Spring Game 2020

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
He’s probably okay with losing those kinds of fans as he’s gaining a different demographic of fans and I don’t blame him. Listen to what you just said and apply it to yourself hypothetically. Are you really a fan of GT if you cut and run because you don’t like what the current coach is selling. Good riddance to everyone of those horrible fans. Our fan base is undergoing a major overhaul and it’s a great thing. We’re gonna lose some bad fans but who tf cares.

I don't think our fanbase can afford to lose people at all right now.

I don't practice christianity. I've heard of it but didn't know what it was for or anything. I'm not interested in it other than it possibly giving me a day of from work lol.

Apologies if my religious beliefs offend anyone.

I kind of find it a weird tradition in America to have Christmas as a national holiday, but not Hanukkah. Why does one holiday supercede the other? I understand tradition, but it seems off. I know this will offend many.

I find it good to know history. Specifically for how to not repeat it. And what do we as a culture still practice that needs to be improved. Because adaptation is means of survival. As a human race we are afraid of change.
Just to be clear, your religious beliefs do not offend me; we are all, at least supposedly, free to believe what we want to believe. Regarding Hanukkah, from a practical point of view, it is a rotating "season", seven days long, with no one particularly significant day. A more pertinent question would be why are not either Rosh Hashana or Yom Kippur not designated as a national holiday. Both are single days, I would imagine that, for better or worse, the people who originally established the traditional holidays were mostly Christian, with few (at that time) Jews in office. We should know history not just to avoid repeating it, but to celebrate the good things that were done.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You’re oversimplifying by stating that my stance is Collins is intentionally running off people.

It was probably your use of the word purge. To be clear, I don't think CGC is intentionally running anyone off, and I understand your point that real fans will, for the most part, persevere, but I still have trouble with the notion that fans aren't allowed to be upset by things CGC does because "we were not the intended audience." I still hold that CGC needs to show the same passion and zeal towards the fans that he does in every other area of our program.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Give him time to get new and better fans to replace the sorry ones and then we’re cooking. Tell your friends he says bye next time you see them.

It is not clear to me. Who are the new fans, and where are they coming from? Are they going to be buying season tickets next year ? Why are they going to be better fans?

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but your hypothesis about getting new an better fans evades me.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It is not clear to me. Who are the new fans, and where are they coming from? Are they going to be buying season tickets next year ? Why are they going to be better fans?

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but your hypothesis about getting new an better fans evades me.
I don't understand him and for not being the sharpest tool in the shed don't worry I'm well below that I'm the old tool that is on the ground next to the shed.

Milwaukee

Banned

And that’s ok. If you’re supporting then you’re not the problem. If that’s not crystal clear then you’re just looking to be offended.
It looks like there’s a whole troop of 3 of you...

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
And that’s ok. If you’re supporting then you’re not the problem. If that’s not crystal clear then you’re just looking to be offended.
It looks like there’s a whole troop of 3 of you...

I am not offended in the least. I have supported the Jackets through the good and the bad. So my fandom is not in question.

What I am questioning is these new fans you believe are coming to replace the unworthy fans. I would really like to know your opinion on this. If there is an untapped fanbase, Tech needs to explore all the options to bring them in. I will repeat, who are the new fans and where are they coming from?

Milwaukee

Banned
I am not offended in the least. I have supported the Jackets through the good and the bad. So my fandom is not in question.

What I am questioning is these new fans you believe are coming to replace the unworthy fans. I would really like to know your opinion on this. If there is an untapped fanbase, Tech needs to explore all the options to bring them in. I will repeat, who are the new fans and where are they coming from?

He’s looking to attract a more diverse crowd and it’s a damn good thing imo. Will it work? “Where are they coming from?” Lol. Hell we don’t know yet. I repeat, what are you missing?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Some of the back and forth about things not being for the fans got lost on me.

I live in Houston Tx and rock every piece of 404 gear I can get. Wear GT athleisure gear pretty much every weekend and love the swag. I’m also 34 so no longer a young gun.

This is not work, or something more serious than a bunch of kids playing a game. Lean into it and have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned

Purge, unworthy, etc. It kind of hits at the heart of the heartache. Before the leadership change there were rampant proclamations including up to this day the players were not worthy of playing P5 football. Fans of the unworthy players were bad fans.

We needed to revitalize the program. Like it or not there’s a purge going on. A purge of the old system, the old ways, the old players, etc. Not sure anyone wants fans purged but you do hear comments on here if you criticize any aspect of the new regime, well go take a hike.

It didn’t & doesn’t have to be this way. This isn’t the Falcons where you buy your fanhood. We’re supposed to be fans of student athletes, ones competing academically & athletically nothing like any of our peers. We’re supposed to be in a class by ourselves. Some seem to want to be like everybody else.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
HS in '83 makes you old? HA !!! You don't know old. LOL

Yep see thinking about listening to that loss on the radio reminded me of high school, that made me think of the car I had which made me think of my running crew which made me think about how we were together every Friday and Saturday night, which made me get a mental picture of the guys and our girls, which made me think about the fact that everyone of those guys are married with several kids now, which made me think we need to get together for another “ Friday Night”, which made me remember that I get numb after a half a beer now, which made me think that I’d go home early and go to bed if we did get together, which made me think I’d get up with a headache and upset stomach, which made me think maybe drinking wouldn’t be a good idea —- which means I am officially OLD !

And yes thinking about Tech vs Furman led to all that.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Purge, unworthy, etc. It kind of hits at the heart of the heartache. Before the leadership change there were rampant proclamations including up to this day the players were not worthy of playing P5 football. Fans of the unworthy players were bad fans.

We needed to revitalize the program. Like it or not there’s a purge going on. A purge of the old system, the old ways, the old players, etc. Not sure anyone wants fans purged but you do hear comments on here if you criticize any aspect of the new regime, well go take a hike.

It didn’t & doesn’t have to be this way. This isn’t the Falcons where you buy your fanhood. We’re supposed to be fans of student athletes, ones competing academically & athletically nothing like any of our peers. We’re supposed to be in a class by ourselves. Some seem to want to be like everybody else.

This should be required reading. Great post.

You and I don’t always agree on things but I think it is safe to say we each want GT Football to be great. What I think people sometimes forget is that it is possible to disagree with someone’s opinion and still respect their right to have that opinion. Thank you for your reminder of that in your post [emoji219]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep see thinking about listening to that loss on the radio reminded me of high school, that made me think of the car I had which made me think of my running crew which made me think about how we were together every Friday and Saturday night, which made me get a mental picture of the guys and our girls, which made me think about the fact that everyone of those guys are married with several kids now, which made me think we need to get together for another “ Friday Night”, which made me remember that I get numb after a half a beer now, which made me think that I’d go home early and go to bed if we did get together, which made me think I’d get up with a headache and upset stomach, which made me think maybe drinking wouldn’t be a good idea —- which means I am officially OLD !

And yes thinking about Tech vs Furman led to all that.
LOL
But I still say you don't know old. It gets worse (or maybe better, depending on your point of view)