Spring game talk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Except the one thing he can do and none of the others tried: run the midline option. I kept watching for it and never saw it. That's not surprising, really; Taquan isn't a midline type and Jones and Johnson don't do their reads well enough to make it work yet. If Matthew had been healthy, we would have seen him run it with Mills in the first quarter. Then, of course, the game would have gone pretty much as it did.

As to Matthew's cast: I don't know what the injury was, but I'm guessing it was a broken bone. That should be ok in 4 weeks or so. We'll see.
I don't know if we can say they don't read the plays well yet. We have only seen them in action once now, and CPJ said that they played better durning the spring. And I could be wrong but I do think I saw Jones run the midline once. Of course if MJ was in we probably would have seen it more.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Young QBs in our system DO tend to fumble a lot. He was exciting to watch, so I'm sure he will grow into the job and improve immensely.
I was just saying I don't think the spring game is the best indicator of if he has fumble issues or not. I think the spring game really wasn't a good indicator for any of the QB's, none of them really had much time to do anything.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think no matter what happens, Jay Jones will find himself on the field this fall. He might do like Jordan and play AB for a couple of years but still practice at QB, then switch back to QB when MJ graduates.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
QB- Jay Jones looks to be a future game changer. Lucas has a really great arm and good speed. Taquon looked solid and is a good runner but nothing really stood out. All QBs need to get a lot better at pitch relation badly.

BB- Dedrick is a tank. Benson looks like he can step right in MMs shoes and be effective. Quaide can get us some tough yards.

AB- Qua, JJ do what they do. Cottrell looks like he's gonna into the rotation some. I really like Gantt but hope he can fill out a little bit more, great athlete.

WR- Camp did a pretty good job, physical specimen.

OL- Hard to say, I know Jahazel Lee had a pretty bad day

DL- Standouts- Branch, Simmons, Merriweather, Saint-Armour overall the DL pretty much owned the OL

LB- Mitchell, Vic and Lewis looked pretty good, I think we can take a step forward this year.

DB- Didn't get much of a look on them. Very few passes were in danger of being caught.

I, for one, am very happy about the depth at BB. Happy for Benson who has put in the work and is on the cusp of good things. Glad for Q as he has paid his dues as well. I don't know about offensive line. Really don't think its that big a deal. They will continue to lift and get better over the summer. After all the criticism, some of it deserved, of the defensive line they seem to have gotten better. Thank goodness for the work ethic and patience of Coach Pelton. Being a Dline coach at Georgia Tech is a tough way to make a buck.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think no matter what happens, Jay Jones will find himself on the field this fall. He might do like Jordan and play AB for a couple of years but still practice at QB, then switch back to QB when MJ graduates.
I wonder if his future is at qb. Hes dynamic as hell with the ball in his hand, but hes got a shotgun for an arm. Powerful but wild.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if his future is at qb. Hes dynamic as hell with the ball in his hand, but hes got a shotgun for an arm. Powerful but wild.
Not sure you were following Tech back before CPJ. And not saying this player is like JJ he is faster. But I remember a QB 6-3 Damarius Bilbo who signed with Tech had a powerful arm but no one knew where it was going could throw it a mile. He ended up at WR but he was 6-3. Great guy and most everyone wanted to see on the field.