"...Set the Clock to 13 Seconds and RESTART AT READY FOR PLAY."

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand why we didn’t use a time out to prevent the run off. Collins should know the rule and could have clarified with the official on the sideline. He blew it and should just own it.

As for Dave P, I think he is in over his head. Collins raves about how innovative he is, but I have not seen it. I see a coach that can’t determine where we have a schematic/skill advantage and exploit it. He has been coaching this team from spring until now. We should have a set of plays that we can execute at a high enough level to beat Citadel.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Power I? I have not seen Wyoming, but if that's what you mean, why is it brutal? It was the go-to formation for some pretty successful programs....

Brutal=good. No I mean the play "power".

You can run it out of I, you can run it out of spread you can run it out of almost anything where you have a lead blocking back.

Full-back kicks out the defensive end, backside guard pulls around and hits first wrong color, everybody else down blocks. Devastatingly simple, no frills, no deception, just point of attack blasting.

Bohl runs power and counter over and over and over again. He's got some stuff he dresses it up with, but I guarantee you on day one of practice they spend an hour each on power and counter

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
So, if the ref said over the PA, if Tech takes a knee, they get 6 points.

Then, we should have done it because of what they said...???

What a ref says over the PA can’t change a bedrock rule of the sport.

Silly.

If PA not important then ref has no need to be able to access it with the equipment he is given for that exact purpose.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Again, what is GT strength? Screaming Bill Lewis are 3 games ridiculous
Running the ball.... Screaming Bill Lewis because after an off season off hype about how all are players are stronger from Conditioning program and then watching them get waxed... Makes no sense.... Something needs to change.... I would vote for Coaching staff to quit worrying about juice crew dances and money down crap and start gamep around our best player... Tobias Oliver....

The simple fact that CGC, CBK (run game cord) CDP can not figure out how to start and use Our best player besides Kickoff returns is really disappointing and shows that unlike the Wyoming Coaching staff we might have a bunch of clowns on the offense coaching side of the ball...I mean Brent Key did go winless at UCF as OC...

I am tired if hearing hype... Game plan your best players...Or be Bill Lewis

Last edited:

GTFLETCH

Banned
There are some amongst us (who will remain unnamed) who this morning wonder idly what our program would have been like if Monken had succeeded CPJ. Just idle fantasizing, of course....but can Army out-recruit GT?

I think it is safe to say we do not need a TO scheme .. AD TStan has turned the page... The defense is improving we may just need an OC that can game plan for the best players we have. After three games everyone but Coach Collins can tell rotating QBs is not the way forward, but coaches can be stubborn (see CPJ)

So the question is how many fans and recruits would we lose before Tucker Gleason arrives on the flats if the staff keeps rotating QBs all season let long??

I am 100 positive that Tucker will start day 1 barring injury... I am basing that on how the current trio of QBs have been treated...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Silly.

If PA not important then ref has no need to be able to access it with the equipment he is given for that exact purpose.

The PA is mainly for the benefit of the fans. The official appears to say that the clock starts at ready to play. I have no idea why Collins and reporters thought they heard something else. Why go with a long cadence in that situation anyway? The game is on the line, get up there, snap the ball, and don’t let the D adjust to the formation.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Running the ball.... Screaming Bill Lewis because after an off season off hype about how all are players are stronger from Conditioning program and then watching them get waxed... Makes no sense.... Something needs to change.... I would vote for Coaching staff to quit worrying about juice crew dances and money down crap and start gamep around our best player... Tobias Oliver....

The simple fact that CGC, CBK (run game cord) CDP can not figure out how to start and use Our best player besides Kickoff returns is really disappointing and shows that unlike the Wyoming Coaching staff we might have a bunch of clowns on the offense side if the ball...I mean Brent Key did go winless at UCF as OC...

I am tired if hearing hype... Game plan your best players...Or be Bill Lewis

Lol it does make sense. Don’t confuse strength with leverage. The citadel got under our pads and burrowed their way to 3yds a pop. We did it for 11yrs.

It’s hard to use your best player strength when he’s limited in other facets. If you want us to run TO 30 gm then have at it bc he won’t last long.

I’ve said from Day 1, Graham should be our starter and TO some wildcat here and there. Never been a fan of having too many voices in the huddle.

Coaching was indeed horrendous, and imo, the defense was because i know the identity of that side of the ball and we played the complete opposite what we preached

QuickKick

Georgia Tech Fan
The most disappointing thing is how physically weak we are. How many first downs did The Citadel get where we had them stopped and they just pushed right through. How many times did our OL get whipped up front?

Physical inferiority against Clemson is one thing but against The Citadel. We have one of the top strength coaches in the nation and these guys are still this soft? How is that possible?
Soft and undisciplined. Why are Tech players talking smack and standing over Citadel players like we're Thug U?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Lol it does make sense. Don’t confuse strength with leverage. The citadel got under our pads and burrowed their way to 3yds a pop. We did it for 11yrs.

It’s hard to use your best player strength when he’s limited in other facets. If you want us to run TO 30 gm then have at it bc he won’t last long.

I’ve said from Day 1, Graham should be our starter and TO some wildcat here and there. Never been a fan of having too many voices in the huddle.

