Shapiro needs to let it go

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we’ll be fine in the future on DL. Especially if these guys are as good of recruiters as CGC makes them out to be. Maybe not this year, but I won’t judge until I see us play. Coleman may not have been a coach but he sure as hell has NFL experience (which appeals to a lot of kids). Dixon has a lot more experience as a D-Line coach (Defensive coaching in general) than you think. Pretty sure his time at Cincinnati and Tennessee were on the DL even though he was a Grad assistant.

View attachment 5721
View attachment 5722
And I meant to say Knight when I wrote this, not Dixon

Scubapro

Banned
Trevor Lawarence is the real deal. As a freshman he would have been the first pick of the NFL draft. He is tall and very athletic. Most accurate arm that I have witnessed in high school ever. His supporting staff is very good.
Don't forget about the national championship game. We aren't Alabama. He will be a year better and we will be installing a new defense.
We will not be good on the offensive side of the ball. Those of you who think we will be okay are mistaken. We looked okay versus a mediocre defense playing its base adjustments.

Serious question.
How much interaction was there between Coach Collins and Coach Tenuta?
Any?
I would love to see us return to that aggressive style of defense.

My opinion,
That was one of Paul's worst mistakes.
He should have done everything he could to keep Tenuta.
Swallow a little pride.
Tenuda was the biggest reason for the division between the offense and defense on the 2006 and 07 teams. No excuse for this...AT ALL. Tenuda's D was a torpedo, if it hit then it was great...when it missed there was no recovering.