You can't tip toe
You can't fumble
You can't miss blocks
You can't miss assignments
And you need to be able to run with authority
We need three to do that.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
QW came back from injury and could have played if he needed to. If he was that much better than MM I believe he would have. CJL is a complete unknown at this point. I liked MA when he was on the field. Key words "when he was on the field."
By the time Quaide was ready to play, we were about 7 games into the season. He was out of shape to boot. No reason to blow his redshirt and risk him getting hurt again due to being thrown in too soon. I know he was ready; he would run up in the O huddle in the games like a coonhound on a scent. I also knew there was no way Coach was going to play him. Shoot, if Leggett had been healthy, he might have gotten redshirted anyway.

We'll see about MM after this fall. I also doubt he'll be redshirted. He'll play somewhere, but the competition at BB will be fierce next year and, given the lack of overall success at that position this year, I doubt that starting in 2015 will guarantee starting in 2016.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
My mind is wondering....

So what do you guys think about moving Keshun to SLB with Anree at the starting WDE in our 4-3 look?

I wonder also if Lynn will move back to defense, particularly FS, to solidify that spot.

After the UGA, I would prefer we move Austin to CB and have the bigger Step Durham at Nickel.

Saw on the pay site, there is the thought of TJ Barning Shamire Devine by switching him to NT. Hell naw
Please any change where Devine can use his size and skill to help out is welcome.he doesn't fit in to what the o has going. He use to play defense ,was a good nose at the lower Level .I'm baffled ,What Was He Recruited for?He May Not Be 100% Mr Football but the young man can play and follow directions. It use to be said he was raw talent that any Coach would love to coach ,shape and mold . hopefully they will put more effort into him next year, provided he stays healthy.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Please any change where Devine can use his size and skill to help out is welcome.he doesn't fit in to what the o has going. He use to play defense ,was a good nose at the lower Level .I'm baffled ,What Was He Recruited for?He May Not Be 100% Mr Football but the young man can play and follow directions. It use to be said he was raw talent that any Coach would love to coach ,shape and mold . hopefully they will put more effort into him next year, provided he stays healthy.

I'm not against Shamire to defense. He's a giant and we've got some serious issues at DT. I think he'd be good at just jamming holes and taking up space. I'm not sure he's so much better than the next guy up on offense that this should not be considered.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not against Shamire to defense. He's a giant and we've got some serious issues at DT. I think he'd be good at just jamming holes and taking up space. I'm not sure he's so much better than the next guy up on offense that this should not be considered.
I think we just had a guy that was supposed to be real good at that, and his presence in the D went unremarked before he got suspended and then quit. Nor do I recall Barnes being particularly outstanding in that regard, though I am not a fervent D line watcher.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like sham.
I will see if I can get kid( byron bell) who played for son and is now playing for titans to contact shamire .
2 years ago with panthers byron had serious weight issue 400+#. . Got doen to 375 & now 345.
Here is a picture son just took from the current titans jags game . Sham needs to look kike this!

Attachments

• 8123.jpeg
    8123.jpeg
    910.1 KB · Views: 70

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I think we just had a guy that was supposed to be real good at that, and his presence in the D went unremarked before he got suspended and then quit. Nor do I recall Barnes being particularly outstanding in that regard, though I am not a fervent D line watcher.

Not exactly the same though. For one, Shamire has about 60-70 lbs on Jabari.

But I also don't like he rationale that one player will not work out at a position because another did not. Seems like you could make that argument against every player on the field...

I hope Shamire works out right where he is, but if he doesn't, he's a big body that we should try to utilize as best as possible.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not exactly the same though. For one, Shamire has about 60-70 lbs on Jabari.

But I also don't like he rationale that one player will not work out at a position because another did not. Seems like you could make that argument against every player on the field...

I hope Shamire works out right where he is, but if he doesn't, he's a big body that we should try to utilize as best as possible.
I'm not sure a guy moving because he's out of shape is gonna work out anywhere.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
TJ says hi from the Jets.

Recognize your point - wish we could have taught him to rush low, stay low and he could have been a real force. He just stood up then could not make the pile stop.

He should catch on somewhere. I saw he was cut 11/12/15 so they could get a db. '

Looks like coach wants dt that are shorter 6 ft 2-3 290 growing to 320-330 (henderson glanton) and taller de. I like it

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think the last thing we need to do is move Shamire. He's a born OL and fits just fine at guard. I think Coach moved Joe over so he could play Bryan, not because Joe was doing a much better job then Devine. Besides, he'll be needed there next year for his experience and size. And I didn't see much evidence that he was out of shape; I think 360 is about right for him. Some people are just plain big and he's one of them.

Given another year to develop, I expect great things out of Devine. But, again, we'll see.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Yup! He will lead the ACC from the B back position too.

Watched Kirvonte play at Marietta. He was not dominant. One of the better players on the field typically. Incredible speed with a huge upside. He still has to prove he can overcome a serious injury. He will have his shot in the spring. The question is can be reach that upside? You could easily say the same thing about MM who has a year of game experience.