Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9 or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Without looking, I’m going to say we play twice as many 8 regular season win teams as they do. (With the usual caveat that I am frequently wrong.)

I wasn't implying nor saying that their schedule was harder than ours.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Ok, why not. Let's get rid of the gold tinted glasses and throw it out there.
Here we go
Acorn St W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L but damn close
BG W
UL W
Duke W Better be because this is the only game I can get to
VT W
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA L we lose this thing in overtime, shades of 2013

Logic, Tech is going to be really good this year. Senior A backs, experienced
QB, Deep and strong at B-back. Camp is going to be a monster receiver. The O-line is going to be nasty.

New D will be Tenutta like with young but talented secondary and linebackers to kill.
Punter is all-American. Questions, kicking.

Our opposition
Acorn um let's keep the game reasonable
USF Lost their entire offense and half their defense and has never faced us.
Pitt lost a lot and if the same as last year, slow on defense
Clemson. Nothing to say here but maybe Grant Field magic, shades of 2011
BG 2-10 last year
UL Lost their entire offense
Duke Just stop that big quarterback from running on us.
VT The offense is not very good and they lost every defensive player they had.
UNC Fedora is still re-building, in maybe his last stint as the coach
Miami. They went 0-3 in their last three games and frankly could have and should have lost three more. We have them in Atlanta
UVA Should be a blow out
UGA Yea Yea they have a bunch of Freshman. But they really aren't any better than what Richt recruited. 30 everybody forgets that number. They lost 30 Seniors from the team last year and a few Juniors. Senior laden teams win. This team is no different than the 8-4 team from the year before last. I only put this game as an L because we always mess one up and this may be the one.

Respectfully, I disagree. I predicted 7 wins on another thread and I will stick with it. We play three top 10 teams in Miami, UGA, and Clemson. Our recruiting is getting better but we still do not have playmakers on either side of the ball compared to past years such as Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, DJ White, JT5, Dwyer, Roddy, Bey Bey, Waller, DeAndre Smelter, etc. It is very hard to play teams with more talent and beat them by controlling the clock, creating and taking advantage of turnovers, limiting penalties and winning field position. It can be done but hard to accomplish when you are recruiting in the 50s against people routinely getting top 20 classes. Not impossible, mind you, just difficult and the stars have to be aligned just right. We will see what Coach Woody hath wrought. It should be fun and entertaining. I do like the way our schedule sets up with three of our lesser opponents first. This will give our triple option time to get the wheels moving. If we don't have it clicking by the fourth game it might be a long season. If those of you predicting 9 or 10 game seasons want to see that come to fruition...win the first three games and we will talk.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Respectfully, I disagree. I predicted 7 wins on another thread and I will stick with it. We play three top 10 teams in Miami, UGA, and Clemson. Our recruiting is getting better but we still do not have playmakers on either side of the ball compared to past years such as Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, DJ White, JT5, Dwyer, Roddy, Bey Bey, Waller, DeAndre Smelter, etc. It is very hard to play teams with more talent and beat them by controlling the clock, creating and taking advantage of turnovers, limiting penalties and winning field position. It can be done but hard to accomplish when you are recruiting in the 50s against people routinely getting top 20 classes. Not impossible, mind you, just difficult and the stars have to be aligned just right. We will see what Coach Woody hath wrought. It should be fun and entertaining. I do like the way our schedule sets up with three of our lesser opponents first. This will give our triple option time to get the wheels moving. If we don't have it clicking by the fourth game it might be a long season. If those of you predicting 9 or 10 game seasons want to see that come to fruition...win the first three games and we will talk.
I COMPLETELY agree with this. I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves predicting a 10 win season as some are. We return some good ( not great ) talent. Our OL is STILL a great worry for me - many have said it is "nasty ". It may look nasty against Alcorn and USF and BG , but IF , and it's a big IF, it can get to the meat of the schedule relatively unscathed, then I think we have a good chance to go 8-4 and get to a decent bowl. Not enough playmakers yet on both sides of the ball to do much more, IMO.

