Spring Game 2020

I just saw that the Spring Game has been scheduled for Friday night April 10. That is the Friday of Masters Week. I realize that not many people have Masters tickets, although I do. But the Spring Game never gets much coverage to begin with, and this particular date will result in virtually no coverage at all. Additionally, a member of the Tech golf team will be playing in the tournament. This is just STUPID on Tech's part.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Also collides with a baseball conference series at home vs. NC State. If they had waited a week the baseball team would be on the road and you would avoid Masters week. I’m sure there’s a lot of logic at play behind the scenes, but on the surface it’s a strange decision. Maybe they know that no other school will be playing spring games that weekend and they want to be the only show going on for recruits.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
It is also Good Friday, which could be bad or good depending on how you look at it. If you are Christian and observe it it could conflict and prevent you from going. However because it is Good Friday most people either have it off or take it off to be with the kids since schools are closed. This allows it to still be Friday Night Lights and allow people plenty of time to travel and reduces rush hour traffic before the game.

It is also Good Friday, which could be bad or good depending on how you look at it. If you are Christian and observe it it could conflict and prevent you from going. However because it is Good Friday most people either have it off or take it off to be with the kids since schools are closed. This allows it to still be Friday Night Lights and allow people plenty of time to travel and reduces rush hour traffic before the game.
It was on Good Friday a few years ago, and it definitely hurt attendance.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
I just saw that the Spring Game has been scheduled for Friday night April 10. That is the Friday of Masters Week. I realize that not many people have Masters tickets, although I do. But the Spring Game never gets much coverage to begin with, and this particular date will result in virtually no coverage at all. Additionally, a member of the Tech golf team will be playing in the tournament. This is just STUPID on Tech's part.
I'll take the masters tix off your hands do you can go to the spring game

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Georgia Tech needs to go ahead and have the Spring Game on Saturdays:grumpy:

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Over on JOL, folks are lamenting having to choose between their faith, family and Georgia tech football.

I remember reading an article about the failing NFL due to Sunday games and the impact it was having on attendance and revenue. Decent Americans just don’t want to have to choose between the Sabbath and pigskin. Oh wait, never mind, I didn’t read that because it isn’t happening.

I’ve resigned myself to the belief that these boards attract the “special” fans for the most part.

You people totally miss the point. Tech gets virtually no coverage for the spring games to begin with. With every decent sports writer and announcer in Augusta for the Masters, who, other than Ken Sugiura, is going to bother with covering the Tech spring game? And for those people who ALWAYS have obligations on the Easter weekend, they will not be there either. I doubt there will be 10,000 at the game on that date.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Also collides with a baseball conference series at home vs. NC State. If they had waited a week the baseball team would be on the road and you would avoid Masters week. I’m sure there’s a lot of logic at play behind the scenes, but on the surface it’s a strange decision. Maybe they know that no other school will be playing spring games that weekend and they want to be the only show going on for recruits.
I actually went last year because I could watch two baseball games & spring game on Fri and Sat.