So who leaves? Attrition.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
I never pretended any such thing. But for some, it could effectively amount to the same thing, for financial reasons.

This is incredibly naive or you're just misinformed. We actually have a problem in this country where too many people are taking out too much in loans for useless degrees. Nobody is leaving Tech because they cant get aid.

Deleted member 2897

By my recollection, in the past when we had players transfer, they typically posted something to social media about thanks for the good times etc etc but they're heading onward. I find it interesting so far we're 0 for 3 in that regard this year with nothing public being stated by the guys.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
By my recollection, in the past when we had players transfer, they typically posted something to social media about thanks for the good times etc etc but they're heading onward. I find it interesting so far we're 0 for 3 in that regard this year with nothing public being stated by the guys.

In previous years there wasn't a transfer portal. Guys posted that they are leaving and continuing their athletic/academic career at XYZ University. There might have been rumors that someone was looking to leave, but not confirmation that they are "in the transfer portal".

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow

Can you please post some examples from previous years?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
So about our average each year , and this upsets people because we are doing the same thing all the other Tech coaches have done.
Pretty much, except there's this common knowledge that Bobby Dodd left the SEC because he would not yank scholarships because of his failure to evaluate talent - not an exact quote but that's what I took from his book. Now we all know that the game has changed a lot since Dodd's day, but just because some here have chosen to believe that GT has higher standards than "the factories" doesn't mean that those same people believe in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

Not everybody that leaves is forced out. Paul often said that some kids don't want to wait their turn. But we have heard from reputable sources that some are in fact forced out. It is what it is.

Claims of "I will no longer support a program that does x,y,z" are analogous to "I'm going to leave the country if ____ wins the election". My mother called those "large statements". Once you're a GT fan, it's for life. We need all the fans we can get. When we start selling out BDS on a regular basis, then maybe we can talk about processing season ticket holders that show up after kickoff and don't make enough noise

I thought this thread might be locked a long time ago, but I'm glad it stayed open. I found it enlightening.

Deleted member 2897

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2897

On a side note, TD Roof entered his name into the transfer portal from Indiana.

Deleted member 2897

It appears this woman is a high school principal.

Another good reason to never engage people like this. With the passing of a few more days, and now that we're up to 3, with rumors of several more in play, it could very well be there was a team discussion or at least enough discussion around this with several people...she may have not phrased it the same way CGC did, but it appears to me she also wasn't totally out in left field.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't understand the vitriol from some of the posters likening the belief I hold (we should honor our commitment to students we recruit with a message about the TPP and FamilyOverEverything and 404theCulture and the 40 year Plan) to being childish and naive.

My comment has been that if we do in fact sit in a living room talking about the opportunity to get a Ga Tech degree we shouldn't pull scholarships from kids because of our inability to project their talent, coaching changes, or lack of development. If the kids shows up and does what he or she is asked to do by the coaching staff we need to find a way to honor the commitment we make for their education. Playing time is not guaranteed and I get that, but if we aren't transparent about the commitment we make then we aren't the program I want to be, and I will be vocal in my contributions (financially or otherwise).

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don't understand the vitriol from some of the posters likening the belief I hold (we should honor our commitment to students we recruit with a message about the TPP and FamilyOverEverything and 404theCulture and the 40 year Plan) to being childish and naive.

My comment has been that if we do in fact sit in a living room talking about the opportunity to get a Ga Tech degree we shouldn't pull scholarships from kids because of our inability to project their talent, coaching changes, or lack of development. If the kids shows up and does what he or she is asked to do by the coaching staff we need to find a way to honor the commitment we make for their education. Playing time is not guaranteed and I get that, but if we aren't transparent about the commitment we make then we aren't the program I want to be, and I will be vocal in my contributions (financially or otherwise).

Well, one of the things asked was to be good football at as well

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How can you separate the two? So a sexual assault cover up is only a stain on Mich St and Baylor sports program and not the institute?

I have yet to see anyone say they will stop supporting GT bc Pres Bud Peterson and friends improprieties, but will do so because scholarship not being renewed to those who are caught in transition or no longer a fit due scheme change or being position-less

My main reason to not support Bud Petersen is because I don't think he's doing enough for GT athletics.

Also, he's on the NCAA commission that's been a complete cluster**** for college hoops.

Last edited:

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So if this lady hadn’t made that tweet would we be having this discussion? Honestly??

It was continuing before her tweets. I think half if not more of this thread is full of people saying almost the same thing, yet arguing with other people saying almost the same thing because they have to argue.