So what did Joseph do?

GT_EE78

Banned
The article to me looked more like a cover story trying to hide the truth rather than reveal it. Lin
Lin Dunn has been an open lesbian political activist for a long time. Purdue bloggers claim she was fired for personal conduct, reporting multiple incidents (police called to her house plus some public incidents) involving police and alcohol. Someone else posted on here about a relationship between joseph and Dunn which i can only assume would have been inappropriate if true. There's obviously much more going on than what's being reported.

slugboy

Staff member
Lin Dunn has been an open lesbian political activist for a long time. Purdue bloggers claim she was fired for personal conduct, reporting multiple incidents (police called to her house plus some public incidents) involving police and alcohol. Someone else posted on here about a relationship between joseph and Dunn which i can only assume would have been inappropriate if true. There's obviously much more going on than what's being reported.

I can see some of the other items as contributing to termination, but what does being an open lesbian political activist have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
OK - help me out here. Are you saying that the current issues are because Joseph has a relationship with some 71 year old chick/coach in KY? Even if there is some romantic relationship why would that cause what is going on now? If it is true. And beyond that even if Joseph wanted to be an activist why would that cause the current issues? No boss or AD is going to fire or relieve any employee for that - not very smart at all.

I'm an old straight white guy but I don't understand what you are trying to get at. No one these days is going to go after a coach for that? Unless as I started with - I am missing something which is quite possible/likely.

FWIW those tweets were not really helpful but I put them in the noise of nonsense that happens any time someone goes into the gender equity stuff.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
CMJ wants to be back with her team, although I’m not so sure this is the best path...

.....not saying she is instigating this, but by being well aware and close to these folks, is not going to help her with the paycheck authorities. Found this under a Title IX twitter page.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
This gender equity smokescreen is bull ****. It reeks of someone trying to play the politically correct/#metoo card in a desperate attempt to make their employer back down from whatever got her in trouble and at the very least allow her to sneak out the back door in her mind with somewhat of a reputation intact. Nobody is getting suspended in the middle of a moderately successful season with a tourney birth at stake because they whined about their paycheck. There has to be way more to this situation than that.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW I don't think the gender equity complaints are about pay or anything that specific about the women's program. Recognizing I have no inside knowledge nor am I any of the lawyers hired by Joseph or GT AA, from the outside I think it is very possible Joseph and her lawyer are pissed that CJP was accused of a ton of bad juju and allowed to stay on the job while GT conducted their own investigation. In this case, she has obviously been accused of something and I don't know what it was or the status of any GT investigation (just starting or done) - but it is public that she has been relieved of her duties pending a decision - which may well require an investigation to be conducted. On the surface and from the outside, this seems different than the way GT handled CJP.

Regardless, it is a shot across the bow of Stansbury/GT and likely isn't making her many friends. It may well be a shot to make sure GT knows they better be really legally solid if they try to fire for cause versus negotiating a way out for her. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out.
Winner!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
FWIW I don't think the gender equity complaints are about pay or anything that specific about the women's program. Recognizing I have no inside knowledge nor am I any of the lawyers hired by Joseph or GT AA, from the outside I think it is very possible Joseph and her lawyer are pissed that CJP was accused of a ton of bad juju and allowed to stay on the job while GT conducted their own investigation. In this case, she has obviously been accused of something and I don't know what it was or the status of any GT investigation (just starting or done) - but it is public that she has been relieved of her duties pending a decision - which may well require an investigation to be conducted. On the surface and from the outside, this seems different than the way GT handled CJP.

Regardless, it is a shot across the bow of Stansbury/GT and likely isn't making her many friends. It may well be a shot to make sure GT knows they better be really legally solid if they try to fire for cause versus negotiating a way out for her. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out.
I think there is a complaint from inside the Institute regarding her behavior. I also think there must be credible evidence it is true. That is very different that the situation with CJP and the lunatic accuser Tech had to deal with in that case.

But, I can see why she is claiming gender inequality. From a legal standpoint she is not guilty of anything at this time. That said, this does not look good for her.

I am curious about why Lin Dunn is linked to GT. There is nothing wrong with being LGBT and GT knows that. She is not (I hope) being investigated for being a Lesbian. There has to be something far more serious than just being accused of something relatively minor.

Deleted member 2897

I am curious about why Lin Dunn is linked to GT. There is nothing wrong with being LGBT and GT knows that. She is not (I hope) being investigated for being a Lesbian. There has to be something far more serious than just being accused of something relatively minor.

Even if there were some people inside GT who had it out for CMJ (which I don’t think is the case) because she is gay (if she is, and I don’t care either way), GT is a very progressive place inside a very progressive city. Such a thought to me is nonsensical. Why has she been here as long as she has been? Whoever might behind such a thing would be rightly run out of town.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Even if there were some people inside GT who had it out for CMJ (which I don’t think is the case) because she is gay (if she is, and I don’t care either way), GT is a very progressive place inside a very progressive city. Such a thought to me is nonsensical. Why has she been here as long as she has been? Whoever might behind such a thing would be rightly run out of town.

I think the Lin Dunn thing was brought up because Coach Joseph played for her, reportedly had a relationship with her while working for her (?), was barred from recruiting along with her at Purdue due to some minor violations and then was fired with her due to, apparently, some public issues that Dunn caused, such as having the police called to her house several times for loud parties and other issues. I don't think anyone is saying that Dunn is involved with the Georgia Tech situation or that anyone has a "lesbian agenda." Only that there could be some history to a coach/player or coach/staff member relationship in Coach Joseph's past when the initial thought was that maybe there was a relationship issue involved in the fact that she was placed on leave.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
The only way any of the gender equity stuff makes any sense is if the went way overboard and physically attacked someone or was so over the top insubordinate that action had to be taken. If she has been complaining as has been stated by some why would more complaining bother anyone. I would
think anything like that would have led to immediate termination. If she is gay i can’t see that making any difference to anyone unless she stepped out of bounds with a player or something like that. If I had to guess I would say that there is something more going on with the 2 players who left the team than simply yelling at them after the last game.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Would have zero whatsoever to do with sexual orientation. I am certain that is a protected status per GT policy and she is not even alleging discrimination on that basis.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t know what is going on, but the issue of “gender equity” in a lawsuit involving women’s collegiate sports was reported by ESPN on November 2, 2017. So it is not unprecedented.

Here is the ESPN article. Everyone, please do take the time to read it carefully:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...gin-cajuns-fire-michael-lotief-softball-coach

Well, you can certainly be fired for being a jerk. You need to be able to get along with those around you.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the facts, our administration does, but its been my experience that when you have a crisis in a large organization, if possible, deal with it head on. What this situation says to me is that there are a lot of details yet to come out, and more than likely they are getting legal counsel to stay quiet, as they that would be the course if you are expecting legal actions from a party.

Stay quiet, don't do anything that could be used against you, and at the same time, gather evidence and build your case to position yourself to win a legal fight.

Hope I'm not right..

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I can see some of the other items as contributing to termination, but what does being an open lesbian political activist have to do with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking that they can push boundaries, say or do anything without repercussions or responsibilities as regards their job description.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think there is a complaint from inside the Institute regarding her behavior. I also think there must be credible evidence it is true. That is very different that the situation with CJP and the lunatic accuser Tech had to deal with in that case.

But, I can see why she is claiming gender inequality. From a legal standpoint she is not guilty of anything at this time. That said, this does not look good for her.

She, in no way, is being “investigated” or suspended for being a lesbo.

She screwed up somehow, GT is doing what legal/ethical/contractual obligations call for.

She and her lawyer are swinging at windmills to try and save her azz. Her coaching career, at this level, is over with and she is trying to cash in.