Sneak Peak

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I'm just going off of inexact crowd watching every year. I'd say around 8 out of every 10 are likely 50+. Obviously not an exact science but just seems to be an alarming trend.

Tech has the most laid back "geezer" fan base in the South. But it was that way in Dodd's time believe it or not. I sat in the West Stands with my parents and there were old folks as far as the eye can see. We need more young people badly. We need to make Tech something of a status symbol again.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
We are still going to follow a 90yr old car onto our 100+ yr old field. Plenty of respect is paid to our past but we need to take the opportunity with Adidas to shift the uniforms forward. Everybody has their favorite combination from their golden days. We can’t make them all work. Make what the kids want to wear. It’s no coincidence that when given the choice, they picked the white helmets.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
We are still going to follow a 90yr old car onto our 100+ yr old field. Plenty of respect is paid to our past but we need to take the opportunity with Adidas to shift the uniforms forward. Everybody has their favorite combination from their golden days. We can’t make them all work. Make what the kids want to wear. It’s no coincidence that when given the choice, they picked the white helmets.

My answer to this is to do what Georgia Southern has done.

Tech should have a traditional home and away uniform ( they should be different even if both have a white base).
They should have an alt Home uniform they where once a year, that changes every year
They should have at least two alt home getups. And one alternate away.
We should have a few more alt helmets.

My ideal home uniform is White base, Gold numbers outlined in Navy, GT on the neck with gold piping on the side and gold/ blue gold tri triping on the shoulders. With white pants with a gold blue gold piping down them.
My ideal way is a white base, with blue piping on the side, Blue numbers Gold pants, with White blue White Piping and no striping on the shoulder pads. Both of these with gold helmets.

My White out uniform is all white with Gold numbers, no piping and the pants are white with Gold White Gold piping. worn with White helmet with a gold blue gold strip down it.
My alt jersey color is Gold with White numbers, Blue white Blue striping on the shoulders, White on the side of the jersey into White pants with Blue Gold Blue piping worn with the white helmet.

My first crazy alt is the "Black Watch" uniform. This uniform is Gold jerseys with Black numbers, a black stripe down the helmet with a black GT, white pants, with Gold Black Gold piping and the words Black Watch, on the back instead of names.
My second is the Yellow Jacket Engineers uniform. This one is a pure throwback, White pants, Gold jersey with white numbers, the reads " Engineers" on the front, these are worn with a Gold helmet with No Interlocking GT.

We also have another helmet and uniform that takes the place of the "whacky greys bs" that recruits like and avoids a black uniform.

This uniform as Navy jersey's with gold white gold piping, Navy pants, with Gold White Gold Piping, white numbers, Gold piping down the side into the pants. and is worn with a Navy helmet with a white face mask and the Gold Interlocking GT. This is our version of a "black" uniform. We don't where it unless its a bowl game ( and to begin with a bowl game we are expected to win) the goal of this uniform is to send the message that when you play us in this " you will leave black and blue"

This gives us enough variation for recruiting without going to insane and outside of our norm. Our normal games will be in either white or gold

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m all for a metallic gold helmet once a year as well like Baylor or Wake wear. I think that, with an all white uni and gold numbers would look good too for a white out type game.
I’m all for simple though as our standard uniforms. The 2006 ACC championship game blue tops white bottoms and gold helmet is my favorite but like the poster above said, we need a few alternate combos (at least 2) during the season. Hell, I’d be all in for a black out type uniform with gold numbers trimmed in white with the Black watch helmets. It’s time we accept that the way to attract recruits and younger generation fans is to have a “buzz” with our look from time to time. We are not Alabama, Penn St or USC... Even 2 of the biggest names in college football, Michigan and Ohio St have stepped there alternate uniform game up. The 16-18 year old recruits and young side walk fans eat this **** up. That is who we need to cater too. Not the older fans. And yes, I consider myself old at 40!

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
because student pipeline population is always about the same with age groups (ie 3000-4000 new student fans each year that are aged 18). He has a good point. And the under 18 is due to UGA dominance....

