Spring Practice

alagold

Helluva Engineer
By far, the most interesting aspect will be the new DEF and who fits in the best. And then- how many and who transfers by next Fall ,esp on the Def.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
By far, the most interesting aspect will be the new DEF and who fits in the best. And then- how many and who transfers by next Fall ,esp on the Def.

To be honest im not sure we will see transfers. The personnel required for the slant 50 is very similar to what roof was recruiting. He was basically trying to use slant 50 personel in a 4-2-5 nickle cover 3/quarters scheme.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
If it's 3rd and 20 a 8 yard cushion can be ok but you better be a good open-field tackler, not someone who dives at legs.

Even a 12 yard cushion on 3 and 4 is ok if at the snap you are moving forward. It forces a quick out read and likely results in a 2 yard gain if you are faster than the qb's throwing motion you can even jump the route for a pick . If its inside their own 30 thats the perfect time to do this if you miss its probably not a TD ( with safety help) if you hit you end up in the endzone before anyone can react.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hear Marshall is sitting out spring.

Besides stick who has r t experience. Ol coaching, in 18 it will zag to must devlope backups from in 17 Will bryan was the starter and back up at guard and tackle.

Of those backup that played the l t back looked like he can help.

Lets hope marshall is stiut by fall our most experienced and possibly best ol (lee, braun,cooper,bryan, marshall) can kick some ***, as we get the triple option back as a WORKING part of our offense.
2018 Its time!

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I hear Marshall is sitting out spring.

Besides stick who has r t experience. Ol coaching, in 18 it will zag to must devlope backups from in 17 Will bryan was the starter and back up at guard and tackle.

Of those backup that played the l t back looked like he can help.

Lets hope marshall is stiut by fall our most experienced and possibly best ol (lee, braun,cooper,bryan, marshall) can kick some ***, as we get the triple option back as a WORKING part of our offense.
2018 Its time!
For Marshall that's probably best for him to do that,no injuries need to happen in this spring game,hoping for no injuries at all in this one,hope and pray Marshall is ready before the regular season,have you heard anybody else not playing in the spring game this year? @iceeater1969

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Stay healthy and get better every day.
Spring training is about 90% about these two things. If someone "breaks out" during the spring they are likely as not to step back in the fall. We will see but I am definitely in the "I am from Missouri" Show Me camp. This team needs to improve in all three phases markedly to be competitive. The good news is that they have all spring and summer to do just that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We have a lot of experience on O, that is never a bad thing. I think we have a lot of talent that didn’t realize their full potential last year because too many were still trying to figure out where to go and how to fit together. Hopefully last year’s growing pains will yield this season a bountiful harvest.