"...Set the Clock to 13 Seconds and RESTART AT READY FOR PLAY."

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
How about two running backs and the running QB, lots of option, under center snaps in short yardage and red zone to start. Work on some misdirection/reverses, screens, swing passes and occasional bombs to loosen up the D. Go for it on 4th down and 5 or less on the 35 or so. That would be a start. No more gimmicks. Get tough and get serious about moving the chains.

What gimmick have they been running?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
To those wondering why Tobias took 8 or so seconds to snap the ball, you have to factor in the offensive scheme. That is we line up, the QB looks at how the defense is aligned (pre-snap read) then he has to look over to the sidelines to get the actual play signaled in by one of a possible 5 to 10 guys jumping up and down on the sideline who may or may not be the signal man, then based on that he has to shout the play out to the rest of the offensive players and wait for their acknowledgment that they have it, then if the defense shifts or moves the QB must adjust the play and re communicate that to the players and wait for acknowledgement that they got the change and then clap his hands 2 or 3 or 4 times to remind the Center to snap the ball. It's a wonder it only took 8 seconds. This is a bit tongue in cheek, but basically you take away the QB's ability to operate on possible situational awareness and football instinct when you rely on such a asinine, inane process to call a play.

That is further compounded by the fact you are trying to teach this to 3 different guys hoping at least one of them may grasp it and actually embrace it, master it and run it like a well oiled machine.

Go Jackets!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
To those wondering why Tobias took 8 or so seconds to snap the ball, you have to factor in the offensive scheme. That is we line up, the QB looks at how the defense is aligned (pre-snap read) then he has to look over to the sidelines to get the actual play signaled in by one of a possible 5 to 10 guys jumping up and down on the sideline who may or may not be the signal man, then based on that he has to shout the play out to the rest of the offensive players and wait for their acknowledgment that they have it, then if the defense shifts or moves the QB must adjust the play and re communicate that to the players and wait for acknowledgement that they got the change and then clap his hands 2 or 3 or 4 times to remind the Center to snap the ball. It's a wonder it only took 8 seconds. This is a bit tongue in cheek, but basically you take away the QB's ability to operate on possible situational awareness and football instinct when you rely on such a asinine, inane process to call a play.

That is further compounded by the fact you are trying to teach this to 3 different guys hoping at least one of them may grasp it and actually embrace it, master it and run it like a well oiled machine.

Go Jackets!

Coach said they have a quicker cadence for instances when the clock was running. We were not doing that because of the confusion over when the clock started.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
On replay, citadel defense stopped playing at the whistle. Not sure if he would have scored otherwise
What I'm confused by is who acknowledged the timeout? You can see CGC signalling the TO and probably yelling for it, but the closest ref to him never does anything to make me think it's been acknowledged. I agree, it should have never come down to this though. If we don't commit those dumb unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, and we keep them out of the end zone at the end of the first half, it all would have been different.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn’t like it but understand it.

This is a tough one. The timeout was taken and at least 3 defensive players slowed up. No doubt he makes it to the 10 but the safeties and at least one corner let up. Knowing TO's ping pong abilities he scores but hard to tell.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Another thing to consider is the situation. Rules caused this particular series of issues. When we got down there, there was a fake snap penalty that caused a 10 sec run off. I think its possible that CGC was still thinking about that run off. I don't think there was another actual snap between that penalty and the time out. Like in the game CGC continued to be confused in the press conference

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
What gimmick have they been running?

Oliver lining up at WR and running sweeps behind the QB presnap is a little “gimmicky” I suppose. I liked that wrinkle though. A lot of things for the defense to think about. Not least of which is Oliver taking the pitch and ramming it down their throats.

But I’ve never liked plays being called gimmicks anyway. Somehow it started applying to any misdirection. The way people throw the term around today, Play Action might as well be called a gimmick.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Oliver lining up at WR and running sweeps behind the QB presnap is a little “gimmicky” I suppose. I liked that wrinkle though. A lot of things for the defense to think about. Not least of which is Oliver taking the pitch and ramming it down their throats.

But I’ve never liked the term gimmick anyway. Somehow it started applying to any misdirection. The way people throw it around today, Play Action might as well be called a gimmick.

I don't think of that play as a gimmick.

I think the swinging gate like formation is. I think having the QB pointing and talking to linemen as he walks behind them just so that you can snap the ball directly to a running back is a gimmick.