More like under 30 sadly.. I'm 25 and grew up in Georgia and there's definitely wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more UGA fans in this age group. Go to the games and you won't find many people in that 20-40 age group that aren't students at GT.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I hope we go full Oregon with our new gear. Old geezers aren’t going to fill up Bobby Dodd. We are a technology institution and shouldn’t look like we are playing in the 20’s. We can't expect sidewalk fans to appreciate our traditions if we can’t even get their attention. I get the Bama has old school jerseys but we ain’t them. Even Buick/Cadillac figured out they couldn’t survive off of grandpa cars forever. Grandpas die. Their grandkids better like the merchandise. Shade of gold? Something that can be replicated on all kinds of materials. Navy blue? Absolutely. Give us options and lots of em.
Why not, it did wonders for Maryland. ;)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Tech has the most laid back "geezer" fan base in the South. But it was that way in Dodd's time believe it or not. I sat in the West Stands with my parents and there were old folks as far as the eye can see. We need more young people badly. We need to make Tech something of a status symbol again.
The recipe for this is simple read but damned hard to follow: win.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
^ not even talking about unis. Talking about promotion period. We do an awful job at marketing to the younger generation.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
My answer to this is to do what Georgia Southern has done.

Tech should have a traditional home and away uniform ( they should be different even if both have a white base).
They should have an alt Home uniform they where once a year, that changes every year
They should have at least two alt home getups. And one alternate away.
We should have a few more alt helmets.

My ideal home uniform is White base, Gold numbers outlined in Navy, GT on the neck with gold piping on the side and gold/ blue gold tri triping on the shoulders. With white pants with a gold blue gold piping down them.
My ideal way is a white base, with blue piping on the side, Blue numbers Gold pants, with White blue White Piping and no striping on the shoulder pads. Both of these with gold helmets.

My White out uniform is all white with Gold numbers, no piping and the pants are white with Gold White Gold piping. worn with White helmet with a gold blue gold strip down it.
My alt jersey color is Gold with White numbers, Blue white Blue striping on the shoulders, White on the side of the jersey into White pants with Blue Gold Blue piping worn with the white helmet.

My first crazy alt is the "Black Watch" uniform. This uniform is Gold jerseys with Black numbers, a black stripe down the helmet with a black GT, white pants, with Gold Black Gold piping and the words Black Watch, on the back instead of names.
My second is the Yellow Jacket Engineers uniform. This one is a pure throwback, White pants, Gold jersey with white numbers, the reads " Engineers" on the front, these are worn with a Gold helmet with No Interlocking GT.

We also have another helmet and uniform that takes the place of the "whacky greys bs" that recruits like and avoids a black uniform.

This uniform as Navy jersey's with gold white gold piping, Navy pants, with Gold White Gold Piping, white numbers, Gold piping down the side into the pants. and is worn with a Navy helmet with a white face mask and the Gold Interlocking GT. This is our version of a "black" uniform. We don't where it unless its a bowl game ( and to begin with a bowl game we are expected to win) the goal of this uniform is to send the message that when you play us in this " you will leave black and blue"

This gives us enough variation for recruiting without going to insane and outside of our norm. Our normal games will be in either white or gold

Guys, Stansbury says that our colors are white and gold, not blue. I hope he sticks to that because white and gold are our colors.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Guys, Stansbury says that our colors are white and gold, not blue. I hope he sticks to that because white and gold are our colors.

You are right and truly i wish we could get by with this but EVERYONE is going to these alt uniforms, grey outs blackouts etc We don't want to hamestring ourselves. Navy is a good compromise.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I am the the Only Tech fan at my school.
Same. At South, out of all the baseball, football, and basketball players 3 of us liked GT...3(me, Evan, Jalen). Everyone else was uga or Auburn, including all the teachers. The only other people who liked GT were in the IB program but they didn't like tech for the athletics, and I wouldn't doubt it they didn't even know sports existed here.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Same. At South, out of all the baseball, football, and basketball players 3 of us liked GT...3(me, Evan, Jalen). Everyone else was uga or Auburn, including all the teachers. The only other people who liked GT were in the IB program but they did not like tech for the athletics, and I wouldn't doubt it they even know sports existed here.
Yea NERDS