Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Unless my eyes deceived me, we blew out Ugags and MissSts DL. Same coaches, but not all the same cast. Hmmmmm!
Ding ding ding
I understand where Yall are coming from but CPJ himself said the skilled position guys made the o line look better. Add Mason to the discussion and you can see how our line could have looked better in 2014 than what they really were and I believe last year is just proof of what cpj has said.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I didn't know that, that's interesting to hear. I just remember us mowing down d-lines, especially the 2nd half of that season.
I still remember the uga announcers in 2014 in the second half of the game. "Tech's offensive line is making our guys look like they are on roller skates!"

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
zyg28Td.png

Ornery curmudgeon with the media.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has often jumped in on this or that position group, defense with Wommack, special teams repeatedly, and so on. It is just part of his management style. He does not micro-manage overall or day to day but makes his presence felt periodically and as he believes it is needed in specific areas. I suspect he has found that to be effective as motivation and for reinforcing his coaches authority with the players even if he thinks they may not be getting enough out of the kids based on closeness and familiarity. Kind of like the mother and father who make use of periodic interventions and shows of stern authority from the dad to help make the day to day behavior of the kids improve.

There is so much psychology and periodic change-ups to management and coaching strategies that go on within a program that a seasoned head coach like CPJ is involved with and capable of utilizing. He is often credited at playing chess on offensive strategy and play calling while others play checkers, but he is doing the same thing in managing 20 coaches and 100 student athletes. I think that sometimes he is playing his chess as regards the program he runs and us outsiders are playing checkers in trying to grasp what he is up to.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If Paul has another year like last year it will be his last as our Head Coach. I think he is real concerned about why his players and coaches are not getting the job done. As the Head Man in Charge he will be held accountable which ever way this thing turns out this season. I think he can't put his finger on the problem and is just expressing his overall frustration. Not a good sign but hopefully something will click and we can get this thing going again this season. Based on this interview it does not look promising.

Go Jackets!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If Paul has another year like last year it will be his last as our Head Coach. I think he is real concerned about why his players and coaches are not getting the job done. As the Head Man in Charge he will be held accountable which ever way this thing turns out this season. I think he can't put his finger on the problem and is just expressing his overall frustration. Not a good sign but hopefully something will click and we can get this thing going again this season. Based on this interview it does not look promising.

Go Jackets!
I disagree. I don't think another year like last year will see him gone. Two maybe, but not one. Last year was such a strange year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Go Jackets!

I agree with all but the first sentence. I think he has enough leeway for several more years. I think CPJ is primarily self motivated based on desire to win.