Spring Practice

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
We are our own worst enemy with coverage and it has nothing to do with media access. We should have a booming website with a SPRING PRACTICE CENTRAL heading with several articles and photo banks daily. What did I find when I took a gander at www.ramblinwreck.com, a single article dated 3/22 (4 days old). We can and should do a whole lot better than that, imo.
Would require hiring more people and as we saw just trying to get 4 more people hired it was quite the ordeal.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We are our own worst enemy with coverage and it has nothing to do with media access. We should have a booming website with a SPRING PRACTICE CENTRAL heading with several articles and photo banks daily. What did I find when I took a gander at www.ramblinwreck.com, a single article dated 3/22 (4 days old). We can and should do a whole lot better than that, imo.
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I'm not sure it requires hiring more people...you could easily get someone from the student body (CS department) to volunteer to do this for a senior design project, class credit, internship, etc.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

I agree. I still can’t imagine how bad the public relations department of the AA must be to have turnouts at spring games commensurate with a small high school program.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

Heck we should have a countdown to spring where they talk to different players about not only what they have going on the football field, but life in the classroom at Tech. Would be a great recruiting tool and source of information for fans. Would be awesome to hear about what some of our players plan to do after school, and how they spend their free time. Would show more of the full student athlete package that Todd Stansbury want's to sale.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it's pretty sad. I'm not sure it requires hiring more people...you could easily get someone from the student body (CS department) to volunteer to do this for a senior design project, class credit, internship, etc.

great idea
I've said for yrs that grad volunteers could help with the admin of recruiting (no contact personally) but we have to raise 400k to do it
btw-as of last week the new roster is not up for Spring

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I would like more as well, but social media is the best way when it comes to recruits. I thik they are keying in on the younger generation rather than those without social media.
But even then our social media is pretty bad compared to our competitors.