Spring Practice

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
CPJ is just nipping info leak, especially injury info, in the bud. Last year, reporters were getting nothing from CPJ and then going to the assistants with the same questions. I think he'd just as soon not even deal with any of that and I can't blame him.
CPJ would rather the media not even exist. The media in Atlanta don't like CPJ or GT and this doesn't help at all. Selfish on CPJs part

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ would rather the media not even exist. The media in Atlanta don't like CPJ or GT and this doesn't help at all. Selfish on CPJs part
Generalities, sheesh.
1. I've seen him act on both extremes with the media. The main difference was how the media treated him first.
2. The only ones who suffer, if you can call it that, is the teeny, tiny subset of die hard fans (us) that crave any scrap of info regarding the team. No amount of media access is going to grow our fanbase. Other things much bigger and much more entrenched would have to change for that.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well first lets look at the facts :

Friday night game at 7:00 pm traffic will suck ( Thursday night game traffic sucks, but will Friday traffic be better ? )

Most people don't get off till 5:00 pm or later making it hard to make it in time. ( and you know your wife will want to eat out first. Remember it's Friday night don't try and tell her you can eat down there or all you will be doing when you get home is watching TV and hoping Saturday night she will be in a better mood. )

It's only really another practice even if they call it a game.

For some it will be too hot and muggy. ( But it's the spring game so we all know it will be raining )

So I see this year being the same 10,000 to 12,000.

The Braves are also playing the Mets that night

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Generalities, sheesh.
1. I've seen him act on both extremes with the media. The main difference was how the media treated him first.
2. The only ones who suffer, if you can call it that, is the teeny, tiny subset of die hard fans (us) that crave any scrap of info regarding the team. No amount of media access is going to grow our fanbase. Other things much bigger and much more entrenched would have to change for that.
A lot of generalities there