Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget you can check back to this link for updates after every practice:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/geot-spring-central-2016.html

Sounds like Taquan did better at QB than anticipated, and the move may now be permanent:

Today's Buzz: The Yellow Jackets went 124 snaps at Bobby Dodd Stadium this morning. The defense held the upper hand early as linebacker Chase Alford and defensive end Desmond Branch made tackles in the backfield. Linebacker Victor Alexander recovered a fumble, as the defense stymied attempts at any sustained drives. The offense finally broke through on a TaQuon Marshall touchdown pass to Mikell Lands-Davis between two defenders. Marshall also connected with Ricky Jeune on a long pass on the right sideline and scored on a short touchdown run up the middle.

Quote of the Day: "TaQuon Marshall did some really good things. I think that's going to be a good move (from A-back to quarterback). He's quick, hard to tackle." - Paul Johnson

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It's disappointing he needs to intervene.

I don't know CPJ very well, but I have always gotten the impression he was the type that came out swinging when his back was against the wall. I think he just wants to make dang sure everyone knows where to go and who to block come fall. If that means getting personally involved in the position coaching, so be it. I see it as a positive thing, and a teaching moment for the new O line coach.