Deleted member 2897

I wasn't implying nor saying that their schedule was harder than ours.

They have done the work necessary to make it appear easier to the casual observer.

I wasn’t trying to attack you or your main points. It’s just that the numbers behind the schedules don’t lie. I mean, a 6 win opponent seems easier than a 10 win opponent to the casual observer for a reason.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
We like to laugh about georgia’s easy schedule, but Clemson has them beat in spades.

What? They're playing USC (probably 2nd place team in the SEC EAST, whatever that means) and TAMU (Jimbo HC there now, we'll see if his conservative style works there) OOC, which is pretty close to what we're doing. And they're probably in the strongest division in CFB (although they're a pretty big part of it).

They're basically following our model for scheduling for OOC, and you can't really fault them for in-conference games.

I do think Louisville takes a step back this year, more so because of who they lost on D than losing Lamar. FSU will be better this year, if nothing else Jimbo's conservative style won't hold back the playmaking ability they have. And Cam Akers in the spread is going to be scary for opposing defenses.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
An FYI on USF:

USF beat 9 FBS teams last year; those 9 teams had a combined record of 34-77, a winning percentage of .30. USF beat one FBS team with a winning record last year, the Temple Owls, who went 7-6. USF did beat Stony Brook, who had a winning record in the FCS.

USF may very well beat us, but the majority of teams in college football would have won 10 games last year with USF's schedule.

Deleted member 2897

What? They're playing USC (probably 2nd place team in the SEC EAST, whatever that means) and TAMU (Jimbo HC there now, we'll see if his conservative style works there) OOC, which is pretty close to what we're doing. And they're probably in the strongest division in CFB (although they're a pretty big part of it).

They're basically following our model for scheduling for OOC, and you can't really fault them for in-conference games.

I do think Louisville takes a step back this year, more so because of who they lost on D than losing Lamar. FSU will be better this year, if nothing else Jimbo's conservative style won't hold back the playmaking ability they have. And Cam Akers in the spread is going to be scary for opposing defenses.

Right, they loaded up on SEC games. Quickest way to an easy schedule. :)

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Beginning with 2012, in even years our FBS record is 24-14. In odd years, it's 12-21. Twice as many wins in even years than odd years.

It's an even year. Draw your own conclusions.

We always settle back to .500 with the next odd year, so be careful what you wish for.

Deleted member 2897

Beginning with 2012, in even years our FBS record is 24-14. In odd years, it's 12-21. Twice as many wins in even years than odd years.

We always settle back to .500 with the next odd year, so be careful what you wish for.

We won the Coastal in 2006 / 2009 / 2012 / 2014. Smells like a repeatable series where 2018 fits in somehow. 3 yrs apart / 3 yrs apart / 2 years apart / 4 years apart to get it back to an average of every 3 years.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Acorn St W
USF W - The Bulls are weak in the middle of their DL. That is the key spot for defending the TO. Their offense could be trouble for us.
Pitt W
Clemson L - not close. I hope we do not suffer too many physical or emotional injuries.
BG W
UL W - Closer than we might want
Duke W - Why are the Dookies so much trouble for us?
VT L - The VT offense is loaded.
UNC W
Miami L - Mark Richt knows how to beat us when he's got the horses. He does this year.
UVA W
UGA L - I think the uga intangibles at home are way over the top positive after losing to us 2x in a row at home.

I am predicting 8-4 with my "subjective" standard deviation calculated at 2.0.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

Some of you guys can come up with some odd *** stats and it’s usually to grind an axe...

Be careful what we wish for??? I don’t even know what that means or implies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Uh, happenstance? Anomaly?

I'm wishing for a great season. What are you wishing for?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Alcorn - W
@USF - W
@Pitt - W
Clemson - L
Bowling Green - W
@UL - L
Duke - W
@VT - L
@UNC - W
Miami - L