Spring Practice

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Coach Woody talking to the press would be counterproductive imo. The press wants to know who is standing out and that’s the last thing a coach wants his players reading in the press when installing a new scheme. He needs maximum effort and focus and that only comes when guys feel every rep is make or break.

Or he would say what PJ says. " I'm not going to single anyone out."

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Vicious is going to get his chance to seek and destroy!

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...GtlyM0EMmN/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

“We sat down, and he was telling me, ‘OK, I’ve seen your film,’” Alexander said. “‘I’d like you to rush for me. I’d like for you to come off the edge and don’t think about anything else. Just go. Go make plays.’”

“It actually relaxes me a lot and allows me to be able to play how I did in my high-school days, where I can just go and blow things up and then just make plays,” Alexander said.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Coach Woody talking to the press would be counterproductive imo. The press wants to know who is standing out and that’s the last thing a coach wants his players reading in the press when installing a new scheme. He needs maximum effort and focus and that only comes when guys feel every rep is make or break.
Or like CPJ says, the kids are stupid, they know who the best is. (Not his exact words lol)

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The thing I love about CPJ is that he doesn't "suffer fools gladly". His eyes say it all.....It's like he doesn't have any time, or interest in helping anyone write their sports column. Some might find it abrasive , I find it amusing and refreshing watching some in the media have to do more than let the coach do their work for them.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Vicious is going to get his chance to seek and destroy!

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...GtlyM0EMmN/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

“We sat down, and he was telling me, ‘OK, I’ve seen your film,’” Alexander said. “‘I’d like you to rush for me. I’d like for you to come off the edge and don’t think about anything else. Just go. Go make plays.’”

“It actually relaxes me a lot and allows me to be able to play how I did in my high-school days, where I can just go and blow things up and then just make plays,” Alexander said.

I think he's going to thrive in this attacking defense. His high school film was ridiculous. It was all highlights of massive hits off blitzes. It's a shame he's a Sr. this year...would love to have seen him have a few years in this system.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
So interesting how Ted was recruiting the perfect players for Woody.
IMO, Ted was forever trying to fit the round peg into the square hole. I like simplify it and turn 'em loose !! CPJ used to say - before CTR - "play like your hair is on fire " !! It's called coaching them up....not trying to make them into something else.