Spring Practice

Deleted member 2897

I love watching Trevor Lawrence spin it.

I thought his HS tape and watching him mic’d Up at the Army All American game (where you can basically hear him think), that he was ahead of Peyton Manning in both skills and football IQ. After watching his first season, I still believe that. He’s not perfect and makes mistakes, but he’s a generational talent. I feel like only an injury would give him a ceiling.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The 2020 QB commit is gonna be hard to beat imo. Dude is a baller.
Hope we have this as a future issue after we win 7 games and not 5 games.

Bigger hope is someday soon we are saying this about the DL.

I think the Plant H S reads the defenses well. Low int in 19 will be a tell.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I went to practice today and it was awesome. There were tons of recruits and former players there. No wonder so many recruits are interested in us again. The future looks bright.
Thank you for going and giving us your observation.
I am wondering if u think there is a lot more students that are interested in gt football.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I've noticed some interesting changes in the football roster with regards to sizes of some of our players. I am pretty sure Austin Smith for example was around 6'3" 275lbs out of high school. He's now 6'5" 295lbs. Tariq Carpenter was 6'2" 190lbs out of high school, and is now 6'2" 220lbs. No wonder he can lay some wood - that's all muscle.

Wow...the new strength staff has done wonders :D

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the practice. From what I saw, the QBs will still be very much featured in the run game. A lot of 4 WR sets. Also, did not see a single snap from under center.

Personally, I thought James Graham looked the best throwing the ball out fo the 3 QBs. It's difficult to tell though. Not like I was out there charting plays.