So who leaves? Attrition.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yup. There are still several more that I've had my eye on like him (ZM) too. JB, XG, LJ, BT, TW. Even JL, CB, OJ, PH, JC, and GB I'd keep my eyes on...although I wouldn't bet much money on any of them. I wouldn't wish anybody to leave or to have to leave, but so far they are all falling in the bucket of folks we should be watching.
Come on you know I'm fat a lazy but you want me to pull up our roster so I can see who these letters are and by the time I find the first few I'll forget who they were and have to start again. :)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I never pretended any such thing. But for some, it could effectively amount to the same thing, for financial reasons.

It's exactly what you pretended when you suggested that it was their education that was being messed with. It's not. It's their financial funding. And even so they can still take out student loans like any number of students do normally.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It's exactly what you pretended when you suggested that it was their education that was being messed with. It's not. It's their financial funding. And even so they can still take out student loans like any number of students do normally.

Fair enough. I do see your point. I still don't agree with the practice, but you have a point that most could stay in school with loans and whatnot.

Deleted member 2897

If a player is in good standing and doesn't want to leave, I can understand not keeping them on the field. But whether through a medical disqualification or some other means, if we also don't cover what's left of their scholarship, to me that is a total **** move.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Although I know you were not trying to be funny, I LOL'd when I read this. I truly hope that I don't have to read things like this again after CGC and his staff get things up and running.

This was very common with our OL recruits, in particular.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
So who else is leaving? With Jackson and Williams leaving, and Wells being put on scholly, we are now at what 87 on scholarship?
Thanks for staying on the actual topic of the thread.

There’s this entire debate and I keep thinking...”Have they already forgotten this is CGC’s FIRST YEAR?” He didn’t even recruit these players.
They might not even fit his system or be someone he would’ve chosen in the first place.

You’re ****ing expectations on the future “morality of cutting” doesn’t even pertain as to what’s happening right now.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Yup. There are still several more that I've had my eye on like him (ZM) too. JB, XG, LJ, BT, TW. Even JL, CB, OJ, PH, JC, and GB I'd keep my eyes on...although I wouldn't bet much money on any of them. I wouldn't wish anybody to leave or to have to leave, but so far they are all falling in the bucket of folks we should be watching.
Lucas Johnson, Tevin Washington, a corner back, Oj Simpson?! I hate when people do this crap.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I have the roster at 85 now. Who am I missing?

Brad Morgan
Ahmarean Brown
Brentavious Glanton
Christian Campbell
David Curry
Austin Smith
Jahaziel Lee
Jalen Camp
Jared Southers
Kenny Cooper
KirVonte Benson
Nathan Cottrell
Omahri Jarrett
Scott Morgan
Chico Bennett, Jr.
Tyler Cooksey
Tyler Davis
Christian Malloy
Ajani Kerr
Cornelius Evans
Antonneous Clayton
Demetrius Knight II
Devin Ellison
Dontae Smith
D'Quan Douse
Dylan Deveney
Antwan Owens
Harrison Jump
Bruce Jordan-Swilling
Chris Martin
Connor Hansen
Jack DeFoor
Jamal Camp
James Graham
Jamious Griffin
Jair Hawkins-Anderson
Ja'Quon Griffin
Jaquan Henderson
Jarett Cole
Jaylon King
Jaytlin Askew
Jeremiah Smith
Jerry Howard jr.
Jordan Domineck
Jordan Huff
Lucas Johnson
Jordan Yates
Pressley Harvin III
Justice Dingle
Kalani Norris
Stephen Dolphus
Tariq Carpenter
Kenan Johnson
Xavier Gantt
Adonicas Sanders
Avery Showell
Luke Johns
Boe Tufele
Marquez Ezzard
Michael Maye
Mike Lockhart
Brenton King
Charlie Clark
Nazir Burnett
Charlie Thomas
Gentry Bonds
Jordan Mason
Juanyeh Thomas
Kaleb Oliver
Kelton Dawson
Sylvain Yondjouen
T.K. Chimedza
Malachi Carter
Tija'i Whatley
Mikey Minihan
Tony Amerson
Peje' Harris
Quez Jackson
Tobias Oliver
Wesley Walker
Wesley Wells
Tre Swilling
Zach Owens
Zach Quinney
Zamari Walton
Jakob Brashear, RS Junior Linebacker

Deleted member 2897

Lucas Johnson, Tevin Washington, a corner back, Oj Simpson?! I hate when people do this crap.

I really don't want to type out people's names when I know nothing about them. You can infer based upon their being several layers back in the depth chart who might be evaluating their future.

For your reference, I was speaking of Blocboy JB (he was just arrested, so it will be easier to remove him), Xavier Gachet (all that bastard does is ski, so f him), Lebron James (we're already pretty deep at TE), Benicio del Toro (he has more than enough money to pay for his own damned education), Tiger Woods (I bet we can get him a medical disqualification for his back), Jennifer Lopez has the junk in the trunk to be a good nose tackle, but her 40 yard dash time sucks, Charles Barkley would light up the locker room but lets face it his back is shot too, OJ is a murderer which is a pretty unhealthy quality, Phil Helmuth would just sucker everyone's spare money out of them, Jesus Christ already died for our sins so I think we can leave him to more important work than winning football games, and Garth Brooks' time would be better spent trying to resurrect his career. Hope that helps.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If a player is in good standing and doesn't want to leave, I can understand not keeping them on the field. But whether through a medical disqualification or some other means, if we also don't cover what's left of their scholarship, to me that is a total **** move.
Fair enough. I do see your point. I still don't agree with the practice, but you have a point that most could stay in school with loans and whatnot.
You’ll never be ATL, you won’t be kept on scholarship.
Ball is in your court.
C’est la vie