So what did Joseph do?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Not a surprise. Friend of mine is married to a former UNC women's player. To say she dislikes Hatchell intensely would be an understatement

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Hatchell's team was really linked to the fake classes in AFAM. She got a contract extension but it was delayed for quite a bit longer than Roy's extension. It looked like maybe she would lose her job as a result but they extended her. This may do it for her.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
With these revelations, MJ's lawyers' attempts to distract are looking more desperate. Has she even filed a lawsuit yet? Looks to me like GT may have enough on her to stand their ground.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
With these revelations, MJ's lawyers' attempts to distract are looking more desperate. Has she even filed a lawsuit yet? Looks to me like GT may have enough on her to stand their ground.

I said it earlier, MJ's attorney's attempt to turn the media against GT and pressure GT into a big settlement is about to blow up in their face. She could have just walked away, or "stepped down due to health reasons" and still saved her career. I'm sure GT would have been fine with both sides going separate ways with neither party "losing".

With everyday that passes, and more and more details coming to light and ex-players speaking out, she's now become untouchable in the coaching profession. As it stands, she gave GT no choice but to act because she put the safety of kids under her charge at emotional, physical, and personal risk. GT could have been liable for a LOT more had they done nothing.

MJ and her attorney tried to create legal leverage, but they were grasping for straws. Coaches need to realize in this day and age of social media and hyper sensitivity, you can't act like you're above the law...especially if you have a job that's in a non-revenue sport. Even Bob Knight had to answer for his antics. MJ is no Bob Knight, and GT Women's BB is no Indiana Men's BB.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not looking good for CMJ nor GT.

Catching up on the news while out of town. Read the article in the AJC. Butler's comments are down right scary when you think about this going on for years.
I doubt she made that story up to simply get in the news.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Guess this helps explain the many transfers over the years. The fact this was allowed to go on for so many years is the real black eye for us IMO. No winners in this fight I'm afraid.

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Throughout this thread, I never thought Coach Jo and her inept counsel had a case against the GTAA. But if there is a paper trail of past complaints that were not addressed until now.... That could result in significant civil suit settlements, lots of commas and lots of zeros.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I expect stuff is going to keep coming out of the woodwork for a while. Some real, some likely not, some simply sensational. It is going to leave a mark on everyone involved. If the $150K type of buyout is correct, I still think that is what should have been done.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Quite a quote by Monroe, “as a heterosexual student-athlete, I was ostracized and often made to feel uncomfortable by Coach Joseph as a consequence of my sexual orientation.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ainst-machelle-joseph/3eoHlM5I1vvJIa4nylW3EP/

Was the article edited? I read it, and it did not say “as a heterosexual student-athlete.” It said this:

“Lastly, Monroe said that ‘I was ostracized and often made to feel uncomfortable by coach Joseph as a consequence of my sexual orientation.’”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
I said it before and I totally agree, $150k is a good price to escape this mess. The folks who are making these decisions know a lot more than us, so I have to believe they are doing the right thing for the GTAA.

Animal02

Banned
Was the article edited? I read it, and it did not say “as a heterosexual student-athlete.” It said this:

“Lastly, Monroe said that ‘I was ostracized and often made to feel uncomfortable by coach Joseph as a consequence of my sexual orientation.’”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Included with the statement was a copy of a page from a Tech recruiting publication from the time of Joseph’s hire as head coach in which Monroe was quoted as saying, “Coach Joseph’s commitment and enthusiasm are exactly what we need in our program.”
Still think the truth lies somewhere in the middle between the two sides.