Shapiro needs to let it go

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No one liked paul that didnt get him. The sissy butthurt types were really put off by him easily. Pauls worst enemy at times was paul. He never saw that though. He had an opinion and a strong one which made him kinda cool if u ask me. He stood for something in a world where everything has become grey. We need more pauls and less steaks.

With that said paul coulda still been paul and tried to embrace outside gt and some new trends. But. Thats what made paul, paul.

Still some of the best moments in my life with gt ball were under him. And GOL.

So he earned my appreciation.

If collins plays for 3 ACC championships. Wins one. Plays for two orange bowls. Wins one. He will be legendary. We just did that. But we did it pauls way which upset some.
PREACH IT!!!!!!! AMEN!!!! And well said. I can see how some didn't get him but I loved him and he was an offensive genius and winner. His record will be more respected as time goes on.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
@Techster - Just kidding, thought it'd be a cheap pop of a laugh for you.

giphy.gif

Animal02

Banned
Media and fans started getting tired of PJ and his personality the moment he started to struggle. That's not a PJ thing, that's the "what have you done for me lately" world we live in. If it wasn't his personality, media and fans would've nitpicked other things about him I'm sure cause that's what fans and media do.

Right now, fans and media are still in the honeymoon phase of the Collins tenure, but I'm certain that if 4-5 years from now, he's going 6-6 or 7-5, fans and media will be tired of his "shtick" about the Waffle House and the 404.
Yep....it will be the same ones who have been projecting the mulripmu 5* recruits and playing for multiple NCs. :rolleyes:

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I still think a lot of the antipathy local sports talk guys had for CPJ stems from the intellectual beat down he gave Chernoff one day when Matt tried a gotcha line of questioning
His problem with Ken was his going around his back to get injury information. But Ken, in many of his post PJ stories, has gone out of his way to be complimentary to PJ
Quinlan by all accounts got along great with PJ and had a tremendous amount of respect for him
If you missed the We Never Played the Game podcast Schultz and Klein did with PJ, it was terrific. And as PJ said when he was leaving, he tried to accommodate every interview request. And as someone who brokered him getting on an out of Atlanta market station, I can attest to that

Last edited:

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It’s easy to be cool with the media when you haven’t lost a game yet. We’ll see how he reacts (and how they react) when we take a bad loss.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I would hope CGC won't suffer fools or jerks well either. If he does, it won't be a strength for the program. Look, it's ALL about the winning and Paul's personality will and has been used against him when a season didn't go well. Guess what, CGC's enthusiasm/social media skills/marketing/hype etc. will be used against him in a big way, without da wins. He will be a big hat with no cattle. Paul's career had plenty of cattle. CGC has a big hat and has yet to amass the cattle, but even the most doubtful among the faithful YJs have to admit that he is off to a good start. CBR said it well in that patience is needed. Said patience will be at an end with the 2021 season. The corral should be full of cattle come late November 2021 or the big hat will be uncomfortable, and Steak will bark more loudly and obnoxiously than he does now.

GT11

GT Athlete
Yes, Chris Dimino and Nick Cellini were in on the skit, as well, although Dimino seemed uncomfortable with it. The whole thing ended up causing 790 to drop the sports talk format and eventually most of the on-air "talent" migrated to 680
Hell they know everything, just ask them

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I would hope CGC won't suffer fools or jerks well either. If he does, it won't be a strength for the program. Look, it's ALL about the winning and Paul's personality will and has been used against him when a season didn't go well. Guess what, CGC's enthusiasm/social media skills/marketing/hype etc. will be used against him in a big way, without da wins. He will be a big hat with no cattle. Paul's career had plenty of cattle. CGC has a big hat and has yet to amass the cattle, but even the most doubtful among the faithful YJs have to admit that he is off to a good start. CBR said it well in that patience is needed. Said patience will be at an end with the 2021 season. The corral should be full of cattle come late November 2021 or the big hat will be uncomfortable, and Steak will bark more loudly and obnoxiously than he does now.
For some reason I am really craving a nice big T-bone after reading this...

Animal02

Banned
I agree except for having patience until '21. There is absolutely no reason to accept tossing away a couple of seasons.