success in terms of winning and just as importantly getting kids more consistently drafted will slow the outbound transfers.
Wins and I think this dies down for a couple reasons

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Apparently wins cure ALL things, including shady bagmen, falsifying academic records, poor institutional control, and having student athletes killed by staff who are speeding while intoxicated.

Didn’t mean to turn cynical, but, yeah, winning makes up for a multitude of sins.
You forgot attendance.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Gt had a big rain at spring practice scrimmage. We had a number of top recruits - 5 star DT Stone.
Did the head gt coach have practice in the indoor facility so he could talk to the recruits (TFP) or did he go coach in the rain. Yea, he coached then recruited. Report on Rivals is that recruits were very impressed and have been recruited by muliple coaches.
Steady, steady, dont get too optimistic.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Gt had a big rain at spring practice scrimmage. We had a number of top recruits - 5 star DT Stone.
Did the head gt coach have practice in the indoor facility so he could talk to the recruits (TFP) or did he go coach in the rain. Yea, he coached then recruited. Report on Rivals is that recruits were very impressed and have been recruited by muliple coaches.
Steady, steady, dont get too optimistic.
I thought you said you were the sole member of the "I hate the football coach club"?

That's a lot of love you are insinuating there!!! Wait! Did I miss the emojis again??! Damn!