JOSEPH MACRINA
12718862.jpeg

CLASS:RS Sophomore
HOMETOWN:Suwanee, Ga.
HIGH SCHOOL:Northview
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-0 / 236
POSITION:LB

2016 (True Freshman): Redshirted.

High School: Four-year letterwinner earned all-district and all-area honors as a senior … Amassed 125 total tackles during final prep campaign … Served as team captain for Northview H.S. (coach Chad Davenport) … Named Defensive MVP of 2015 Chamber Bowl Senior All-Star Game … Also a three-year letterwinner and team captain as a designated hitter and catcher for Northview’s baseball squad … Honor-roll student.

Personal: Full name is Joseph Vincent Macrina … Born Jan. 18, 1998 … Son of Joseph and Karen Macrina … Has an older sister … Father has a master’s degree from Georgia Tech … Started playing football in seventh grade … Majoring in industrial engineering.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
JOSEPH MACRINA
12718862.jpeg

CLASS:RS Sophomore
HOMETOWN:Suwanee, Ga.
HIGH SCHOOL:Northview
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:6-0 / 236
POSITION:LB

2016 (True Freshman): Redshirted.

High School: Four-year letterwinner earned all-district and all-area honors as a senior … Amassed 125 total tackles during final prep campaign … Served as team captain for Northview H.S. (coach Chad Davenport) … Named Defensive MVP of 2015 Chamber Bowl Senior All-Star Game … Also a three-year letterwinner and team captain as a designated hitter and catcher for Northview’s baseball squad … Honor-roll student.

Personal: Full name is Joseph Vincent Macrina … Born Jan. 18, 1998 … Son of Joseph and Karen Macrina … Has an older sister … Father has a master’s degree from Georgia Tech … Started playing football in seventh grade … Majoring in industrial engineering.
walkon linebacker pressed into service at bback?

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Woody coached D at The Citadel which ran basically the same O. It's not a situation he hasn't been in before.

Actually, Woody coached against The Citadel while at Wofford from 2000-2012, never at El Cid. And even then, we didn’t install the spread option until Mike Houston came on board in 2014 (much to my chagrin). However, Wofford did run certain elements of the flexbone before he departed for AppSt in 2013, just not as much as they run currently.

Regardless, Woody saw it when GaSo ran it all during the 2000s. He gets it, knows how practicing against it can be beneficial for defensive players, and doesn’t get caught up in all the negativity against it. Don’t worry, he’ll do fine.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
CPJ would rather the media not even exist. The media in Atlanta don't like CPJ or GT and this doesn't help at all. Selfish on CPJs part

The media in Atlanta are not worth Coach Johnson's time or trouble. They are like the national media: pond scum to be ignored and scorned. I cannot speak for others but I despise the "Fourth Estate" and all their works going back 30 plus years. They have consistently lied and twisted a narrative to suit their own ends. To hell with them.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
On the other hand, the GTAA does need to be involved with the media and keeping them as up to date as CPJ is willing to allow. Perhaps CPJ shouldn't be the leader in media interaction, and perhaps his character limits capacity for transparency, but someone else can still build bridges to the program as a whole and work to isolate CPJ when appropriate.

Did you watch the press conferences from yesterday? What did CPJ do that wasn't good? I seemed to me that he cracked a couple of jokes, answered the questions well, and treated everyone with respect.(Including Ken)

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Did you watch the press conferences from yesterday? What did CPJ do that wasn't good? I seemed to me that he cracked a couple of jokes, answered the questions well, and treated everyone with respect.(Including Ken)

In spite of what I posted earlier. I have always felt a bit of sympathy for Ken. Seems like Coach Johnson gives him a hard time sometimes. Don't know why. Do they have a um past history?