Shapiro needs to let it go

LibertyTurns

Banned
How do you figure? It’s not a juice contest.
It’s the first game of the season. Clemp always starts slow. They have no idea what we’re running on offense or what D we’ll run or what tendencies we’ll have. Our D will have practiced against our offense for the first time in over a decade. We’ll be better coached on both sides of the ball.

We may not win, but we’re not going to get crushed.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s the first game of the season. Clemp always starts slow. They have no idea what we’re running on offense or what D we’ll run or what tendencies we’ll have. Our D will have practiced against our offense for the first time in over a decade. We’ll be better coached on both sides of the ball.

Trevor Lawarence is the real deal. As a freshman he would have been the first pick of the NFL draft. He is tall and very athletic. Most accurate arm that I have witnessed in high school ever. His supporting staff is very good.
Don't forget about the national championship game. We aren't Alabama. He will be a year better and we will be installing a new defense.
We will not be good on the offensive side of the ball. Those of you who think we will be okay are mistaken. We looked okay versus a mediocre defense playing its base adjustments.

Serious question.
How much interaction was there between Coach Collins and Coach Tenuta?
Any?
I would love to see us return to that aggressive style of defense.

My opinion,
That was one of Paul's worst mistakes.
He should have done everything he could to keep Tenuta.
Swallow a little pride.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Trevor Lawarence is the real deal. As a freshman he would have been the first pick of the NFL draft. He is tall and very athletic. Most accurate arm that I have witnessed in high school ever. His supporting staff is very good.
Don't forget about the national championship game. We aren't Alabama. He will be a year better and we will be installing a new defense.
We will not be good on the offensive side of the ball. Those of you who think we will be okay are mistaken. We looked okay versus a mediocre defense playing its base adjustments.

Serious question.
Any?

My opinion,
Swallow a little pride.
So it’s Paul’s fault Tenuta packed his bags after he got snubbed for the HC job? Now I’ve heard everything. Iirc, PJ wanted him to stay on.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck

Better coached on offense!?@#$! Too many waffles?

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck

Serious question.
Any?

My opinion,
Swallow a little pride.
Tenuta was like a Hurricane--the eye was perfect weather, the rest of it sucked. He wouldn't/couldn't recruit--not compatible with CGC style.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I hope you are right, i think we lose by 30

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How do you figure? It’s not a juice contest.
It isnt a juice contest on the field.

But in building the programs both use the juice - relentless positivity (sic) . Using their demonstrated success based on RP Clemson has closed thier recuiting class.

Gt has had early success landing the core of of its class.

Now we can focus on keeping in touch w the commits , getting a few more commits and building relationships for 21 recruits and beyond.

Things are progressing well except for DL where we have minimal returning depth and a coach who is a NFL star w no dl coaching experience. ( first dl coach got better job). The next biggest problem is all the players think they are potentially ATL as they compare themselves to others currently on the team.

Not sure why u feel u should belittle those of us gt fan minions who enjoy the "hype, juice, mantra," .

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

But in building the programs both use the juice - relentless positivity (sic) . Using their demonstrated success based on RP Clemson has closed thier recuiting class.

Now we can focus on keeping in touch w the commits , getting a few more commits and building relationships for 21 recruits and beyond.

Things are progressing well except for DL where we have minimal returning depth and a coach who is a NFL star w no dl coaching experience. ( first dl coach got better job). The next biggest problem is all the players think they are potentially ATL as they compare themselves to others currently on the team.

Not sure why u feel u should belittle those of us gt fan minions who enjoy the "hype, juice, mantra," .
Not belittling, just wanting to understand his thought process. So far, the only tangible gain from last year is juice level.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Did you guys hear the Salisbury-man talk about Tech this morning? The other two (Sandra and what's his name) were both very positive about the Spring game and what's going on with Collins. The bald one's comment when he told about the play with Clavin and JoeHam was: "What a fail."

What a loser.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow

Coleman is not the DL coach FWIW

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes I thing part of our own fanbase wants us to suck just so they can say "told you so" and have something to bit** about ...
It's hard to believe any true GT fan would have anything to dislike about our current HC and Staff and the direction they are heading us in ...
I don't believe there is a single person on this board who thought GT in 2020 (or ever) could possibly reel-in a Top 10 recruiting class !
We may lose to Clemson in that first game, but I think they better show-up to play football and not just to celebrate their 2019 Natty !

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coleman is not the DL coach FWIW
Ya got me on the Titles - titles - titles.

Marco Coleman is de and outside lb coach and Larry knight is dl and defensive recruiting coordinator. Sevearal articles said Coleman was dl coach.

My point was dl players have little experience as do our coach for dl. Adding knight adds how many years of dl coaching experience? 0. He has 2 years at Temple as admin, player devlopment, then lb coach.

DL is going to be an adventure.

I hope that we are through w the lb blitz utm and will be using the DE and olb or db for blitz.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Ya got me on the Titles - titles - titles.

Marco Coleman is de and outside lb coach and Larry knight is dl and defensive recruiting coordinator. Sevearal articles said Coleman was dl coach.

My point was dl players have little experience as do our coach for dl. Adding knight adds how many years of dl coaching experience? 0. He has 2 years at Temple as admin, player devlopment, then lb coach.

DL is going to be an adventure.

I hope that we are through w the lb blitz utm and will be using the DE and olb or db for blitz.
I think we’ll be fine in the future on DL. Especially if these guys are as good of recruiters as CGC makes them out to be. Maybe not this year, but I won’t judge until I see us play. Coleman may not have been a coach but he sure as hell has NFL experience (which appeals to a lot of kids). Dixon has a lot more experience as a D-Line coach (Defensive coaching in general) than you think. Pretty sure his time at Cincinnati and Tennessee were on the DL even though he was a Grad assistant.

41D7C041-1761-4C7D-92D4-70BBA98DA25F.png

85800147-3705-420F-B0D1-61656A41BEC1.png

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Sometimes I thing part of our own fanbase wants us to suck just so they can say "told you so" and have something to bit** about ...
It's hard to believe any true GT fan would have anything to dislike about our current HC and Staff and the direction they are heading us in ...
I don't believe there is a single person on this board who thought GT in 2020 (or ever) could possibly reel-in a Top 10 recruiting class !
We may lose to Clemson in that first game, but I think they better show-up to play football and not just to celebrate their 2019 Natty !
There are a lot of people who would rather be right and miserable than wrong and happy. This always has been and always will be true.

It is also easy to like a coach with a 0-0 record.