Sneak Peak

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it just me or does this not look like its that big of a difference from R. If you take away the adidas and put the R on these it wouldn't be a massive change. If its just me you can tell me, I will shutup and go away.

I have a feeling this is mostly to show off the fit of the uniform, rather than the details. IMHO, would be stupid for Adidas to release this as their "we are taking over this B*$%#" statement uniform. It's bland. More than likely they come out strong. We shall see...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling this is mostly to show off the fit of the uniform, rather than the details. IMHO, would be stupid for Adidas to release this as their "we are taking over this B*$%#" statement uniform. It's bland. More than likely they come out strong. We shall see...

It's already stated that those are just demos for recruiting purposes and not the final product we'll see when Adidas makes their GT field debut.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There was some pretty decent looking Russell stuff that could be on display to fit the bill for recruits to see. Much better than what has been trotted out so far. The mannequins, to begin with, are hideous. Were they provided by Adidas?

Are you seriously complaining about mannequins? Russell is poison for recruiting, no 18 year old kid wants to see that walmart crap.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Are you seriously complaining about mannequins? Russell is poison for recruiting, no 18 year old kid wants to see that walmart crap.
Yes the mannequins are hideous. One of them looks like a graphite-colored Colin Montgomery strolling down the streets of Edinburgh. Or a woman with some sort of mammary disease.
And some of the Russell stuff was much more than adequate. I doubt "Russell" is/was the least of our problems with 18 year olds (hint, hint).

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking forward to real jerseys we can buy instead of the bulls*** fake jerseys theyve had in past that look like they should sell for 5$

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Looking forward to real jerseys we can buy instead of the bulls*** fake jerseys theyve had in past that look like they should sell for 5$
Exactly! My hope is the GT marketing dept doesn’t hold us back on what Adidas can sell. There selection on eastbay and Adidas website is loaded with everything you could want from the Adidas schools. Football and Basketball jerseys, hoodies, jackets, T shirts, etc....
But I’m sure GT will find a way to f@#k it up.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
I hope we go full Oregon with our new gear. Old geezers aren’t going to fill up Bobby Dodd. We are a technology institution and shouldn’t look like we are playing in the 20’s. We can't expect sidewalk fans to appreciate our traditions if we can’t even get their attention. I get the Bama has old school jerseys but we ain’t them. Even Buick/Cadillac figured out they couldn’t survive off of grandpa cars forever. Grandpas die. Their grandkids better like the merchandise. Shade of gold? Something that can be replicated on all kinds of materials. Navy blue? Absolutely. Give us options and lots of em.

Milwaukee

Banned
I hope we go full Oregon with our new gear. Old geezers aren’t going to fill up Bobby Dodd. We are a technology institution and shouldn’t look like we are playing in the 20’s. We can't expect sidewalk fans to appreciate our traditions if we can’t even get their attention. I get the Bama has old school jerseys but we ain’t them. Even Buick/Cadillac figured out they couldn’t survive off of grandpa cars forever. Grandpas die. Their grandkids better like the merchandise. Shade of gold? Something that can be replicated on all kinds of materials. Navy blue? Absolutely. Give us options and lots of em.

And there it is...you can't make this stuff up with this fan base. J/k. Kinda.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Idk, I'm 26 and I know a pretty good amount of fans under 40. That would be an interesting thing to see, percentages of fans per age group.

I'm just going off of inexact crowd watching every year. I'd say around 8 out of every 10 are likely 50+. Obviously not an exact science but just seems to be an alarming trend.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m 40. When I moved to Michigan from ATL in 94 all the kids up here knew what the GT on my hat or Starter jacket was. Even the casual sports fans. You had rappers wearing hats or jackets in videos and Cuba Gooding Jr wearing a GT had in Boyz in the hood. It was a hot brand 20-25 years ago. Now no one has a clue outside of the SE what the GT stands for.(At least not anyone under 30) A lot has to do with the fact we’re irrelevant in hoops and football has been average in that time. (Granted we’ve had a few really good seasons)
But I feel like the school itself is responsible for the lack of branding. You can’t find a piece of GT appeal online unless you really search for it. Hopefully this changes drastically with the Adidas deal this upcoming summer.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Who are you calling an "old geezer"? You whippersnapper. Oh, me. OK carry on then.