Sneak Peak

Techster

Helluva Engineer
FYI these are just mockups. We asked for them for recruiting. They are not the new designs or unis. We already have some idiot fans calling them out on twitter and saying bring back Russell. They have no concept of recruiting and visits.

Our fans, lol. That's why GT can never have nice things...

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Anything is better than the R....but with a few touches and changes, these jerseys are dope!
I'm sorry to all the "tradition" people, but GT is going to get some needed swag!
*paging recruits*

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think some of you guys are missing the point. These uniforms will be a big departure in the quality of the materials and whatever swag edge that brings.

I think it was previously mentioned this was a good faith effort by adidas to give us SOMETHING to show recruits with the adidas logo to be clear that it’s coming.

This was a big win for ADTS and Adidas. Both needed a feel good moment given where they are with investigations and we are post season / early recruiting.

See the helpful examples previously posted of the change in visual aesthetic for Miami and ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Most of the fans of other addias schools seem to dislike the "tire tread" pattern on addias pants on https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/

I get this, but again we aren't the ones wearing them we just look at them. I'll be the first guy to admit I'm probably out if touch with what young kids are into these days, but I'm willing to bet Adidas has a better idea of what appeals. The uniforms are for recruits and we just have to trust them that they know what to do.

Milwaukee

Banned
I get this, but again we aren't the ones wearing them we just look at them. I'll be the first guy to admit I'm probably out if touch with what young kids are into these days, but I'm willing to bet Adidas has a better idea of what appeals. The uniforms are for recruits and we just have to trust them that they know what to do.

This is where I disagree. I'm also in the same boat as you where as I'm not hip to what 17yr olds want anymore, but classic is classic. "Swag" isn't a new look or weird looking gear, swag is a state of mind that comes from winning (being successful at something). Alabama has the most vanilla unis in all of football and their unis are the most beautiful thing on television. Tell me they don't have swag. They don't cater to what a 17yr old thinks is cool. But like others have said these are only a preview, nothing final yet.

Dear Adidas: We have 4 nattys, we have Grant Field, we have the Wreck. Please dont turn us into a USF with "hip uniforms that the recruits really love".

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This is where I disagree. I'm also in the same boat as you where as I'm not hip to what 17yr olds want anymore, but classic is classic. "Swag" isn't a new look or weird looking gear, swag is a state of mind that comes from winning (being successful at something). Alabama has the most vanilla unis in all of football and their unis are the most beautiful thing on television. Tell me they don't have swag. They don't cater to what a 17yr old thinks is cool. But like others have said these are only a preview, nothing final yet.

Dear Adidas: We have 4 nattys, we have Grant Field, we have the Wreck. Please dont turn us into a USF with "hip uniforms that the recruits really love".

This is the quintessential Tech thread. No other school has a fan base more consumed with uniform threads. I have my own preferences such as the "Calvin look" and the 1990 throwback blue with the gold helmets and white pants but my main concern is that we adopt one color scheme and/or logo and stick with it so it becomes identified with Georgia Tech the same way the "G" is UGA, the tiger paw is Clemson, the white uniforms and yellow gold helmets are LSU etc.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
I’m looking forward to uniforms that fit snuggly against the shoulder pads and don’t have that stretch satin garbage they’ve had since I played. How many times did we get pulled down by a lose fitting jersey? Hopefully the jerseys will be long enough to tuck in so we don’t have random t-shirts hanging out. I don’t see a well oiled battle machine when I see our current unis.

Milwaukee

Banned
This is the quintessential Tech thread. No other school has a fan base more consumed with uniform threads. I have my own preferences such as the "Calvin look" and the 1990 throwback blue with the gold helmets and white pants but my main concern is that we adopt one color scheme and/or logo and stick with it so it becomes identified with Georgia Tech the same way the "G" is UGA, the tiger paw is Clemson, the white uniforms and yellow gold helmets are LSU etc.

Agree. I think we already have it in the gold helmet with the white GT logo. That's recognized worldwide and it looks money.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Agree. I think we already have it in the gold helmet with the white GT logo. That's recognized worldwide and it looks money.

Yes it is universally recognizable. Now go away and quit bothering us while we are arguing about shades of gold, white pants, and what not.

Animal02

Banned
The GT logo is recognized world wide. I was in Romania, Peru, and China wearing a polo with just a GT and people came up to me saying Georgia Tech. They had better not touch that logo.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The GT logo is recognized world wide. I was in Romania, Peru, and China wearing a polo with just a GT and people came up to me saying Georgia Tech. They had better not touch that logo.

The one thing we got going for us in marketing and sure as a gun some nitwit will want to tinker with it.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
...These are just to display so recruits know they won’t be stuck with Russell.
There was some pretty decent looking Russell stuff that could be on display to fit the bill for recruits to see. Much better than what has been trotted out so far. The mannequins, to begin with, are hideous. Were they provided by Adidas?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
usa-today-8077107.0.0.jpg

For the Navy Pants haters, please tell me how this is a bad look and don't tell me it's because Tech's never done it before.