So, who starts next year...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't underestimate Lands-Davis; I think he's played in the wrong position and will be going back where he belongs (BB) this spring.I seem to remember many here who thought going into the season that he'd be taking over at BB by mid-season. He might very well have done so if we hadn't run into such serious numbers problems at AB and if Skov hadn't transferred in.

As to BB next year, I'm betting on the Leggett/Quaid combo we expected going into the spring. Harder runners; better bets at 3rd and 4. But that'll be solved this spring.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It should be interesting. My guess is that MLD stays at AB. He is just as fast as Anthony Allen and AA did fine out there. MLD was physical enough to block well, and sometimes did, but there were some assignment and technique things that plagued him along the way. That kind of stuff will get cleaned up this off season, I'm sure. He showed me hands. He showed me some toughness and pretty good running ability. I like having him out there. We need some physical guys at that position too. They can't all be 170lbs. He will be in the rotation, as will Lynn Griffin in my estimation. He hasn't been talked about much, but he showed the ability to make some plays on his own (extra yards by beating people without blocking) last season (near the end of the year) which had been decidedly missing all season. I have to believe a spring practice and fall camp will do him wonders.

In my estimation the AB starting duo is completely up in the air right now. As always, who starts isn't that big a deal. There will be six or so who contribute greatly.