So who leaves? Attrition.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Yep bc the agenda must be pushed

Juice Man Bad
Gonna be a long off season..... Welcome to big boy football everyone. I highly doubt CGC is shoving these kids out. But if you aren’t a fit or able to contribute then it’s best to hear the brutal truth. If they can’t accept it then they’re in for a hard time in life outside of football.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand the vitriol from some of the posters likening the belief I hold (we should honor our commitment to students we recruit with a message about the TPP and FamilyOverEverything and 404theCulture and the 40 year Plan) to being childish and naive.

My comment has been that if we do in fact sit in a living room talking about the opportunity to get a Ga Tech degree we shouldn't pull scholarships from kids because of our inability to project their talent, coaching changes, or lack of development. If the kids shows up and does what he or she is asked to do by the coaching staff we need to find a way to honor the commitment we make for their education. Playing time is not guaranteed and I get that, but if we aren't transparent about the commitment we make then we aren't the program I want to be, and I will be vocal in my contributions (financially or otherwise).

So if a kid gets and academic or community scholarship and fails to make the grade or time commitment should the scholarships be picked up and honored, just cause they tried?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My comment has been that if we do in fact sit in a living room talking about the opportunity to get a Ga Tech degree we shouldn't pull scholarships from kids because of our inability to project their talent, coaching changes, or lack of development.

Again, pulling a scholarship is not depriving them the opportunity to get an education. They are still enrolled in school, and still have the chance to get a degree.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand the vitriol from some of the posters likening the belief I hold (we should honor our commitment to students we recruit with a message about the TPP and FamilyOverEverything and 404theCulture and the 40 year Plan) to being childish and naive.

My comment has been that if we do in fact sit in a living room talking about the opportunity to get a Ga Tech degree we shouldn't pull scholarships from kids because of our inability to project their talent, coaching changes, or lack of development. If the kids shows up and does what he or she is asked to do by the coaching staff we need to find a way to honor the commitment we make for their education. Playing time is not guaranteed and I get that, but if we aren't transparent about the commitment we make then we aren't the program I want to be, and I will be vocal in my contributions (financially or otherwise).
When did any of these coaches sit in any of these players living rooms?

So you're talking future hypotheticals? Gat dang off season!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Interesting to me to see how doing things the "right way", once considered a proud part of being a Tech fan, is now considered by so many to be "childish and naïve".

I don't know how much was fact or fantasy in that ideal we once held, but I miss it just the same. I hope our actual practice is more in keeping with the ideal than not.
The actual pulling of scholarships is a practice that should be off the table.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to me to see how doing things the "right way", once considered a proud part of being a Tech fan, is now considered by so many to be "childish and naïve".

I don't know how much was fact or fantasy in that ideal we once held, but I miss it just the same. I hope our actual practice is more in keeping with the ideal than not.

Scholarships are earned. Once you earn it, you have to work to keep it. That’s across the board. Nothing is pulled.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Scholarships are earned. Once you earn it, you have to work to keep it. That’s across the board. Nothing is pulled.

But if you work hard and just can't keep it (remember these recruits are still developing), your position is that they should be pulled. That's where we disagree, I think (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Animal02

Banned

The win at all cost crowd is dancing in the streets.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So if a kid gets and academic or community scholarship and fails to make the grade or time commitment should the scholarships be picked up and honored, just cause they tried?

Bad analogy. Failing to make the grade would get any scholarship cancelled, academic, community, or athletic.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
But if you work hard and just can't keep it (remember these recruits are still developing), your position is that they should be pulled. That's where we disagree, I think (correct me if I'm mistaken).
So do you believe a kid with the Hope scholarship should have it no matter if their GPA drops below 3.0 because they were awarded it after high school? This question applies to any other scholastic scholarship.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
So do you believe a kid with the Hope scholarship should have it no matter if their GPA drops below 3.0 because they were awarded it after high school? This question applies to any other scholastic scholarship.

There are academic standards for keeping any and all scholarships.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
No it doesn't. I lost the hope and finished my degree. I just had to pay for it.

I didn't say you didn't. How in the world did you get that from, "Failure to make the grade would get any scholarship cancelled..."? Yes, if you lose the Hope you have to pay, which is irrelevant and immaterial to what I said.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Same with football. The coaches tell you where you need to be and when and if not you lose the scholarship.

Uh huh. I would say if someone actually doesn't show up for practice he's subject to having his scholarship canned, if that's what you're talking about.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Gonna be a long off season..... Welcome to big boy football everyone. I highly doubt CGC is shoving these kids out. But if you aren’t a fit or able to contribute then it’s best to hear the brutal truth. If they can’t accept it then they’re in for a hard time in life outside of football.
Seem like the same thing all new coaches do. :)

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't say you didn't. How in the world did you get that from, "Failure to make the grade would get any scholarship cancelled..."? Yes, if you lose the Hope you have to pay, which is irrelevant and immaterial to what I said.
Yeah, I read that wrong. So what was your point?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
can we move the "cutting" talk somewhere else?

30 pages of debating something that this staff won't have the ability to do until the players they recruited are in the system.

I do want to be kept aware of who elke is planning on leaving though. Otherwise this thread should tossed out.