Coaching was indeed horrendous, and imo, the defense was because i know the identity of that side of the ball and we played the complete opposite what we preached
Who got hurt Saturday? TO or LJ??? Was TO in a boot or James Graham??? How do you know TO as starter will not work when LJ has started the last two games?

I know we just need more branding, slogans, marketing! Thats what makes winners lol! Money Down! 404! Waffle house!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Who got hurt Saturday? TO or LJ??? Was TO in a boot or James Graham??? How do you know TO as starter will not work when LJ has started the last two games?

I know we just need more branding, slogans, marketing! Thats what makes winners lol! Money Down! 404! Waffle house!

Well we are ****ty brand that need(ed) revitalizing.

Bc unlike you I’ve been to 3 to 4 practices and live scrimmages. If TO can successfully run thru 7-9 man boxes that he’ll constantly see as a starter then get his Heisman speech ready

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it is safe to say we do not need a TO scheme .. AD TStan has turned the page... The defense is improving we may just need an OC that can game plan for the best players we have. After three games everyone but Coach Collins can tell rotating QBs is not the way forward, but coaches can be stubborn (see CPJ)

So the question is how many fans and recruits would we lose before Tucker Gleason arrives on the flats if the staff keeps rotating QBs all season let long??

I am 100 positive that Tucker will start day 1 barring injury... I am basing that on how the current trio of QBs have been treated...
Do you people proclaiming Gleason to be the QB savior even follow high school football or recruiting? Don't get me wrong, I hope he is the next coming of Joe Ham but he is 0-3 so far this year and has career stats of 58% completion percentage and 86 passing yards per game. Not rooting against the kid but some of you people are putting ridiculously unrealistic expectations on him.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Well we are ****ty brand that need(ed) revitalizing.

Bc unlike you I’ve been to 3 to 4 practices and live scrimmages. If TO can successfully run thru 7-9 man boxes that he’ll constantly see as a starter then get his Heisman speech ready
Begs the question of how TO averaged over 8 yards per carry yesterday and over 5 ypc last week. Why are we running the ball out of the shotgun on 3rd and short against 7-9 man boxes?

Also, why no screens or sweeps to Brown, the fastest player on the team? He touched the ball once yesterday. Where is the plan to get your best playmakers the ball in space?

Regarding branding, yesterday's game has been on every highlight show I have seen thus far, with ample time spent on the coaching decision during the last play of regulation. We're certainly well on our way to developing a new brand...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The most disappointing thing is how physically weak we are. How many first downs did The Citadel get where we had them stopped and they just pushed right through. How many times did our OL get whipped up front?

Physical inferiority against Clemson is one thing but against The Citadel. We have one of the top strength coaches in the nation and these guys are still this soft? How is that possible?

It takes more than 1 year to get unsoft and stronger?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Begs the question of how TO averaged over 8 yards per carry yesterday and over 5 ypc last week. Why are we running the ball out of the shotgun on 3rd and short against 7-9 man boxes?

Also, why no screens or sweeps to Brown, the fastest player on the team? He touched the ball once yesterday. Where is the plan to get your best playmakers the ball in space?

Regarding branding, yesterday's game has been on every highlight show I have seen thus far, with ample time spent on the coaching decision during the last play of regulation. We're certainly well on our way to developing a new brand...
We are a shotgun spread team now period, we are not going back to the option. Other teams get short yardage out of the shotgun, i’ve witnessed it happen against us a 100 freaking times. Additionally i’ve seen us get stuffed more times than i can count on short yardage runs from under center. The formation is not the problem, it’s the execution, the players, the coaching. It’s making the change from 11 years of option fb and option recruiting to the new offense, it was never gong to be easy.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We are a shotgun spread team now period, we are not going back to the option. Other teams get short yardage out of the shotgun, i’ve witnessed it happen against us a 100 freaking times. Additionally i’ve seen us get stuffed more times than i can count on short yardage runs from under center. The formation is not the problem, it’s the execution, the players, the coaching. It’s making the change from 11 years of option fb and option recruiting to the new offense, it was never gong to be easy.
False, I was informed by our HC and OC that we are a pro-style offense, and we certainly have plays from under center in the playbook that we choose not to run on 3rd and short.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
#1, use our last timeout instead of running 10 seconds off the clock
#2, use the timeout to call the next 3 PASS plays and field goal on down 4 if needed
#3, any well coached team should be able to run 3 pass plays to the end zone in 25 seconds and still have time to kick the field goal if needed
CGC should know better.
Exactly!!!! I don't care what the ref said, never should have been in this position. Coach has to know the damn rules.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Do you people proclaiming Gleason to be the QB savior even follow high school football or recruiting? Don't get me wrong, I hope he is the next coming of Joe Ham but he is 0-3 so far this year and has career stats of 58% completion percentage and 86 passing yards per game. Not rooting against the kid but some of you people are putting ridiculously unrealistic expectations on him.
I am just giving the coaches benefit of the doubt on why they are rotating QBs... I mean if we rotate QBs based on their strengths...(Tobias runs...LJ throws) defense will defend it...So the coaches must really be down on our QBs since they are not picking 1 and developing one... So Gleason is the only QB recruit...maybe there is a transfer..

Only way to explain this coaching snafu