1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

So what did Joseph do?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by travgt01, Feb 27, 2019.

1. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Only need 1, not 26, to "beat" 25 if the 1 was "hit on" the basically run off, or if the 1 was otherwise assaulted.

GT's problem will be if they knew about it and did nothing.

GTFLETCH likes this.
  2. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

Spot On!

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Exactly. The accusation is not that CMJ abused the 25 people who gave her glowing reviews. That’s insulting. Imagine if your daughter was raped and the defense attorneys brought in several of your daughter’s friends and they all testified he never raped them. Someone else who wasn’t there, isn’t a witness has no bearing on what these people say happened to them.

GTFLETCH likes this.
  4. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

And while not knowing if our situation relates to theirs in any specific way, I see unc coach Hatchell resigned.

5. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

My gut reaction when I heard this was that she's protecting her pension.

tkh74 likes this.
  6. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

Probably paid her the last year of her contract and she resigned to avoid them not renewing after next year. Supposedly there were 4 players and parents that spoke up against her to the AD after the season was over.

7. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Checked the news wire and there hasn't been a peep from her lawyer in weeks. Her twitter feed is all inspirational quotes about moving on. I suspect this was all handled quietly in the end and is done. The last round of allegations probably took away any leverage she had.

8. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Seems reasonable. Hard to prove a negative though. Just have to sit and wait and hear if there's an announcement. If there's a non-disclosure, this will stay very quiet.

9. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

Pure speculation on my part - if there was a settlement we will never hear anything (or very little) about it

If there wasn't a settlement then we will hear about the court case in the coming months.

10. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

11. TheSilasSonRising

NorthsideJacket and GT_EE78 like this.
  12. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Agreed...cry me a river.....

13. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

Then the AD did his job! Just a shame if she was doing this throughout her tenure and it just now came to light... Sad.... Love the Fortner hire!

14. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

A local friend here in NC was a P5 women's basketball head coach for a while. She is retired now but follows the game closely. She is 100% positive about the Fortner hire.

15. ncjacket79

ncjacket79 Helluva Engineer

Agree. One of the more ridiculous articles/columns i’ve read on any topic. First of all she gives us a story from an unnamed “friend” claiming things that will get a program penalized by the NCAA and expenta everyone to believe nothing ever happens. Ever heard of Michigan and not keeping track of time limits? Not that they catch everyone but it’s it something you can just ignore. Then she decides she believes MJs story with no evidence and also explains away what the players claim happen. Complete BS

16. okiemon

okiemon Helluva Engineer

Some of the comments below that article miss the boat as well. One said, “I feel it’s short sighted to insinuate the NCAA...only choosing to go after programs that won't cause them to lose big time money.” Oh, really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. kurtinatlanta

kurtinatlanta Georgia Tech Fan

The distance between "juice" and "abuse" can be very short in the wrong hands.

18. TheSilasSonRising

Any news on m. joseph?

19. TheSilasSonRising

Bueller? Bueller?

20. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

It appears she won.