So what did Joseph do?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
From the ajc article:
"On Tuesday, attorneys representing Joseph released statements, social-media messages and text messages from about 25 former players, staff and parents in defense of Joseph."

GT attorneys better have at least 26 to testify if this is gonna be a jury trial. So far they only have a handful. Based just on press reports Joseph has a helluva case.
Only need 1, not 26, to "beat" 25 if the 1 was "hit on" the basically run off, or if the 1 was otherwise assaulted.

GT's problem will be if they knew about it and did nothing.

Deleted member 2897

Only need 1, not 26, to "beat" 25 if the 1 was "hit on" the basically run off, or if the 1 was otherwise assaulted.

GT's problem will be if they knew about it and did nothing.

Exactly. The accusation is not that CMJ abused the 25 people who gave her glowing reviews. That’s insulting. Imagine if your daughter was raped and the defense attorneys brought in several of your daughter’s friends and they all testified he never raped them. Someone else who wasn’t there, isn’t a witness has no bearing on what these people say happened to them.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My gut reaction when I heard this was that she's protecting her pension.
Probably paid her the last year of her contract and she resigned to avoid them not renewing after next year. Supposedly there were 4 players and parents that spoke up against her to the AD after the season was over.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Checked the news wire and there hasn't been a peep from her lawyer in weeks. Her twitter feed is all inspirational quotes about moving on. I suspect this was all handled quietly in the end and is done. The last round of allegations probably took away any leverage she had.

slugboy

Staff member
Checked the news wire and there hasn't been a peep from her lawyer in weeks. Her twitter feed is all inspirational quotes about moving on. I suspect this was all handled quietly in the end and is done. The last round of allegations probably took away any leverage she had.
Seems reasonable. Hard to prove a negative though. Just have to sit and wait and hear if there's an announcement. If there's a non-disclosure, this will stay very quiet.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems reasonable. Hard to prove a negative though. Just have to sit and wait and hear if there's an announcement. If there's a non-disclosure, this will stay very quiet.

Pure speculation on my part - if there was a settlement we will never hear anything (or very little) about it

If there wasn't a settlement then we will hear about the court case in the coming months.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Probably paid her the last year of her contract and she resigned to avoid them not renewing after next year. Supposedly there were 4 players and parents that spoke up against her to the AD after the season was over.
Then the AD did his job! Just a shame if she was doing this throughout her tenure and it just now came to light... Sad.... Love the Fortner hire!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely no “perspective” in that invective diatribe.
Agree. One of the more ridiculous articles/columns i’ve read on any topic. First of all she gives us a story from an unnamed “friend” claiming things that will get a program penalized by the NCAA and expenta everyone to believe nothing ever happens. Ever heard of Michigan and not keeping track of time limits? Not that they catch everyone but it’s it something you can just ignore. Then she decides she believes MJs story with no evidence and also explains away what the players claim happen. Complete BS

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Agree. One of the more ridiculous articles/columns i’ve read on any topic. First of all she gives us a story from an unnamed “friend” claiming things that will get a program penalized by the NCAA and expenta everyone to believe nothing ever happens. Ever heard of Michigan and not keeping track of time limits? Not that they catch everyone but it’s it something you can just ignore. Then she decides she believes MJs story with no evidence and also explains away what the players claim happen. Complete BS

Some of the comments below that article miss the boat as well. One said, “I feel it’s short sighted to insinuate the NCAA...only choosing to go after programs that won't cause them to lose big time money.” Oh, really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk